It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Buffalo Gunslingers are at it again!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:50 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Did anybody see the latest on Anne Holidays news blog about yet another gunslinging "Buffalo Drug Dealer" ..... I'm sorry, "Person from Buffalo whom the police claim was in possession of a large amount of packaged drugs who has not be convicted of such" ..... "one who probably has nothing at all to do with narcotics". I got a little ahead of myself there.

He may be completely innocent of even having a stolen gun. Perhaps some sleazy lawyer can get him found innocent of all these charges.

Here's Anne's great story about the ALLEGED gun stealin' drug dealin' Buffalo guy:

http://1490newsblog.blogspot.com/

Here is what the article looks like:

Attachment:
innocentuntilprovenguilty.jpg
innocentuntilprovenguilty.jpg [ 44.98 KiB | Viewed 1435 times ]

Post subject: Re: The Buffalo Gunslingers are at it again!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:08 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Now Stony, you cant just go profiling these guys... Im sure he is just a poor Pitt student that needs some extra money to make his tuition. I was scolded by an official for assuming that the guys next door to me were up to no good just because they slept till 2pm everyday (must have worked second shift) wore special 'work uniforms' that consisted of baggy pants worn around their upper thighs, oversized red windbreakers with matching bandanas, (or matching oversized hats worn sideways)shiny ornaments in their teeth, trendy corn rows in their hair, you get the idea. They would shuffle down my street late afternoon each day, and had a lot, (A LOT!) of friends that would visit, oddly enough they must have all worked the second shift, because all these friends would visit at the strangest hours. Many young cousins too, (They must have been cousins, because they sure didnt look like these guys...) most were young white girls, who looked to be of school age, but i must be wrong because they were visiting during school hours. These people are very misunderstood Stony...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:19 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Apparently this guy had no qualms about moving to Bradford, as with Citizen's neighbors! The gettin is good here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:58 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Shadow wrote:
Apparently this guy had no qualms about moving to Bradford, as with Citizen's neighbors! The gettin is good here!

Yes, good point Shadow (as always!) .... apparently reading Bradford Today didn't spook these guys away!

They moved here despite the gloomy job prospects, the blight, and the carnival like political scene!

*Something* is drawing all these displaced Buffaloonians here!

I'm not profiling this guy. I don't believe ALL Buffalo imports are gun-totin' drug dealers.

But since you mentioned profiling. When the cops and city hall people tell us that "the blacks" in town may be Pitt students, isn't THAT profiling? Isn't that more prejudiced than somebody else identifying (correctly) that they are more likely drug dealers?

Why is it an average citizen can differentiate between a black person here to run the college or take classes at the college and a common thug, but the "authorities" (some who should be trained to spot criminals and criminal behavior) can't?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:18 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

So they were right about the two guys on Bushnell street shooting it out... That incident had absolutely nothing to do with narcotics, those two were criminal justice majors from Pitt, and they were simulating a drug deal gone bad, and were probably shooting blanks from non locally stolen guns.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:33 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Suspected Marijuana substance???? hahahaha.... Sorry I can not stand Anne Holiday's reporting skills.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:04 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

transplant wrote:
Suspected Marijuana substance???? hahahaha.... Sorry I can not stand Anne Holiday's reporting skills.

To be fair, that language may be what was reported to her.

Anne is a great reporter and seems to be getting better. WESB often does a better job then the Era on stories (a pretty low bar as a comparison).

And Anne is a great speaker on the radio.

She always seems to be able to dig a little deeper than the Era crew does.

Her report on her blog on this story was better than what was in the Era today.

"Suspected Marijuana substance" .... I know ....right?

"A metal object containing bullets, suspected of being a gun"! LOL!

Or "this drug deal gone bad, resulting in a shoot out, had nothing at all to do with narcotics"!

Whatever!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:25 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

We should make these guys go through a background check to steal a gun. :lol:

Somebody I know has a fake facebook page where they pretend to be a severe thug, and they added a ton of these buffalonians and their local brethren. They don't have any hesitations writing right on their facebook about what they do. They are certainly drug dealers. No question about it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:12 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote; "*Something* is drawing all these displaced Buffaloonians here!" and Ryan wrote;

"Somebody I know has a fake facebook page where they pretend to be a severe thug, and they added a ton of these buffalonians and their local brethren. They don't have any hesitations writing right on their facebook about what they do. They are certainly drug dealers. No question about it." Ryan, why dont you 'friend' some of the local police, and share that page!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:26 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

ryanclose wrote:

This case should demonstrate how "legal guns" end up in the wrong hands. This gun started out as a legally purchased and owned gun and this thug was able to get his hands on it.

"They" don't need to worry about a background check. A background check would have kept a gun from this convicted felon. But all he needed to do was take a gun from somebody who did pass a background check.

Hence, the argument that the "anti's" make (correctly) is that the more guns out there, the more guns the bad guys have access to ....LIKE IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE!

ryanclose wrote:

No, some people just need to keep better track of their guns. I wonder what the circumstances were that allowed this thug to acquire this weapon?

If we had a REAL news reporter in this town, we would already know the answer to this, and other questions!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:35 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony, if your house were broken into, would your valuables be secure?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:55 am 
Novice
Novice

The City of Buffalo is getting more violent on a daily basis. As an update to this thread there is a current heavy uptick on gun violence in the city. (You know; those folks to whom "Gun Control" doesn't apply) The murders make headlines but the random shootings are not well reported and greatly outnumber the deadly ones. This may be fine if it remains isolated, but it has spread widely. There really are many parts of the city that are no-go areas after dark- how nice.
Why post this? Because you really need to keep a better eye on your out-of-state visitors down there. If you see New York plates on overnighter's cars you might watch closely at what else is going on. Bias may be a non-PC term, but careful scrutiny is another.
Watch the Buffalo thugs closely. They won't move down en-masse because "da welfare" is less and the "gibs-me-dat" culture is not quite as prevalent, but they need expanding markets. So be ready.
The way things heat up in the Summer, you may consider setting up checkpoints on the 219 soon.