It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Bridge to Nowhere- Revisited!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:55 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

zenrider wrote:
I was walking and when I came to the hydrant I did not find it confusing at all. I peed on it and moved on.

..... I'm really hoping that those really expensive rocks stood up at each end were intended for us to go "number two" behind! If not .... I must apologize to the tourists and visiting hikers who came to Bradford to use that bridge! Oh, and any and all space travelers. Even you "colored people" from Klingon!

Shadow, good post as always! Once again you have one of the better posts in a long time! ..... Perhaps another "post of the month".

Whodude, have you fished off this bridge yet? What month do the suckers run? The boots, carts and kids toys seem to be in that stretch of the river year round! Either the OECD or Linda Devlin need to post a chart of what is legal to keep and what you must throw back! I believe that section is a "special regulations" area. Hand guns used in drug deals gone bad must be thrown back, but long guns with over an 18" barrel length, you can keep ...... or something like that ......!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:24 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:
I must apologize to the tourists and visiting hikers who came to Bradford to use that bridge! Oh, and any and all space travelers. Even you "colored people" from Klingon!

LOL, surely you jest stony. Don't you mean colored people from "Kronos"?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:44 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I'm not a "Trekkie", but those photos are cool!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:11 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

S.C.U.M.M.E.R. Tax...What A GREAT Idea To Raise More $$$$$ For The "City Of Bradford" Tax Rolls.
Maybe This "New" Tax Could Be Used To Help "Fight The Blight" so "We The TAXPAYERS" won't have to pay for the $150,000 Bond the City Is going to float for 2 NEW Houses on the corner of Pearl & School Streets!
Plus Another $150,000 for Blight/Code Enforcement Issues!

From The Bradford Era Newspaper, Legal Notices, Friday, February, 1, 2013:
Quote:
LEGAL NOTICE
"NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. the officers of the Bradford City Council will act on an ordinance (of which this notice is the summary) authorizing the issuance of an awarding of its $150,000.00, principal amount, general obligation Note, at a private sale. If enacted, the ordinance will award the Note to the purchaser thereof, approve the form of the Note, fix the rate of interest to be paid, pledge the full faith and credit of the local government unit for the payment thereof, create a sinking fund and authorize the proper officers to take the necessary steps to issue the Note. The funds to be obtained from the borrowing will be used for the following purpose:
The construction of two single family homes in the City’s designated Elm Street (Project Pride) Neighborhood.
A copy of the full text of the proposed ordinance may be examined by any citizen in the City Clerk’s Office at 24 Kennedy Street, Bradford, Pennsylvania on any business day (except Saturdays and Sundays) between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., prevailing time.
Mark J. Hollenbeck City Solicitor"

LEGAL NOTICE
"NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. the officers of the Bradford City Council will act on an ordinance (of which this notice is the summary) authorizing the issuance of an awarding of its $150,000.00, principal amount, general obligation Note, at a private sale. If enacted, the ordinance will award the Note to the purchaser thereof, approve the form of the Note, fix the rate of interest to be paid, pledge the full faith and credit of the local government unit for the payment thereof, create a sinking fund and authorize the proper officers to take the necessary steps to issue the Note. The funds to be obtained from the borrowing will be used for the following purpose:
To undertake the demolition of blighted properties in the City of Bradford.
A copy of the full text of the proposed ordinance may be examined by any citizen in the City Clerk’s Office at 24 Kennedy Street, Bradford, Pennsylvania on any business day (except Saturdays and Sundays) between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., prevailing time.
Mark J. Hollenbeck City Solicitor"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:39 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Great post trailguy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:43 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Anybody Hear ANYTHING More On The "Historic Pine Street Revitalization" Project? The City of Bradford Council & The OECD Seems To Be More Focused On The "Newberry Commons" Project Right Now! WHAS UP??????

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:08 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Trailguy, Pine Street is awfully short! What more needs to be done there? Isn't Pine Street about as good as it can get?

As far as the "Bridge to Nowhere"... we gotta stop calling it that if it is indeed a Star Trek Transporter Unit that may be able to transport us to ANYWHERE in the universe!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:48 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony, I think it may be a real transporter, but it don't transport people, but money. It makes money disappear into the unknown bowels of space. LOL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:45 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Good one Neo!

Yep, a "money transporter" ..... transporting tax dollars from the masses, into the pockets of a few!

You nailed it!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:24 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

There is a facebook page called "I Grew Up In Bradford". It's a great page.

There was a photo of the old Pine Street walking bridge on it. And discussion about this bridge being called "The Kissing Bridge".

We were told that the new design bridge would reflect aspects of the old bridge .... and they nailed it!

The resemblance is uncanny:

Attachment:
btn1.jpg
btn1.jpg [ 107.42 KiB | Viewed 1382 times ]

Attachment:
btn6.jpg
btn6.jpg [ 105.16 KiB | Viewed 1382 times ]

Attachment:
kissing bridge.jpg
kissing bridge.jpg [ 70.16 KiB | Viewed 1382 times ]

Amazing! They are identical in so many ways!

"Kissing Bridge" ..... I like that!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:26 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Quote:
"Kissing Bridge" ..... I like that!

I would think it would be more aptly named the "Kiss My Ass Bridge" in that that's literally what city council said to the taxpayers when they protested the amount of money spent to build it.

Perhaps the ice rink could be named the "Even Bigger KMA Ice Facility" due to the money spent for it and the general taxpayer opinion of that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:24 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Don't forget the city took out the 5.2 MILLION dollar bond loan. Citizen I think its time to show the pic of the drunken sailor again.