It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bridge to Nowhere- Revisited!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:30 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I thought that rock was just there to block the walkway until the bridge was opened. What a clusterf**k! I think a school vo-tech program could have come up with a more cohesive design.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:48 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

citizen wrote:
I thought that rock was just there to block the walkway until the bridge was opened. What a clusterf**k!

I just figgered out what those obtrusive rocks are for! Oh, besides holding a plaque honoring somebody for something. I believe they are "muggers rocks". A perfect hiding place for muggers who want to attack or rob those foolish enough to use the bridge at night! Muggers, rapists, .... oh and cover for the shooters in the neighborhood! With one conveniently located on each side of the bridge, they can have a shoot out across the bridge!

Somebody pointed out that that trail is supposed to be for pedestrians, hikers, and BIKERS! How the heck do they expect a biker to ride over that bridge with those rocks there .... they rocks and the fire hydrant?

Wonder if they consulted with the local bike club on the design .... prolly not! Not very cycle friendly if you ask me!

When is the ribbon cutting?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:00 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote; "I just figgered out what those obtrusive rocks are for! With one conveniently located on each side of the bridge, they can have a shoot out across the bridge!" LOL!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:18 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

If they made handicap access on Stony's "forgotten bridge" how come not here? Isn't there some statute at if you spend more than 30% on a remodel, there HAS to be handicap access? Am I missing something?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:04 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Guitar wrote:
If they made handicap access on Stony's "forgotten bridge" how come not here? Isn't there some statute at if you spend more than 30% on a remodel, there HAS to be handicap access? Am I missing something?

The handicap access is there. It's the blacktop path that winds around and joins the bridge at the top of the stairs near the big, obtrusive rocks.

It could be the city knows that there will be more and more shootings down near that part of town as the drug dealing becomes more and more widespread and aggressive, and are providing the large standing rocks for cover for innocent bystanders.

If that is the case, congrats to those in charge for such forethought and for protecting us citizens!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:07 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Ah, back to the "Bridge to Nowhere" .....

Did anybody else but me notice that the lighting on the bridge looks very much like the transporter from Star Trek?

What is it, a handful of transistors, resistors, capacitors, diodes, and some wire from being a fully operational transporter?

Perhaps somebody should stand on the bridge and try saying "beam me up Scottie" and see what happens!

WAIT!

Make sure you tell somebody where you are, and what you are doing first! We have no idea where it might transport you to, or even if you can get back to Bradford (AS IF!).

Who's first?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:21 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Quote:
Who's first?

How about you? It's YOUR idea!

And I always thought that bridge looked more Roman, or Spanish Modern that Chinese, as you claim.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:46 am 
Novice
Novice

Nice work, Stony. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:04 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Guitar wrote:
Quote:
Who's first?

How about you? It's YOUR idea!

No way! Only God, Captain Kirk, and a few over at the OECD may know where the other end of the transporter is ..... !

IF it is indeed a Star Trek Transporter unit, I can see how they can justify the extremely high price tag for the dam bridge! It could turn out to be a great asset for Bradford after all ...... IF it can transport people, pets, and other stuff into space!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:46 pm 
Novice
Novice

I was walking and when I came to the hydrant I did not find it confusing at all. I peed on it and moved on.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:26 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

zenrider wrote:
I was walking and when I came to the hydrant I did not find it confusing at all. I peed on it and moved on.

LOL!
Is it true that ppl who have jobs are not allowed to walk on the bridge without first paying the Society Caving Under Much More Entitled Residents tax? also known as the S.C.U.M.M.E.R tax?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:12 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next