It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Another Elvis In Town?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:58 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

What's with the guy at the corner of West Washington Street by Pizza Hut? Sometimes he's singing (or yelling) accompanied by his guitar and sometimes without it. Is he harmless, do you think?

Post subject: Re: Another Elvis In Town?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:20 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Saw the guy today. I thought he was involved in a domestic dispute with an older woman, then he turned around a bit and I saw he was holding a guitar.

I thought to myself, better a guitar than a AR-15 I guess. He would probably do less damage.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:27 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:
Saw the guy today. I thought he was involved in a domestic dispute with an older woman, then he turned around a bit and I saw he was holding a guitar.

I thought to myself, better a guitar than a AR-15 I guess. He would probably do less damage.

The EAR might not agree with you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:57 am 
Novice
Novice

Wish this guy would get a job, to me it is an embarrasment to this city to have this shit going on, maybe a disorderly conduct fine would help Backgrouud checks for guns and this idiot probably has an arsenal, take a break from Tasta and at least talk to this mentally challenged person.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:09 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

C5corvette wrote:
to me it is an embarrasment to this city to have this shit going on, take a break from Tasta and at least talk to this mentally challenged person.

Exactly C5! I was with somebody from out of town when I saw this guy and they said to me "why do you even want to live in Bradford with this stuff going on"?

But C5, the "deniers" only want to see the good things in Bradford like our great fishing opportunities and the Bridge to Nowhere. They don't see the mentally challenged taking over the streets and neighborhoods. So they won't deal with what they won't admit is a problem.

But to outsiders Bradford seems to be becoming an insane asylum without fences, gates, or boarders!

As far as the guitarist goes, I can speak to this as somewhat of an expert in the field...... There ARE many, many, people in town who play guitar who have mental issues! LOL! (No offense meant to any of my friends who play guitar and who's mental condition may not be exactly what one might call "normal"!)

I wish that just once, some of the deniers would stop denying that Bradford is full of tattoo covered, chain smoking, welfare recipients with "issues" and do something about them taking over the streets.

At least send them back indoors and out of the sight of visitors and tourists!

...... Before the Pizza Hut Troubadour trades his guitar in for a gun, a chainsaw, a hammer, or a sword!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:05 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Yeah, how about that guy standing around Union Square all day dancing and waving to people while cross-dressing as a woman? LOL Looks a lot worse than Elvis 2. It's embarrassing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:26 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Neo wrote:
Yeah, how about that guy standing around Union Square all day dancing and waving to people while cross-dressing as a woman? LOL Looks a lot worse than Elvis 2. It's embarrassing.

Do You Mean the "Statue Of Liberty" Dude? He Is Advertising for "Liberty Tax" service in Union Square. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:53 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

I couldn't help but notice that lady liberty sure does go up and down in weight and height pretty often!

Some days she's short, some days she's tall, some days she's heavy, and some days she's small.

Neo, there are a lot of embarrassing people in this town, but the lady liberty guys are the least of our worries! Have you been here long enough to remember the "mini skirt guy"?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:35 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

trailguypa wrote:
Do You Mean the "Statue Of Liberty" Dude? He Is Advertising for "Liberty Tax" service in Union Square. :mrgreen:

I know and it's embarrassing.

Stony wrote:
I couldn't help but notice that lady liberty sure does go up and down in weight and height pretty often!

Ever notice how she's a "Dude" selling tax services? LOL

Stony wrote:
Neo, there are a lot of embarrassing people in this town, but the lady liberty guys are the least of our worries!

Yeah I agree, but I can't see how Elvis 2 looks any worse.

Stony wrote:
Have you been here long enough to remember the "mini skirt guy"?

Yeah, I do but I don't remember him/her performing or entertaining on the streets or standing around all day advertising for any businesses. He/she was just a citizen you would see going about his or her own personal business like everyone else.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:44 am 
Novice
Novice

WOW! What a thread. Haven't seen Elvis when I was in town but how do you know the police haven't already checked him out? How do you make the jump from "he's playing a guitar" to "he's going to get a gun"? Mentally challenged? Probably, but should all mentally challenged people be locked indoors and out of sight of the rest of us? Where I live we have facilities to train them to live as normal a life as possible. My old Jewel store employed several and they did everything from stocking shelves to running checkout lines. Several eventually went to work at WalMart because the benefits were better. They do an excellent job.

Next you attack someone who is making minimum wage dressing in a costume to advertise for a business. Guess you wouldn't care for the teenagers our nearby Culvers hires to dress as giant ice cream cones. But hey, just get them off the streets because we wouldn't want anyone to have a job that we wouldn't do ourselves.

Geez, people, lighten up. Sure, go ask the police about Elvis if you are concerned. I'd bet they know all about him and have assessed the threat.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:38 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

BornToRun wrote:
Next you attack someone who is making minimum wage dressing in a costume to advertise for a business. Guess you wouldn't care for the teenagers our nearby Culvers hires to dress as giant ice cream cones. But hey, just get them off the streets because we wouldn't want anyone to have a job that we wouldn't do ourselves.

I've got no problems with people dressing up in a costume to advertise a business. Absolutely no problem with that. What I take exception to is the choice of costume here. It's a disgrace to Lady Liberty and an embarrassing depiction of a great American icon. Obviously with the degradation of American values, a symbol like the Statue of Liberty becomes meaningless and open for desecration and nobody cares, or even knows.

And for the record, I wouldn't do that job for the same reason I wouldn't shit on the flag. Caallll me patriotic. LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:54 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Neo hit the nail right on the head. For many coming to America, the "Statue of Liberty" is more of the symbol of America, and everything that makes us great, than the flag.

It seems like a shameless insult to use it as a marketing scheme for a temporary, transient business.

I'm all for them hiring Bradford residents to bark for them, or to hold signs, but not degrading the symbol of America for profit.