It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: People who should not own dogs!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:32 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

If you are going to chain your dog in the back yard and ignore it.....don't get one!
If you are also going to leave it out in all kinds of weather, like 0 degrees.....don't get one!
If you are going to let it bark all day b/c it is bored, and yell at it occasionally to shut up....don't get one!
If you are not going to take care of it, get it veterinary attention, spay or neuter it....don't get one!
Don't be a dumbass!

Post subject: Re: People who should not own dogs!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:56 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Agreed!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:07 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Shadow wrote:
If you are going to chain your dog in the back yard and ignore it.....don't get one!
If you are also going to leave it out in all kinds of weather, like 0 degrees.....don't get one!
If you are going to let it bark all day b/c it is bored, and yell at it occasionally to shut up....don't get one!
If you are not going to take care of it, get it veterinary attention, spay or neuter it....don't get one!
Don't be a dumbass!

Excellent post Shadow .... but it's not just dogs.

"Scummers is, as scummers does" (Forest Gumps mom)(IF she ever visited Bradford)!

If you are going to put your kid in the back yard and ignore it.....don't breed one!

If you are also going to leave it out in all kinds of weather, like 0 degrees.....don't breed one!

If you are going to let it scream all day b/c it is bored, and yell at it occasionally to shut up....don't breed one!

If you are not going to take care of it, get it medical attention, spay or neuter it....don't breed one!

Don't be a dumbass!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:58 pm 

Wow...well said ! Lets make a new rule here talking about dogs,it will cover alot of the house's this goes on at. If you are on Welfare you can NOT own a pet. Because you are not capable of taking care of your own ass,so how in the hell are you able to properly care for a pet ? Simple ! NO PET'S I own 2 dogs and know what it cost ! I see Scummer's walking the town with $1000 dogs ! Where the hell do they get the money to buy them ? So we don't take anybody's rights away here they can now go to the SPCA and and spend time with the dog's and cat's and see how to properly care for a pet. Just a thought... :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:14 pm 

Don't sell someone on welfare, cause if it shits on the floor, they will want a new one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:43 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Hotrod, It's my belief that people on public assistance should not be allowed own pets. All too often in Bradford, people own pets before all their (human) children are cared for properly. I've seen a case where they bought exotic pet food over fresh baby diapers!

Lab- first of all welcome aboard!

Second, some people aren't bothered by a little pet poop on the floor! And this may be an understatement in some cases!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:56 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Yes! A resounding yes! People on public assistance should as a condition of taking our money, not be legally allowed to own a pet, This would seem to be common sense as someone pointed out here earlier. Are shelters permitted to give a pet to those on assistance? They are in a position to play a role in controlling this, keep a database of those who take pets repeatedly then bring them back? People on public assistance should be limited to how many children they can have, people on public assistance should be required to take an initial and random drug screenings to maintain their assistance, people on public assistance should be required to do a minimum amount of public service in exchange for their assistance, trash pick up etc. I could go on...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:14 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

People on public assistance should not have 2nd amendment rights. People on public assistance should not be permitted to own real estate. People on public assistance should not have internet access. People on public assistance should not be permitted to have cable or satellite TV. The most important rule should be ---------------People should not be permitted to be on public assistance if they have a relative who is NOT on public assistance.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:09 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I like it, anyone care to add to this?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:11 am 

I know there are some people who should be on assistance, but once someone who is 21 yo and and getting welfare, there is no incentive to better themselves. Let's face it, we are a lazy society and getting lazier because these young people who are on assistance are raising kids and showing them nothing, but to suck the government dry. They think it's ENTITLEMENT! I bet all those kids being pushed in buggies up and down Main St. will be pushing their kids in 18 yrs or less, drinking Mt. Dew, talking on their cell phone, or better yet, driving a car that welfare bought them or helped them buy and still make payments at a "BUY HERE, PAY HERE" that we are paying for. Then if something goes wrong, they will whine and cry to welfare that it broke down and get another one, while I drive my car that I paid for, working 2 jobs.

I could go on and on and one, just like many on this board. But I need to go to work today so I can provide for those who abuse the system .. Happy Friday to us who work, there is no Friday for those on welfare, everyday is Friday!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:04 am 
Novice
Novice

Remember when this country waged a war on poverty? I don't think the father of that idea ever intended for that to become a war on the poor.

My family was on public assistance when I grew up. My dad was injured and couldn't work. My stay at home mom went out and got a job as a cashier. It didn't bring in enough money to care for the entire family. We got public assistance. We shopped with food stamps. I got free lunches at school.

Taking away my father's guns wouldn't have any good results. Taking away our car and our house wouldn't have any good results. Taking away my dog and two cats wouldn't have had any good results. We didn't have cable because we lived too far out in the sticks. Our house was not nice, but it was home. The paint was peeling and many people on this forum probably would have called code enforcement on us because we couldn't afford to paint it. Even if we could, my dad was in a wheelchair, my mom worked full time, and I was 7 years old. My brother was a bit older. I'm sure us kids could have painted it, but just image the outcome of a house painted by a 7 and 11 year old.

What I am trying to say here is that the majority of people you see walking around downtown don't make up the majority of people on public assistance. Watch the cash registers in any store. Look at the people who use their access cards. Most are well dressed working parents. They aren't buying load of junk food, candy and pop. They are buying nutritional food for their families. These are good people who are trying hard every day.

Mitt Romney's father received public assistance. Barack Obama's mother received public assistance. These two people and many more have given more back than they ever took.

What really shocks me is the 2nd amendment comment. After all of the recent gun discussion, nobody has an issue with stripping another american of their civil rights? A large number of you recently argued in favor of those rights. The 2nd amendment was flying around here like flies in a reliefer's house. Now you think those rights should be conditional based on a persons status and rank in society. You want to strip the poor of their constitutional rights as a citizen of this great country? I thought Adolf Hitler committed suicide. He must have been reincarnated right here in Bradford.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:41 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

It's not just people on welfare, I know quite a few houses where the people have good jobs aren't on assistance and are still jagoffs and leave their dogs outside to bark incessantly all day.