It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: People who should not own dogs!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:36 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

HotRod32 wrote:
Wow...well said ! Lets make a new rule here talking about dogs,it will cover alot of the house's this goes on at. If you are on Welfare you can NOT own a pet. Because you are not capable of taking care of your own ass,so how in the hell are you able to properly care for a pet ? Simple ! NO PET'S I own 2 dogs and know what it cost ! I see Scummer's walking the town with $1000 dogs ! Where the hell do they get the money to buy them ? So we don't take anybody's rights away here they can now go to the SPCA and and spend time with the dog's and cat's and see how to properly care for a pet. Just a thought... :)

And its a very good thought! But the one thing I would like to point out is.....some people own pets, lose their jobs, go on some sort of welfare, as a temporary thing. Those ppl should not have to give up their pets. BUT if you are on Welfare, it should be illegal to go out and get a pet. I say the SPCA should not only copy your driver's license when you adopt, but also be allowed to see your last 4 pay stubs from your JOB!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:18 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Transplant wrote; "It's not just people on welfare, I know quite a few houses where the people have good jobs aren't on assistance and are still jagoffs and leave their dogs outside to bark incessantly all day." You are right about this Transplant. Somewhere along the line common courtesy went out the window. I would recommend that you call and complain. There are ordinances for this, and its anytime of day, not just after a certain time. You can find them here. http://ecode360.com/BR1254?#BR1254 (Chapter 154, section 2) Afterall, you pay plenty in taxes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:29 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

My post was meant to be total Bullshit except for the final sentence, I do believe there would be many fewer people on public assistance if family took better care of family.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:31 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I don't see the point in taking current pets or children, but a mandatory condition should be birth control. You take assistance, you take birth control. If you don't want to be "infringed" upon well guess what, don't take the assistance. I have 1 child and work full time. I do not have more children simply because of finances. Why is it that some people have it the other way? They are basically paid to have more and more kids while WE foot the bill? They certainly are more dumbed down and easy to control when they have it so easy. Big Brother hates free thinkers, after all. "Nothing to see here ma'am, just go back to your obamaphone and your big screen TV. We'll take care of you! Remember to vote!"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:21 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Shadow wrote:
If you are going to chain your dog in the back yard and ignore it.....don't get one!
If you are also going to leave it out in all kinds of weather, like 0 degrees.....don't get one!
If you are going to let it bark all day b/c it is bored, and yell at it occasionally to shut up....don't get one!
If you are not going to take care of it, get it veterinary attention, spay or neuter it....don't get one!
Don't be a dumbass!

I agree with you 100 percent and I apologize for being involved in the hijacking of your thread.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:46 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

LOL! We are all guilty of hijacking threads. For some reason, they always go back to Welfare.

On a brighter note, I recently fostered a cat from the local shelter while he was recovering from getting neutered, and a wonderful couple adopted him! So he never had to go back to the SPCA. He will have the best life ever! Wish they ALL could. One step at a time!