It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Dont have to worry about the feds taking guns, states will.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:30 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

New York screwed its residents, and rumblings in WV, hopefully we arent next. I cant believe they went after semi auto pistols. There you go Stony, you only have to move a couple of miles and your in gun control heaven. (go on up to one of the rough Buffalo hoods, and let me know how safe you feel! LOL! Those thugs up there certainly have turned turned in there guns by now :roll: ...) The gun shop over in NY that gleefully wouldnt even let me hold a Beretta that was 4 inches away under glass, w/o a NY permit (PA permit was no good) better get the salt and pepper out when they eat that thing! The PA shop where i eventually bought it had no such issue.

Post subject: Re: Dont have to worry about the feds taking guns, states wi
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:15 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

After what New York's Governor has done, we as Pa residents should treat New York as a "Hostile Foreign Country" and keep ourselves and our money out of that state.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:02 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

gunny wrote:
we as Pa residents should treat New York as a "Hostile Foreign Country".

So, using your logic, then wouldn't those who come here from NY be invaders?

Go ahead a shoot one of them .... see how that works out for you. You may get a medal for defending our state from a hostile foreign country ...... or, on the other hand ...........!

All the gun nuts and even my loony friends are ALL over reacting to this!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:19 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Yes, Stoney I own guns, But I'm not a nut and I'm not your friend.
Except in a combat situation, I have never shot anyone. Paper & plastic are good enough targets for me. But, I would not hesitate to defend myself or my loved ones.
The smart people coming here from NY will be the ones looking for a new place to live. The others are just others.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:32 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

gunny wrote:
Yes, Stoney I own guns, But I'm not a nut and I'm not your friend.
Except in a combat situation, I have never shot anyone. Paper & plastic are good enough targets for me. But, I would not hesitate to defend myself or my loved ones.
The smart people coming here from NY will be the ones looking for a new place to live. The others are just others.

Gunny, don't worry, I wasn't referring to you as a friend of mine.

I do however think the opinion you expressed about New York becoming a "hostile nation" because they choose to enact two, fairly reasonable additions to their gun laws is a bit overboard on the side of gun nuttery! Sorry to say that, but that is my humble opinion.

New York is not a hostile country, but rather a neighboring state that has slightly different gun laws than we do. (at this present moment!)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:12 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote; "New York is not a hostile country, but rather a neighboring state that has slightly different gun laws than we do."

'NEW YORK ENACTS THE STRICTEST GUN LAWS IN THE UNITED STATES' The article; http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01 ... e-details/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:31 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

New York has always had tough gun laws. How's that worked out for them? But I'll bet a lot of citizens, police, and others will be happy because they will now have to face armed criminals and nut cases who have only loaded 7 rounds in their 12 to 40 round magazines. It will make it so much less of a threat!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:57 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Guitar and Citizen, you both missed my point to Gunny.

FINE! I agree that NY has the strictest gun laws in the country ....... AGREED.

But that don't make them a "hostile nation" neighbor as Gunny said.

Actually, it probably makes them more of a gentler nation neighbor. Even pussies compared to Canada!

AND they have a year to "sell off" some of the weapons and magazines that are not allowed in their state. They are told to sell them "out of state" so we may very well be the beneficiary of their new rules.

As in "less banana clips for them, means more banana clips for us"!

Most of the newly banned stuff is "grandfathered" in, so that it only involves future, or new sales.

So you gonna tell me, you are gonna go break into somebodies home in NY because the owner may only shoot you seven times instead of ten or more?

Some of us are prepared to "take care of business" with just one round! Seven shots lets us take care of seven intruders! An eighth one will be beat to death with the stock!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:38 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Now there is no way to construe him viewing NY as a "hostile" nation as meaning he wants to shoot new yorkers coming over the border. He doesn't feel like being a "subject" in new york and he doesn't feel like contributing tax dollars to the new york nanny state. If anything, new yorkers coming over the border are fleeing the oppression like Ralph Brooks is. Just another example of hysterical leftist exaggeration to speak to the emotional types.

Quote:
So, using your logic, then wouldn't those who come here from NY be invaders?

Go ahead a shoot one of them .... see how that works out for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:01 pm 
Novice
Novice

Actually, NYS IS a hostile nation now. They have decided that the great citizens of NY are just deadly persons that are destined to suddenly unleash a major assault on anyone. Having semi-auto rifles and standard capacity magazines is too dangerous for the average man. They are death just waiting to be unleashed. NYS law makers are so certain that high capacity magazines have no place in society that they have banned them because they cause certain death.

But they have allowed their citizens to SELL them out of state during the next year. PAY ATTENTION!! Governor Cuomo has declared war on the other 49 states!! He is willing to export DEATH FOR SALE any where in the USA except in his own state. If he truely believed that these intruments of death are so dangerous that NO ONE should have them, why would he export death to his neighbors? Doesn't Cuomo care about OUR children? Does NY hate all the other states so badly that they are willing to ship DEATH MACHINES anywhere in the nation? Or does he perceive all citizens of every other state except his own to be responsible enough to possess these magazines with trust and confidence? Why are NY citizens so dangerously out of control? What is driving those maniacs that they cannot be trusted with that which they owned all these years?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:16 am 
Novice
Novice

Canada did this during prohibition. Alcohol was produced for export only. The majority of that export was to the USA.

PA currently does this with fireworks. Fireworks can only be sold to non-PA residents who agree to take them out of the state.

It is quite simple. NY doesn't want to take anything. That would be bad politics and certain political death. The cost associated with destroying these banned magazines would add to the operational cost of the already financially distressed state. It is much cheaper to let the citizens prove they are law abiding by following the law and getting rid of them on their own. Selling them to other states becomes someone elses problem.

I also find it very interesting that many of the concerns were that the government was going to take your guns. So far the laws passed in NY and the laws proposed in Washington DC do not take guns. With nobody taking your guns, why is everybody still upset?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:05 am 

unionman wrote:
I also find it very interesting that many of the concerns were that the government was going to take your guns. So far the laws passed in NY and the laws proposed in Washington DC do not take guns. With nobody taking your guns, why is everybody still upset?

Because their too stupid to know you can keep them. They think all semi-auto guns are banned and need turned in or sold out of state:

Quote:
**Bull s--- they aren't trying to take the guns. NY just passed a law that just effectively made 85% of all handguns illegal. Turn them in, sell them out of state, or commit a class B felony by keeping them. The word "naive" mean anything to you?

Yet you can own a Beretta, Ruger, Glock Or Hi-Point 9MM semi-auto handgun and get this, not on the list of weapons they prohibit from sale, so you'll still be able to buy them in the future after the law goes into effect.

Shit, a Ruger Mini-14 isn't on the list either, so I'm good. I don't even need to register it because it doesn't have a folding stock or a grenade launcher.

http://www.governor.ny.gov/2013/gun-reforms-faq

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next