It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: OMG! The END OF AMERICA!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:42 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Well, that is what I expect from the gun nuts!

But here is the list of proposals from the President:
The full list of executive actions provided by the White House includes:

1.Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2.Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3.Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4.Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5.Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6.Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7.Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8.Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9.Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10.Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11.Nominate an ATF director.
12.Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13.Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14.Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15.Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies
16.Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17.Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18.Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19.Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20.Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21.Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22.Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23.Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

Now , before you take your guns and march on Washington, sit back and remember what Bush and Cheney did to our country, our rights, and our constitution! Not to mention the economy!

Remember the Bush/Cheney Patriot Act!

Post subject: Re: OMG! The END OF AMERICA!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:37 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I see nothing particularly heinous in Obama's EOs.

Quote:

Also remember that Obama renewed and expanded upon it.
Also remember that he has taken drone use to a point where now it is used to kill American citizens never arrested, charged, or convicted of a crime.
Bush and Cheney were pikers compared to Obama and human rights.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:43 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

obama and holder are real experts on arms and ammo aren't they? All of these EXPERTS don't have a clue!!! They can pass all the laws they want to and it won't stop anyone that wants to kill someone. Society has changed so much in the last 20 years. How many children know who or where their parents are? How many are left to live on their own? The people of America have allowed all of these changes to take place(being politically correct). Putting obama,holder and dummy joe in charge of gun control is the worse thing that could happen. Why don't they clean up their own back yard(fast and furious)?Lets throw all of them out! They don't know how we live and they don't care! Society is better off not knowing who is armed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:27 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Let's take this step by step and see what we get. The easiest ones first.
Stony wrote:
Well, that is what I expect from the gun nuts!
Typical name calling expected from stony.

But here is the list of proposals from the President:
The full list of executive actions provided by the White House includes:

Quote:
1.Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
What, specifically, relevant data? Data like the numerous studies and reports that show the ban of assault weapons did not previously nor will this time decrease gun crimes?
Quote:
2.Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
Patient privacy ignored? I agree that nuts such as stony probably shouldn't have access to a firearm but I defend his right to it. Mental health is what this one is about on the surface but without specification it includes ALL medical information.
Quote:
3.Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
Yep, threats of withholding grants & other federal taxpayer monies given to states.
Quote:
4.Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
Define dangerous. If I'm defending myself or loved ones I'm dangerous.
Quote:
5.Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
I'm OK with this one as long as the confiscation of the weapon in question is only done in conjunction with an investgation of a crime committed by the owner of the gun. If a gun is stolen then recovered it should be returned to the owner without another background check.
Quote:
6.Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
I'm OK with this one. I would have no problem with having to go through a licensed dealer to sell a firearm to another person as long as there are no fees to me.
Quote:
7.Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
Already have the best one available that needs no improvement - just go with the NRA's program.
Quote:
8.Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
Why? Guns in safes used properly aren't stolen, aren't used in crimes, etc.
Quote:
9.Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
Already on the books. Fodder for the base.
Quote:
10.Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
As long as it isn't first redacted to not show the fact that assault style weapons are used in a miniscule amount of crimes.
Quote:
11.Nominate an ATF director.
A reminder to do his job? Maybe he can also remind Harry Reid that by LAW the senate is required to pass a budget, each and every year.
Quote:
12.Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
Police and first responders already have this. I've been through the training and along with several other more qualified people helped point out that just one civilian carrying a firearm could have stopped more killing than waiting for the cops to show up to mop up the mess.
Quote:
13.Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
Start by actually deporting those that commit crimes that are not legally in our country. Then move on to NOT going after legal owners of guns. Oh, then remind everyone that prevent gun violence you don't take them from law abiding gun owners, you take them from the criminals.
Quote:
14.Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
Didn't like the last report you asked for mr. president? You know, the one that said race played a larger part in gun violence than the type of guns. The one that said that an ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines would do almost nothing to curb deaths from guns.
Quote:
15.Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies
Won't stop gun violence in any way. The products are already out there, they work very well, every law abiding gun owner at least knows about them, most use them. Criminals don't use them though.
Quote:
16.Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
Doctor's asking patients about guns in their homes was already struck down as un-constitutional.
Quote:
17.Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
Wrong. His own flagship law does.
Quote:
18.Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
Might work if we actually had any more money to give.
Quote:
19.Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
As long as it doesn't include cower under your desk while people are being killed because the cops are 10 minutes away.
Quote:
20.Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
Focus.
Quote:
21.Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
Again, focus. This is about guns. Sneaking in a reminder to do your job is good for you, troubling for those of us that expect you to do your job.
Quote:
22.Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
Commit to doing your job?
Quote:
23.Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
Notice he didn't say in regards to gun violence.

Quote:
Now , before you take your guns and march on Washington, sit back and remember what Bush and Cheney did to our country, our rights, and our constitution! Not to mention the economy!

Oops, it was neither bush nor cheney that wrote the patriot act, a bi-partisan law passed by congress with almost unanimous support, continuing today, from democrats. The votes for it are public record. The bills brought up to curtail it are much greater from the republican side than the democrat side.

Too easy. The president's actions today were nothing more than political bullshit. He is trying to act without real discussion, used the topic of gun control to sneak in a couple of other things, pointed out that he isn't doing his job (Is he really that stupid to do that? It would seem so.), and made not one single suggestion that would curb gun violence.

BTW - The white house has just upped the requirements for number of signatures by a factor of 4 to get a response to a petition. They will not be responding to any petitions filed since the election in November. Of course except the petitions the white house likes.

This just released....New game out from the left. It is called ‘Bullet to the Head of the NRA’. In it you target and shoot Wayne LaPierre. Doubtful you'll hear any call for civility from obama or the left because of this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:01 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Quote:

Months before the Oklahoma City bombing took place, Biden introduced another bill called the Omnibus Counterterrorism Act of 1995. It previewed the 2001 Patriot Act by allowing secret evidence to be used in prosecutions, expanding the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and wiretap laws, creating a new federal crime of “terrorism” that could be invoked based on political beliefs, permitting the U.S. military to be used in civilian law enforcement, and allowing permanent detention of non-U.S. citizens without judicial review.* The Center for National Security Studies said the bill would erode “constitutional and statutory due process protections” and would “authorize the Justice Department to pick and choose crimes to investigate and prosecute based on political beliefs and associations.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:44 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

OOps! I was wrong when I titled this post! Turns out Obamas new gun laws won't be the end of our country. At the most they are a minor inconvenience for regular, honest, law abiding citizens. Only criminals, nut jobs, and the NRA are upset about the new laws.

Ryan, I'll say two things about your above post.

One, the "Americans" that our government wants to detain and question, are "Americans" that they suspect or have evidence on who are involved in terrorism against our country.

Two, a few years back, right here in PA "the government" was watching regular citizens who were described as "environmentalists" who were simply asking that our constitutional rights to clean air, water and land were protected. Where were these vocal Republicans and NRA types when that was going on?

Loosing our land, air, and water is a much more real threat than the boogie man collecting our guns.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:56 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Attachment:
Apoll.jpg
Apoll.jpg [ 50.54 KiB | Viewed 822 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:13 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I was and still am pretty vocal about the environment.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:35 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:
Attachment:
Apoll.jpg

Isn't going through every single thread and posting this trolling?

Second, I'm getting kind of tired of being called either a criminal, or nut job because I believe in my 2nd amendment rights.

Can you act like an adult or should we all treat you like a child and ignore you?

Weren't tactics like this by other users moderated not too long ago?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:57 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

JeffT, this poll is relevent to each conversation I posted it to.

Some people may just read one particular thread.

Read what I wrote. I didn't call every gun owner a nut.

I said that nuts and criminals wont like the new proposed laws. They wont.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:28 pm 
Novice
Novice

A quick visit to the Pew Research Center shows exactly they type of topics they are interested in poling. And all of their results on the various topics support left leaning positions.

Go to some of these news reports where the MSM spins the living hell out of a story to tell us all just what our politically correct opinion or reaction should be. Then go down and read the comments of those that just received the message. There is little doubt that Americans are catching onto the fact that the news-o-tainment industry is having little sway on common man logic.

The broad reaching statements published about Obama's EO's are just sweeping generalizations of ideas that sound palatable to many. Those simple statements don't really have to agree very closely to long detail that will actually appear in the orders.

I think we could probably increase our efforts in the mental health area. But I don't see that Doctors should be reporting every man or woman that comes to talk to them about how messy their divorce is getting or how helpless they feel since their wife or child passed away. We have a law for those "adjudicated" mentally deficient that may be harmful to themselves and others. To expand that to include every woman that came in crying because she can't control her 4 year old is probably not a great idea.

Nothing they did in NYS AWB ban will save a single life.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:51 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

BTW....in their haste to ramrod that dungheap of legislation through before the people had a chance to ponder its ramifications, they sort of forgot to exempt law enforcement officers from the 7 round limit! :oops: Check your local cop for his compliance with this law. :lol: