It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Dont have to worry about the feds taking guns, states wi
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:17 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

ryanclose wrote:
Stony..... Sometimes you make me sick.

So sorry to hear that. Are you physically or mentally sick?

You become sick just reading an opinion on a message board that does not 100% totally agree with how you think? Seriously? You need to find another website!

ryanclose wrote:
This is nothing that should EVER happen in a so called "land of the free".

Not sure what you are referring to as "this" and how it relates to "land of the free". America may be the land of the free, but it's not a "free for all". We have to have laws to govern ourselves as per what is socially acceptable. You need to buy an island somewhere if you want to live "where anything goes".

I drive a car and really resent having to register and insure it year after year. But I don't get sick when somebody tells me I have to do that. Lots of stuff has to be registered in this country .... Hundreds or thousands of things! Even dogs and cats! Ham radios, explosives, and even tattoo artists in some states. Just to name a few. I'm just the messenger. Just because I listed the above items don't me I agree with registering them.

ryanclose wrote:
How dare you act like it's "reasonable".

You are mis reading what I said.
And putting words in my mouth.

Flash was insinuating that all guns would be confiscated and crushed, and I merely pointed out the reality of the proposed law. And I never said that I agreed with the law or though it to be good or reasonable myself.

ryanclose wrote:
From now on, your free speech will have some commonsense restrictions. You are still allowed to speak and do what you want, but it must first be recorded in the privacy of your home where nobody except federal agents can hear. The recording must then be sent in for editing and registration, and at this point will be mailed back for distribution in typed form or as part of a conversation.

Sorry, I don't understand any of this .... It reads and sounds like gibberish to me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:54 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Yes stony, I read the entire proposal. That one and the one in MN, and the one proposed by Obama. And without the spin you put on it.

I did not insinuate that all guns would be confiscated. Therefore you lied.

You obviously did not read the entire proposed law. If you had you would not have been able to spin the proposal as reasonable.

Sure am glad that I have 'high' capacity magazines for me deer rifle. Semi-automatic and makes a much larger hole than the puny little AR-15 ever would.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:13 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:
We have to have laws to govern ourselves as per what is socially acceptable.

Yes.....the problem lies with WHO gets to decide what is ''socially acceptable." Tyranny by any other name....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:55 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

It's NOTHING like registering a car. Most guns used in crimes are legally owned anyways, what is registering going to do other than pave the way for easier future confiscation? 99.9% of drunk drivers are in registered cars.... 99.9% of speeders are in registered cars.... What in the world do people think "registering" is going to accomplish to solve crime? If a crook wants a gun, they can just steal it, or make it. Making a gun is NOT difficult.

Cars are registered so you can pay the road use tax basically. You don't register a car just because you own it. I have a 1967 Dodge Coronet, I have had it since 2001... Guess what? NEVER been registered. Hell it wasn't even titled to me until recently. I could see paying to USE your gun at a range... Oh wait, you do.... If you don't own the range it's more than likely you will pay the road use tax "range fee" for upkeep of the range.

Quote:
If it were a female, or black or gay friend of mine, and I asserted, "You don't NEED birth control, Nobody NEEDS to sit on the front of the bus, nobody NEEDS to be able to get married, I don't see what the big deal is," the response would be violent, angry, and I would be deemed a bigot and very likely ejected from their circle of friends.

This isn't just difference of opinion, it's about you suggesting that something I value as a human right isn't important because it doesn't apply to your beliefs. This is no different than you getting fired up about pollution and expecting others to understand.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:31 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

tigereye wrote:
Stony wrote:
We have to have laws to govern ourselves as per what is socially acceptable.

Yes.....the problem lies with WHO gets to decide what is ''socially acceptable." Tyranny by any other name....

Tiger, I meant "we the people" as a generalization.

We all understand that we need some rules and regulations for us to be able to live together. Our society as a whole, Republicans and Democrats have been making the rules or laws for many generations. I was referring to all the laws we all agree on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:43 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Ryan, you are way off base. You keep adding to what I say, or change my intent entirely. Don't add words to what I post. And don't twist it.

"Owning any kind of gun you want" is NOT a "human right". It just isn't.

But we do have a right, and a need to breathe clean air, drink clean water, and grow food in clean earth. Those are basic needs. Basic human rights.

People CAN live healthy, prosperous, and safe lives without owning guns. But you can't live a long, healthy, prosperous life owing a gun and breathing poisoned air, drinking poisoned water, and eating food grown in poisons.

Man lived for millions and millions of years on this earth before guns came along! And some will live millions more without guns.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:43 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:
Ryan, you are way off base. You keep adding to what I say, or change my intent entirely. Don't add words to what I post. And don't twist it.
Do unto others....you do in almost every post exactly what you ask Ryan to not do to you.

Stony wrote:
"Owning any kind of gun you want" is NOT a "human right". It just isn't.
The right to defend oneself, family and property is though. When those that would cause harm or take from us we have the basic human right to act against that.

Stony wrote:
But we do have a right, and a need to breathe clean air, drink clean water, and grow food in clean earth. Those are basic needs. Basic human rights.
Agree.

Stony wrote:
People CAN live healthy, prosperous, and safe lives without owning guns. But you can't live a long, healthy, prosperous life owing a gun and breathing poisoned air, drinking poisoned water, and eating food grown in poisons.
Then get the government out of our food and out of our gun safes.

Stony wrote:
Man lived for millions and millions of years on this earth before guns came along! And some will live millions more without guns.
But never without a weapon to provide food, to defend against attack, to use in sport.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:10 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I think stony just likes to stir up traffic for this site's ad revenue or something. No logical human being can honestly think in such an out-of-touch manner on self defense. And I do agree on the environmental stuff too, obviously.

I thought this poster was some BS scare tactic brought about by fellow gun owners. It happens. Unfortunately, it seems to check out. The same people that just purchased 2 BILLION + rounds of hollow point ammo and 7000 fully automatic assault rifles is now buying these "non-traditional" targets. It's ALL happening, people.

Attachments:
DHS no hesitation targets.jpg
DHS no hesitation targets.jpg [ 137.13 KiB | Viewed 1221 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:23 pm 
Novice
Novice

As to the opinion that "you cannot own any gun you want" or that "machine guns are illegal" you should understand the facts. Machine guns are legal. You can own and purchase a machine gun after completing some extra paperwork and enhanced registration. And there in lies the current problem

Since 1934, the law regulating machine guns was in place. It was put in place as a reaction to gangster violence, much as the proposals today are being put forth for same reasons. But here is the deal. There was a very clear distinction in the firearm types which were regulated under the law. Nothing much has changed except some caliber introductions and various model looks. There have been no giant leaps of technology. Autoloader guns They eject the empty after firing and strip a new one off the magazine and then you must release the trigger to fire again. This has been how they work since 1900 or so when first conceived. Did restricting machine guns stop crime?

The problem now becomes, should every gun and gun owner fall under the same rule as applied to machine guns? Why after 80 years do these commonly owned arms suddenly move to the other category? And why then would you suspect that more and more of them won't move into the category? And why can you not understand that "grandfathering" IS confiscation. Because it is diminishing through attrition these arms as they either wear out or become non-transferable. That IS confiscation. Making it non-inheritable, non-saleable is ceasure.

Just "register" them. Yeah, that has worked out well just about everywhere.

There are some solutions though that would work. Like in NY recently, if you beat your grandma to death with a hammer, then you don't get to go shoot the police and firemen in 15 years. Maybe we could consider keeping you off the street for, oh, I don't know, how about forever?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:13 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Ryan wrote; "2 BILLION + rounds of hollow point ammo and 7000 fully automatic assault rifles is now buying these "non-traditional" targets. It's ALL happening, people." The evidence certainly points that way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12