It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I grew up in Bradford- FB page
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:35 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

I have mentioned them on here before ... the "I Grew Up In Bradford Pa" facebook page. It's a great site. although I'm currently not a member.

The owner Kim Nicholas tries to run a tight ship! She insists that everything on the site remain "positive". A noble goal for sure.

But anyway, IGUIBP, as they call it, is a great site! It has some really great information about Bradford. Kim Nicholas keeps it monitored as a very "positive site". Something I respect and agree with. But sometimes *some* negative comments slip in.

I really do respect her right to judge what she thinks is negative about Bradford and what is not. It's her site.

But since the site IS about Bradford after all, every once in a while, there are comments like this:

Attachment:
I grew up - then I left.jpg
I grew up - then I left.jpg [ 33.69 KiB | Viewed 1665 times ]

Reality sneaks in!

I very often recommend to friends and acquaintances that they check out I Grew UP In Bradford Pa for the positive side of all things Bradford, it would be nice if she reciprocated by sending all her "negative Nancies" over to Bradford Today for a discussion of all things Bradford .... without the censorship!

Kim, how about it? Send all your negative Nancies over to BT and I will continue to send everybody I can your way? Sounds fair to me!

There are some great contributers on "I Grew Up" with a wealth of information they share.

And Kim often takes some great, colorful photos!

If you haven't already, go to facebook and check out "I Grew Up In Bradford Pa". It's a very popular site, especially for "displaced Bradforidians".

Last edited by Stony on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
no reason given

Post subject: Re: I grew up in Bradford- FB page
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:36 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Wow, I haven't heard about the Rape Problem.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:55 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

citizen wrote:
Wow, I haven't heard about the Rape Problem.

Bingo! That is the whole point of "them" keeping things quiet!

Don't you think if Bradford has the highest reported sex abuse per capita in the whole state that some of that reported sex abuse might be rape?

And doesn't Bradford have a whole "cottage industry" of folks making a lot of money off treating "mental issues" in this town?

Follow the money!

And don't you think *the powers that be* embracing the "scummer lifestyle" only adds to the likely hood of this problem only getting bigger?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:38 pm 

Where is the "I left Bradford because it's a wellie infested shithole" FB page?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:38 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:47 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

mestupid wrote:
Where is the "I left Bradford because it's a wellie infested shithole" FB page?

I was thinking of starting "I THREW UP IN BRADFORD"! LOL!

When people who left back in the 70's, 80's, and 90's return to their hometown, their first instinct might be to throw up!

Or they put on their rosy glasses and only listen to what the "liars and deniers" have to say about Bradford, and everything is fine! Oh, and they only look at brightly colored "acid trip" photography that distorts reality and makes even the slummy sections of Main Street look great. Welfare don't exist in their minds. Some people won't even use the term "scummer" or admit that scummers even exist. Never mind the fact that scummers infest every single corner of Bradford life.

It really does not do Bradford any good when you can't even acknowledge the truth about it. It is NOT helping Bradford become a better place to live, when you ignore problems that need to be fixed.

Those who "only see the good" and "keep everything positive" are part of the problem!

Nothing gets solved by people with their heads in the sand or someplace much darker!

Merry Christmas!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:28 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Don't forget Bradford has a bridge to Nowhere. Did the OECD put Christmas lights on it? The grant for that stupid bridge was a big waste of taxpayers money. And yes Scummers and Welfare everywhere! And the highest Property Taxes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:22 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

citizen wrote: "Wow, I haven't heard about the Rape Problem."

IMO: That is a roofie rapist! I would ask the police-maybe the drug task?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:28 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

landlord wrote:
Scummers and Welfare everywhere! And the highest Property Taxes.

That is just two of many of our more serious problems.

But tons of people don't want to deal with reality! They would rather put on their rose colored glasses, pick up a psychedelic camera, set it on "acid trip vibrant color mode", and share unrealistic photos of our town. There is a big interest in sweeping things under the carpet and ignoring them. All while calling those who expose the truth, "crazies"! Welcome to Bradford!

Attachment:
DupedInBradford.jpg
DupedInBradford.jpg [ 69.2 KiB | Viewed 1031 times ]

Um, did it ever occur to any thinking person out there that "only focusing on the positive" is not only disingenuous, not only counter productive, but is also very intellectually lazy?

My only hope for the new year is that more people see that ignoring major problems won't make them go away. More people need to wake up and identify problems, and formulate a plan to make major changes to fix all of Bradford problems.

Attachment:
DupedInBradford.jpg
DupedInBradford.jpg [ 69.2 KiB | Viewed 1031 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:14 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

landlord wrote:
Don't forget Bradford has a bridge to Nowhere. Did the OECD put Christmas lights on it? The grant for that stupid bridge was a big waste of taxpayers money. And yes Scummers and Welfare everywhere! And the highest Property Taxes.

Just for you Landlord. Here are two giant money pits the city shoveld our tax dollars into:

Attachment:
taxus.jpg
taxus.jpg [ 127.13 KiB | Viewed 998 times ]

And while you are talking about stupid things that waste our tax dollars, don't forget the Sarah Andrews "curb jut outs" where they built curbs that jut out into the traffic flow lanes.

The ones that when they were done, tripped up the snow plows and had to then be removed at an additional cost to the taxpayers!

What did that end up costing?

The cost of designing, building, and then REMOVING the curbs that ran into the traffic lanes?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:19 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

landlord wrote:
Don't forget Bradford has a bridge to Nowhere. Did the OECD put Christmas lights on it?

Attachment:
taxus.jpg
taxus.jpg [ 127.13 KiB | Viewed 997 times ]

Um, I don't believe you could possibly add any more lights or lumens to that bridge! It's already as bright as it could possibly be! It's like a tanning bed! I'm surprised none of the scummer chicks has used it for a tanning bed yet. Have you ever seen it at night? It couldn't possibly be any more lit up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:43 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Don't forget Stony, the 'bridge' HAS to be visible from space... :lol: