It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: The BioTurd Plant!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:19 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

OMG! Somebody tell me the article on the front page of Today's Bradford Era is a joke? SERIOUSLY?

AGAIN I have to ask "who is running this city"?

REALLY?

"They", the "powers that be" wait until the 11th hour to realize the BioMag plant may not work for us?

So, we just go with plan B ..... and that is .....?

Oh, no back up plan? No Alternative? No plan B?

Typical Bradford status quo "head up the ass" planning.

But how much of our tax dollars did they spend researching the BioMag project? Can we get that back?

Or was the Era article just a bad joke?

Post subject: Re: The BioTurd Plant!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:31 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

The BioMag plan is Plan B. Elected officials couldn't agree on the engineering firm's Plan A, so they just had to go on that wild goose chase with our dollars.

As far as I know, Plan A is still in place and still meets federal government standards.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:55 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

The Phantom wrote:
The BioMag plan is Plan B. Elected officials couldn't agree on the engineering firm's Plan A, so they just had to go on that wild goose chase with our dollars.

As far as I know, Plan A is still in place and still meets federal government standards.

With all due respect Phantom, perhaps you should go back and re-read the article. I did a few times. It seems to me, what I got from the Era article, is that nobody has any idea what direction they should head in.

You are right that the BioTurd plan was touted as a "better plan" than plan A. So the logical thing to do would be to default to plan A if plan B is a no-go.

BUT the question we citizens have to ask is why are they so confused as to what to do this late in the game?

They should have a list of viable plans by now. And the correct one should be obvious.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:49 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

:?: :?: :?:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:44 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I guess you can't expect elected officials that can't get their shit together to be able to treat it properly either.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:38 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Guitar wrote:
I guess you can't expect elected officials that can't get their shit together to be able to treat it properly either.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:49 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I believe the Biomag plant was significantly less expensive than plan A, but was only reluctantly considered by the sanitary authority. Some say it is being scrapped prematurely by raising doubt to its effectiveness, My take on it is that they cant feather as many nests locally if they go with it over the original plan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:46 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

The "Consolidation Dragon" LIVES! but at what Cost to us?
Maybe Chairman Hartle and his fellow Sanitary Authority board members can Ask the PA State DEP for "More TIME" to think of More OPTIONS like Something the DEP has Experience With...Just Saying. Does "Common Sense" Cost Too Much? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:18 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

The article in todays Era about a regional sewer authority seemed whitewashed to me (not to mention the misleading headline) and contained very few specifics, especially as to detailed statements from the public comment segment. It seems to me that there must be healthy profits to be made behind the scenes, when you look at the players involved, the power plays, the press whitewash, infighting over control, and the dirty dealings going on. Now we are steering away from Biomag, and assumably back towards the original 22 million dollar plus plan to boot, and this time around it looks like its not just those in Bradford city getting screwed, even though many of those with a stake in Bradford City, both politically and financially seem to have a lot of interest in Foster township, the only solvent township in the valley. coincidence...? Like i have been saying for years, many things related to the sewer here in the tuna valley stink, and its smelling worse everyday.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:42 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Citizen, Thank You and well said. At the work session on Thursday the subject we talked allot about was getting better press coverage so the taxpayers in Foster Township would be better informed on whats going on with the sewer. I hope to see things improving on our news coverage but only time will tell? But we need to keep this question in the forefront, who is really going to benefit from this consolidation? Citizen you're absolutely correct in your statement something really stinks here?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:28 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

It was the consolidation team from the COG that threw in the BIO project late in the game. Again, it was in the fall that the consolidation team had members of the authority travel to New England to tour the bio plants. Remember, the consolidation team was not completely assembled until Foster Township was on board with only John Sullivan and his felon buddy promoting consolidation to the township. Bottom line is that a Bio Plant would not be able to handle the amount of inflow from the valley. The bio process is more expensive in the long run and in my opinion it was only introduced to undermine current authority.