It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Sparks fly in Foster Township!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:01 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Man, I really gotta start attending more public meetings!

Somebody who attended last nights Foster Township meeting called me up to tell me what went on.

They started out with "sparks flew at the meeting last night". Then proceeded to tell me about what happened.

NONE OF WHICH appeared on WESB or in the Era today!

Apparently Anne Holiday, who usually does a great job reporting on public meetings, sometimes even the "behind the scenes" stuff, was conspicuously absent.

But, a little birdie told me that not only was there a Bradford Era reporter there, but that the editor in chief was there also! How is it they both missed all the fireworks? TWO reporters and still an incomplete report of what took place? Seriously, what is up with that?

It's almost like everybody in town needs to attend the meetings to witness for themselves what takes place at the dam meetings!

Why do we even have *so called reporters*?

PEOPLE- GET OUT THERE AND ATTEND ANY PUBLIC MEETING THAT YOU MAY HAVE AN INVESTED INTEREST IN YOURSELVES! SEE WHAT DEMOCRACY REALLY LOOKS LIKE IN PERSON!

Apparently that is your only choice if you really want to know what is really going on!

A sad state of affairs in Bradford in my humble opinion!

Post subject: Re: Sparks fly in Foster Township!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:22 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I have yet to meet a single person in real life who is satisfied with the new editor.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:46 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Well the sparks that flew that meeting was when supervisor Jim Connelly stood up and asserted that replacing him was done as a result of a back room deal. He had no idea that supervisor Dale Phillips and John Sullivan planned to vote him out. Sullivan was about to gavel Jim Connelly, but the audience demanded they let him speak. Jim Connelly got two applauses from the citizens he represents.

No mention of that in the Era despite there were not one, but two people there from the Era.

But we have seen this time and time again. The "main stream media" in this town just prints the "fluff" or the easy stuff. I'd like to say they only report the "facts" but they all too often get "facts" wrong! How many times have you seen that happen?

A perfect example of this would be a story in todays Bradford Era about the replacement of the ice rink. What is missing from it you may ask? How about a detailed discussion of the COST OF THE PROJECT?

But getting back to the Foster Township meeting. The "main stream media" never even reported about the "flavor" of the meeting or that it was "contentious" to say the least. Nor did they report on several topics discussed. Nor did they mention some of the more prominent citizen speakers.

Grant Nichols was there from the Bradford Journal and hopefully HE will at least write a little bit about what REALLY took place at the meeting.

But if you have ANY interest in Foster Township at all, I suggest you attend the public meetings and witness it for yourselves.

You can't rely on the main stream media in this town for sure! You will only get a part of the whole story!

In MY humble opinion!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:05 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Jeez, I read the Era and thought to myself, It sounds like it was a quiet meeting. Anything but...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:50 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

ryanclose wrote:
I have yet to meet a single person in real life who is satisfied with the new editor.

Ryan, we don't have to be! Only one man needs to like the new editor!

Maybe this analogy will help.

Think of the Bradford Era as a school bus.

A school bus will always be a school bus.

You can hire a school bus driver to drive it, and will be a school bus, OR you can hire a race car driver to drive it (perhaps expecting something different), but it's still a school bus!

Nobody will have time to read print media in the digital (near) future. Newspapers are a dying media.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:01 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

citizen wrote:
Jeez, I read the Era and thought to myself, It sounds like it was a quiet meeting. Anything but...

I've gotten literally several phone calls from people who attended the meeting who say the difference between what REALLY TOOK PLACE at the meeting and WHAT THE ERA REPORTED, was like night and day.

Some people were totally baffled at what was in the Era.

I responded "did you expect any different"?

Hey, Bud Beck use to always refer to it as "the Error". Perhaps for a good reason.

I said this before, and I will say it once again. We do not have any investigative reporters in this town (besides of the course the ones that I bring in!) (but that is another story!).

What was that old black and white detective show? Dragnet? Where the chief always scolded the victims .. ..... "just the facts mam, just the facts"!

Bradford Era: "just the fluff .... just the fluff"!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:13 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

........ Speaking of Jim Connelly, did the Bradford Era spell his name wrong in today article on purpose or what? They successfully spelled it correctly several times before. Why the error now?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:10 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

At the work session held on 2-21-13 John Sullivan was exposed for his consolidation skills. The only word John Sullivan seems to know is consolidation. The taxpayers are getting tired of his one word vocabulary. "CONSOLIDATION CONSOLIDATION CONSOLIDATION" One taxpayer even left the meeting telling the supervisors to take that word out of their vocabulary.