It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dont have to worry about the feds taking guns, states wi
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:29 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I would have to say that the reason most "hunting" rifles don't have a pistol grip is tradition. They try to make an elegant, classy looking piece, often with engravings and other swoopy lines. The full on pistol grip doesn't fit with that. It's hard to argue this with people of limited brain capacity though. They see something that happens to aid in the control and stability and think "OMFG ARMY!!! MILITARY!!"

When has the military ever considered the "looks" of a tool to be more important than the function? Judging by the inside of the Navy ships I would have to say never. They are simply looking for the most easily controlled and maneuvered device possible even if it means it looks hideous. I know that the single shot Anschütz rifle I used on the junior rifle team was pretty impractical for killing anything, but it had a pistol grip to aid in comfort and control.

What might THIS terrifying looking thing be? Please only answer if you are a reactionary with no grasp on reality.

Hmmm pistol grip, scary looking adjustable stock, loads of sharp edges, precision peep sight system. Clearly this machine is intended for nothing but mass shooting rampages!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:14 am 
Novice
Novice

zenrider wrote:
As for fireworks, we were unable to draw a parallel between our right to own firearms and our right to own fireworks. I don't think we can associate those items further.

So, you have no problem with PA exporting something that is too dangerous for PA residents to have?

You do have a problem with NY exporting something that is too dangerous for NY residents to have?

I will actually use your words .... So let me understand. You are completely good with divorcing logic from the idea that a firework that is considered too dangerous for society can still be sold freely by those same folks that cannot be trusted with it? Sorry bud, but these laws are for the same purpose. Plus, to add insult to injury, PA knowingly exports those fireworks into states where they are not legal. This is not about the 2nd ammendment. There is no hiding behind the 2nd ammendment. The 2nd ammendment has no bearing on the geographical location into which firearms or magazines (which are NOT firearms) can be traded or sold. This, just as your arguement, has nothing to do with the 2nd ammendment. It has everything to do with a state freely exporting a good that they feel is too dangerous for their residents to possess or use. When PA did it, you had no issues. When NY did it, you jumped to find fault. When you were questioned, you did what every gun nut does - you just ran and hid behind the 2nd Ammendment. The question has now been asked multiple times and you still have not answered it. Please, feel free to continue avoiding and hiding. As long as you gun nuts keep hiding behind the 2nd Ammendment, the ultra-liberal left will keep attacking, slowly chipping away at the 2nd Ammendment - not because they have issues with the 2nd Ammendment, but because they are after you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:37 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

EXACTLY RIGHT! The left's main objective is to eliminate all opposition. The second amendment enables Americans to defend themselves from such tyranny. We are not "hiding" behind the second amendment......we are DEFENDING it against those who seek to subjugate us. As long as these extremist statists attempt to rule us instead of govern us under the Constitution, they will find millions of armed, patriotic Americans standing their ground, demanding they restrain themselves to only the powers granted them under the Constitution. In other words, the government is accountable to the American people, not the other way around. That is what the founders clearly intended in the Bill of Rights.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:06 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Quote:
zenrider wrote:
unionman wrote:
If the features are in fact "cosmetic", then it shouldn't matter if they are there or not. Remove the cosmetic features and you no longer have a AR-15, but instead a regular .223 semi-automatic rifle. Doesn't seem like to much of a big deal .... if the features that make it an assault rifle are removed, you still have the same gun without a bunch of flashy cosmetic stuff that gets in the way.
And there you have it folks. It doesn't matter. You still have the same gun. And now that we all know that, what possible reason could there be to not go ahead and eliminate that gun also? It will be next. It will do nothing to protect us to eliminate one feature at a time and one gun at a time and one bullet at a time. The final solution equals zero. Failing to admit that is like ignoring a tumor that has already been diagnosed.

Think EVERYONE Should Just CALM DOWN for a Minute or Two...
and then Read This (Bartley-Fox Act [Massachusetts April, 1974] Strengthens Gun Laws In The Bay State) Article:
http://www.massnews.com/2002.../10.../1002_mn_gun_law_felons.shtml
..."The Bartley-Fox gun law, which became effective in April 1975, made the illicit carrying of a firearm punishable with a 1-year mandatory prison term. The legislation was targeted against those persons who carried guns as a matter of lifestyle without specific criminal purposes in mind and was highly publicized for 2 months prior to its implementation..."
..."Evidently, the statute prevented some individuals from carrying and using their firearms, but did not stop them from becoming involved in assaultive situations and resorting to other weapons." ..."Finally, the law reduced gun homicides with no increase in nongun homicides. In the assault analysis where the effects were most pronounced, the decline in gun assaults in Boston started 1 month prior to the effective date of the law. This suggests that the gun law may have achieved its impact primarily through its announced intent rather than actual implementation. Tables and 26 footnotes are included."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:59 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

tigereye wrote:
As long as these extremist statists attempt to rule us instead of govern us under the Constitution, they will find millions of armed, patriotic Americans standing their ground, demanding they restrain themselves to only the powers granted them under the Constitution.

LOL! Tiger, you and the other gun nuts crack me up!

It's the Republicans, who are working as pawns for the Corrupt Banking System, the Wall Street thieves, the Oil and Gas thugs, the Pharmaceuticals and Insurance industry as well as the large corporations who are controlling us!

Bush and Cheney drafted the Patriot Act.

Everyone I listed above are the ones who are conspiring to take our rights away!

They are pushing guns, ammo, and psychotropic drugs on America. Along with crazy violent video games, and violent, gory movies.

ANY sane person can see that is not a good mix!

Decent, law-abiding citizens can own guns along with reasonable gun laws.

We really do need to keep guns out of the crazies hands!
........... OR ELSE!

Did it dawn on any of you that THIS (gun politics) is just a distraction from the bigger picture?

Attachment:
Shreding our rights.jpg
Shreding our rights.jpg [ 53.7 KiB | Viewed 429 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:19 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I totally despise Bush and Cheney, but here we go again... BIDEN drafted the patriot act. They all work for the same team.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:43 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

And just where did obama get his campaign funds? Try "the Corrupt Banking System, the Wall Street thieves, the Oil and Gas thugs, the Pharmaceuticals and Insurance industry as well as the large corporations who are controlling us!" Except for me the banks aren't corrupt, wall street isn't full of thieves, oil and gas - well, I'll leave that one if you take out BIG oil and gas, and large corporations don't control us.

What's good for you isn't good for anyone else stony?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:44 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

ryanclose wrote:
I totally despise Bush and Cheney, but here we go again... BIDEN drafted the patriot act. They all work for the same team.

Quote:

Whatever Ryan .... You are missing the point!

BUSH signed it into law.

My point is that the conservative right wing nuts are silent when the oppression and tyranny comes from somebody with the Republican party title after their name!

"They" may very well be on the same side, but why no objection by the teabaggers when the Republicans deprive them of liberty and constitutional rights? Where is the outrage then?

I believe you need to fine tune who you think the true enemy really is.

EVEN IF Biden wrote the whole dam thing, word for word, it was BUSH who signed it into law!

RIGHT AFTER the biggest murder scheme on American soil (after the Indian massacre), and many people in this country believe that Bush and Cheney orchestrated the whole 9/11 thing!

The right wing was silent!

You are right that BOTH PARTIES protected (IS protecting) Bush and Cheney from being prosecuted for invading Iraq and murdering so many of their citizens for no good reason.

Al Gore did not take our guns. Nancy Polosi did not take our guns. Obama will not take our guns!

We should all be on the same side, hoping and praying that crazy people wigged out on psychotropic drugs don't get their hands on semi-auto pistols and assault rifles!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:49 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Flashback wrote:
Except for me the banks aren't corrupt, wall street isn't full of thieves, oil and gas - well, I'll leave that one if you take out BIG oil and gas, and large corporations don't control us.

Flash, you and I know the big banks and corporations give money to both sides. I hate the fact that Obama takes money like that. He's just as bad as the rest of them in that respect.

But what are you saying about the banks, wall street and corporations?

Who do you think is behind the "shadow government" that is controlling us? Who do you think the real enemy is?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:50 pm 
Novice
Novice

ryanclose wrote:

Quote:

Nope, Joe Biden drafted a patriot act in 1995. The Patriot act we know is based on that patriot act in the same way that the movie Unstoppable was based on the true CSX-8888 story.

Fox News (Glenn Beck) is the only main stream media network which claimed Biden was responsible for the USA PATRIOT Act. Most informed citizen know that this is not a good network to watch if you want facts.

A Vietnamese man who is a registered Republican played the key role in building the USA PATRIOT Act as we know it. Viet D. Dinh, former Assistant Attorney General created the legislation we know today.

http://www.nndb.com/people/273/000044141/

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/faculty/dinh-viet-d.cfm#

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viet_D._Dinh

Last edited by unionman on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:55 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Quote:
EVEN IF Biden wrote the whole dam thing, word for word, it was BUSH who signed it into law!

Right after the Congress voted overwhelmingly to adopt it.

In the House it passed with an overwhelming majority and the Senate voted for it 99-1.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:56 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

..... I'm bangin' my head on a brick wall!

Ok, Union ...... no matter WHO wrote it .... WHO signed it into law and why did we see no opposition from the right when this was signed into law, depriving us of our constitutional rights?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next