It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Dissent within the Bradford Era on facebook?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:57 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

this popped up, then was blocked immediately, very interesting...
The Bradford Era

To our readers: The recent editorials about gun control and the NewBury Commons and signed as "The Bradford Era" were written by Managing Editor Mark Ivancic. They do not reflect the the views of the Bradford Era news staff.

If you have any questions, concerns, opinions, etc. they can be directed to him.

Post subject: Re: Dissent within the Bradford Era on facebook?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:31 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

citizen wrote:
The Bradford Era

To our readers: The recent editorials about gun control and the NewBury Commons and signed as "The Bradford Era" were written by Managing Editor Mark Ivancic. They do not reflect the the views of the Bradford Era news staff.

If you have any questions, concerns, opinions, etc. they can be directed to him.

Are you sure Citizen? Marty Wilder, in a parting interview in the Era just recently said they were like one, big, happy family down there. Therefore, when an article is signed "the Bradford Era", it's the opinion of the Bradford Era! One big happy family!

......... Sort of like us here on Bradford Today! One big, happy family!

PS- The Bradford Era mis-spelled "Dingleberry Commons"!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:45 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Ivancic at the Era recently. He seemed like an average guy to me. I was impressed with his knowledge of the newspaper business and with some of the newspapers he has been associated with during his career. I enjoyed our conversation. During our conversation, I invited Mr. Ivancic to attend one of our Township monthly meetings and last month when I looked out into the audience he was present. I hope he was impressed with the number of people in attendance at our meeting. As far as management, when ever a business brings in a new manager there will probably be some changes made.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:34 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Landlord, my post was not necessarily aimed at Mr. Ivancic, rather it addresses what appears to be strife of some kind within the walls of the Era. I too have met Mr. Ivancic, and he (and his wife) seem like very nice people. Does he know about it? undoubtedly, is he involved? Good question.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:23 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

HAHAHAHA, tit for tat!

Here is a chuckler for you, do you think there might be a connection?

************* ERA JOB OPENING *************

The Bradford Era is seeking a newsroom generalist with reporting and page design experience. We're looking for a writer who can conceptualize and produce enterprise stories as well as do an occasional turn on our design desk. The candidate's aptitude for either reporting or design could influence the shape of this job. The Era is a 9,200-circulation six-day morning daily in the heart of the Allegheny National Forest. Opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast abound outside the newsroom; opportunities for professional enrichment abound within it. Contact managing editor Mark Ivancic.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:29 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony, it sounds like they are calling you, but you don't like the Soviet style reporting. 9200 daily circulation? Do 15300 other people share the paper to make their 24500 daily readers?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:07 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I know in an earlier post it mentioned what his wife did, and can't find it. Does anyone know?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:44 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Well, if you assume that Bradford Today has some twenty four billion daily readers, a small fraction of them might check out the Bradford Era since we often mention them here. So they can probably thank us for their unusually high numbers.

Print media is on it's way out in this day and age ....... We should all prolly feel guilty kicking them as they are going down!

Advertisers on here for instance, report a better response, and the cost is far less than a newspaper ad.

ONE of the great features or attractions of being a TRUE free-lance writer on various internet sites, is the ability to be totally free, unregulated and uncensored!

Who wants to read "all the news **** *********** wants us to hear"? With his Nazi like censorship?

I throughly enjoy partaking of outdoor opportunities around here, and writing on Bradford Today and other websites.

Baker, Ivancic's wife is at the Chamber of Commerce. ...... Don't get me started on them! LOL!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:10 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Quote:
Well, if you assume that Bradford Today has some twenty four billion daily readers,

I'm curious as to where you got this figure. Or is it TIC?
(At which point the rest of your post can be ignored.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:50 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Guitar wrote:
Quote:
Well, if you assume that Bradford Today has some twenty four billion daily readers,

I'm curious as to where you got this figure. Or is it TIC?
(At which point the rest of your post can be ignored.)

Why do you question my outrageous claim about Bradford Today and not the Bradford Era's readership claim?

All I will say is that perhaps that number is not the absolute provable truth, but neither is the number they print on the front page of the Era every day. Both numbers are just an educated guess.

Echo Media claims the Bradford Era has a circulation of 12,200. I would guess that reflects delivery, and sales in stores and machines. Not every home that gets a daily paper may read the paper.

Why don't you question how they come up with 24,500 daily readers? It could be 12,100 people get it to line bird cages, dog runs, or kitty litter boxes! LOL!

It seems to me somebody is doing a little creative "wishful thinking"!

This is not TIC, it's clearly horse-shittin-around!