It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: A letter to the editor
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:59 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Attachment:
Apoll.jpg
Apoll.jpg [ 50.54 KiB | Viewed 876 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:03 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:
Attachment:
Apoll.jpg

As a Lifetime member of the NRA I support background checks for all purchases of firearms.

As a Lifetime member of the NRA I support preventing people with some mental illnesses from getting firearms.

As a Lifetime member of the NRA I support the already existing federal tracking of gun sales. Too bad the government can't track guns they control. We don't need another law on the books. Political pandering as usual.

As a Lifetime member of the NRA I do not support a ban on semiautomatic firearms. What would the cops carry? What would I do with my single action revolvers? Political pandering and a vast overreach.

As a Lifetime member of the NRA I do not support a ban on assault style weapons. This is what they did last time and it did nothing at all to stop crimes with guns. Why try something that failed other than to pander to the base?

As a Lifetime member of the NRA I do not support a ban on high capacity magazines. The public doesn't seem to be aware that NO recent incidence of firearm mass killings involved a high capacity magazine as defined by the government or any sane person. Why ban them then other than to pander to the base?

As a Lifetime member of the NRA I do not support a ban on on-line sale of ammunition. I purchase ammunition online, I'm a law abiding citizen. Guess who doesn't by ammunition online. That's right, the criminals that use firearms to commit crimes. Just another political pandering move.

As a Lifetime member of the NRA I support common sense and knowledge. Until the public gets the facts, not what the anti-gun nuts make up as they go, polls like that will continue to show only how in the dark the majority of the respondents is. Common sense and the contitution tell us that taking firearms away from law abiding citizens is NOT the way to stop gun violence.

By the way stony, Boehner is for most of what the poll you posted is for. Have the senate pass a bill and send it on over to the house. Oh wait, reid already said he won't propose a gun control bill because it would harm those democratic senators coming up for re-election. As soon as the senate stops blocking all of the legislation this country can be begin to heal from the damage they've done.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:28 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:
JeffT wrote:
Bull s--- they aren't trying to take the guns. NY just passed a law that just effectively made 85% of all handguns illegal. Turn them in, sell them out of state, or commit a class B felony by keeping them. The word "naive" mean anything to you?

AGAIN for you gun loons out there, especially JeffT,

NOBODY IS TAKING OUR GUNS AWAY.

85% of all handguns WERE NOT made illegal.

In NY they are adjusting the current limits on clip capacities of certain model guns. And they are making it harder for people who shouldn't have guns, to get ahold of guns.

The law is just for New Yorkers, NOT us, or NOT everybody in the country. So if you don't like the law, DON'T move to NY. It's that simple. OR if you already live in NY, vote in new Representatives who will overturn the law. It's that simple.

Right now, the majority of the people in that state want reasonable gun laws.

No, they don't. Change the channel from MSNBC and get some real news.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:52 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I have found the perfect a salt rifle for Stony!

http://www.bugasalt.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:42 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

JeffT wrote:
Change the channel from MSNBC and get some real news.

LOL!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:18 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:
In NY they are adjusting the current limits on clip capacities of certain model guns. And they are making it harder for people who shouldn't have guns, to get ahold of guns.

To help you in your gun knowledge, any firearm that takes a clip is capable of taking a clip of any size. Clips can be easily made or modified. What size clips were used at Columbine? What size at Sandy Hook? If your answer is anything above what the proposed clip limit put out by our president you would be wrong. So banning clips larger would do nothing to stop these heinous acts from happening. The only reason to ban large clips is political. Common sense, facts and sanity would lead you to calling BS on the gun-control nuts.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:09 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

back to the original purpose of the thread, apparently someone else doesn't appreciate what the new Era editor did.
http://www.bradfordnews.net/2013/01/tez-sez-1-17-13/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:22 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

And On Another "HOT" Issue:
http://reason.org/files/bae085fbc4efd06d7d547e8bc036ffdc.pdf

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10