By using and signing up for a BradfordToday.com membership subscription you are agreeing to the following Terms Of Service (TOS) Agreement. BradfordToday.com may change these terms at any point without written notice.
- All terms presented here are only available to individuals who are able to form legally binding contracts under applicable law, if you are not able to form into this agreement then you are not eligible to participate in our membership program.
- This agreement is void where prohibited.
- Any activity conducted with, or using our membership services is subject to applicable laws, in addition this contract shall be considered to be in breach if any illegal activities is preformed by any user.
- Any breach of this agreement performed by you shall render your account void and be subject for termination.
- Members, users and subscribers MUST agree to these terms in order to have a login account with Bradford Today.
- Bradford Today has the right to refuse service, membership or a user account to any individual or business at our sole discretion or for any good reason we can think of.
- You understand that you are only eligible for one (1) account/subscription/membership with Bradford Today and you agree that you WILL NOT sign up for more than one (1) account and you understand that by signing up for multiple accounts that you are in breach of this agreement. (if you just want to change your username, contact the admin)
- You agree that Bradford Today may at it’s sole discretion delete any secondary accounts that have proven to have been created by you.
- You understand and agree that Bradford Today MAY suspend your account at any point for violating these terms. You also understand that Bradford Today MAY send you warnings or notices of your breach or potential breach of this agreement but is not obligated to do so.
- You agree to submit/sign up with correct contact information such as your name, email, address and a valid phone number for account verification and validation and understand that by submitting false information, your account could be denied or limited. You also agree to keep this information up to date and you understand that if for any reason Bradford Today can not reach you and get a response from you on an account related issue for a period of 25 days, your account may be suspended.
- By signing up, you understand that it is your sole responsibility to keep your username and password in a safe place and it is your obligation to not share this information with others. You also understand and agree that ANY actions taken under your username and password login ( whether it was you or not ) will be considered to have been done by you and you understand that Bradford Today CAN NOT be held liable if someone gets your login information.
- You fully know and understand that Bradford Today will randomly assign an image avatar to your account at signup and may at our own discretion throughout your membership assign a randomly selected image to any accounts that do not have an avatar uploaded or set.
2B. Account ownership/deletion
- You understand that all usernames/screen names contained within the Bradford Today database are the sole property of Bradford Today.
- You understand by selecting such a username/screen name contained within the Bradford Today database, you are given an unlimited license to use, post or interact on the site with such name ONLY UNTIL SAID USERNAME/SCREEN NAME IS REMOVED OR DELETED FROM THE BRADFORD TODAY DATABASE.
- Bradford Today NEVER recommends that you request deletion of your account, however, in the event that you insist on account deletion, you understand that your 1. anonymous username/screen name which does not identify you personally will become available for use by another user and 2. username/screen names that identify you personally will become banned and can never be used again.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ACTUAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH OUR “subscription”, “membership”, “Services” OR THIS AGREEMENT.
- You agree to abide by all applicable laws in using our programs or services.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless our employees from any claim or demand, including attorneys fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania except to the extent federal law governs copyrights and trademarks. This agreement is the entire agreement between you (the registered user/member/subscriber) and Bradford Today and supersedes any other understandings or agreements, including, but not limited to, any other services provided. Any action relating to this agreement must be brought in the federal or state or local courts assigned to or located in Mckean County, Pennsylvania, and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
- In addition to part “a” of this section 3, Liability, in the event of any litigation against Bradford Today you agree to not hold Bradford Today liable for any damages that exceed the entire cost originally paid for the membership, subscription, service or product in question.
4. Posting Or Submitting To Our Services In General
post = Any content posted to any part of Bradford Today or related and affiliated websites
- Personal Intellectual Content Post or Submissions. By posting your own personal Intellectual Property, opinions or forum post to this service in full context or otherwise providing complete works or materials for display on this site, you are stating that you are the owner of the materials being posted or have permission to post such materials and are granting Bradford Today.com express consent from the owner (you) of the materials a never ending, royalty free, non-exclusive, unrestricted world license to publish, copy, use, display, transmit or sublicense these materials submitted. You understand you are granting this license beginning from the moment you publish.
- Posting content from others. You understand you may NOT post materials created by others in full. You understand you may quote or provide an excerpt of the materials. You also understand that any posts made of quotes or excerpts of third party content that you agree to provide a link or information regarding the source of such materials.
- With exception to Profile settings and Private Messages, any forum posts, articles, news, stories, poems or Opinion Editorials you post to this service are not guaranteed to be published on Bradford Today or related websites. Editors will need to approve some submissions before they are published.
- More forum related posting rules can be found HERE.
5. Classified Ads
- You may not post multiple ads for the same item to the same category (spamming). Ads should be placed in the proper category.
- Any products you list must be legally sellable products or services.
- The following items are not permitted, pornographic items, sex related items, items promoting hate, racism, or criminal.
- Bradford Today reserves the right to move or refuse ANY ad posted.
6. User Profiles & Private Messaging – Specific rules regarding profiles in general.
- You MUST keep your profile free of sexually explicit content, it must be decent. Bradford Today will not tolerate any breach of this rule and your account will be deleted and banned if found you have broken it. ALL PROFILES ARE MONITORED BY THE STAFF AND CAN BE REPORTED BY OTHER USERS.
- You agree to not ‘Spam” other users profiles with ads or any unwanted materials.
- You agree to not harass other users through the use of profiles or private messaging (PM).
7. Bradford Today & Affiliated Co-Sponsored Contest Agreement
- By participating in the contests held at Bradford Today.com you are agreeing to accept these special terms.
- In order to participate and win you must be a registered user and qualify to win. Qualifying users are subscribers who do NOT have a relationship with either Bradford Today or the co-sponsoring body.
- There are no purchases necessary to win any of our contest held at Bradford Today.com. Each contest may have different requirements in order to win, each contest will specify what the requirements are for that particular promotion and how to participate.
- Bradford Today may do promotions in conjunction with 3rd parties who may sponsor a prize or reward contest. You agree that Bradford Today.com and such 3rd parties have the right to share information related to participating contestants and by participating in such contests you grant Bradford Today permission to share such information collected within the particular contest with the sponsor.
- In the event you should win any contest, you grant Bradford Today.com and its partners and affiliates the right to use your name and or subscriber/member name in promotional materials for the purposes of promoting this site and or a business related to the contest as well as the right to announce you as winner of such prizes or rewards, and to publish it as we see fit.
8. Premium Subscribers (depreciated, gone)
9. User Points (depreciated, gone)
10. Business Directory / Reviews & Ratings
- As a member/subscriber you agree to the following terms and conditions and policies regarding the Bradford Today Business Directory.
- Only official representatives of the business/organization may submit it’s listing to the Business Directory.
- By submitting a listing, you agree to provide correct and accurate information and agree to keep the listing updated with new or changing information.
- BradfordToday has the right to publish publicly available, generally known information about businesses and organizations such as place of business and contact information. It is the policy of BradfordToday to not remove these listings unless those listings meet one of the following conditions: 1. The business/organization ceases to exist. 2. The business/organization no longer does business in the Bradford/McKean County and surrounding areas. You also understand that once you submit or be given the privilege to edit/update your business/organization listing as an official representative that you can not remove your listing unless it meets one of these conditions.
- As a listing owner, you have the privilege to add or edit company/organization information on your listing however you do not have the right to edit or remove reviews or ratings. You do however have the right to be notified of and respond to reviews.
- You understand that reviews must meet the general posting rules in section 4 above.