It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: A letter to the editor
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:17 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Ok then build a nuke, troll....
Here's for the naysayers about how *wonderful* "gun control" is.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:14 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Perhaps we should ban guns in the military:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01 ... -2012?lite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:43 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Ryan, thank you for the facts. Crime, especially violent crime, increases when citizens are disarmed. I once read that in interviews with felons doing hard time, that "being shot" while committing a crime is their number one fear...not the police, not being sent to prison. So an armed citizenry is indeed a deterrent.

If, by giving up our guns, we and our families could all be made safe, I would gladly do it. But as you point out, it just doesn't work that way and history has proved it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:00 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Phantom, nobody but trolls like Ryan and the lunatic right wing extreme fringe of the tea party, is talking about anybody taking our guns away.

The talk MAY BE about possibly limiting the capacity of clips, and finding a way to limit gun access by those on psychotropic drugs.

I'm all for preventing druggies on psychotropic drugs getting their hands on guns.

Drugged out lunatics on drugs owning guns don't make us safer.

Letting those on certain prescription drugs have access to guns, only creates more potential villains we need to protect ourselves from!

And there ARE loons in this town on prescription drugs! Some who even have guns!
TRUST ME ON THAT!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:08 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I personally do not believe Ryan is a Troll, as a matter of fact i agree with him on at least 95% of his ideas, if not more. Most of those with roots in this area would agree with Ryan and I. If i had to guess at a ratio, i would say 85% are pro gun/anti gun control. How do you like those odds Stony?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:33 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I'm all for better care for the mentally ill... I would not even be against having to take a practical and knowledge based test like a drivers test or a hunters safety test to own a weapon. I AM against any form of registry and arbitrary nonsense like magazine capacity. Supposed the new NY law has a real gem... Mag capacity is limited to 7 rounds, but if your mag is a 10 round model you are only allowed to fill it to 7. Yes, some crook on his way to kill somebody is going to think "well golly, I better only put 7 in here so I don't get in trouble!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:
Phantom, nobody but trolls like Ryan and the lunatic right wing extreme fringe of the tea party, is talking about anybody taking our guns away.

The talk MAY BE about possibly limiting the capacity of clips, and finding a way to limit gun access by those on psychotropic drugs.

I'm all for preventing druggies on psychotropic drugs getting their hands on guns.

Drugged out lunatics on drugs owning guns don't make us safer.

Letting those on certain prescription drugs have access to guns, only creates more potential villains we need to protect ourselves from!

And there ARE loons in this town on prescription drugs! Some who even have guns!
TRUST ME ON THAT!

Bull s--- they aren't trying to take the guns. NY just passed a law that just effectively made 85% of all handguns illegal. Turn them in, sell them out of state, or commit a class B felony by keeping them. The word "naive" mean anything to you?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:55 am 
Novice
Novice

JeffT wrote:
Bull s--- they aren't trying to take the guns. NY just passed a law that just effectively made 85% of all handguns illegal. Turn them in, sell them out of state, or commit a class B felony by keeping them. The word "naive" mean anything to you?

I just quickly read through the news updates online. It appears that you can have a higher capacity clip, but you cannot keep more than 7 rounds in that clip. The information out there is very conflicting. We should wait until the actual law is available before jumping to conclusions.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:16 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

JeffT wrote:

AGAIN for you gun loons out there, especially JeffT,

NOBODY IS TAKING OUR GUNS AWAY.

85% of all handguns WERE NOT made illegal.

In NY they are adjusting the current limits on clip capacities of certain model guns. And they are making it harder for people who shouldn't have guns, to get ahold of guns.

The law is just for New Yorkers, NOT us, or NOT everybody in the country. So if you don't like the law, DON'T move to NY. It's that simple. OR if you already live in NY, vote in new Representatives who will overturn the law. It's that simple.

Right now, the majority of the people in that state want reasonable gun laws.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:25 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

citizen wrote:
I personally do not believe Ryan is a Troll, as a matter of fact i agree with him on at least 95% of his ideas, if not more.

Well good for you guys! Ain't you special.

But Ryan called me a troll for expressing my reasoned opinion.

I'm not "trolling" anybody.

I stand by my comment which was "IF you believe the second amendment grants us rights to arms to use against our own government when we feel the need to eliminate them, then we should be able to have the weapons that they have, including chemical, biological, and nuclear". I DO believe that.

I'm not a troll, Ryan is a troll for calling me a troll for expressing my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:31 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Here is a video of a guy like me on the left (troll by stony's definition) and a guy like stony on the right (troll by my definition). Not trying to get personal but the absurd talk about nuclear bombs and such, really? You're going to go out on a limb with that one? Once the 2nd amendment is lost or castrated it's likely we WON'T get it back. Your smart comments and moronic links to weapons of mass destruction are out of touch. Just watch the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H3R7Jvm6mnQ

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H3R7Jvm6mnQ[/youtube]

For some reason the youtube embedder is broken.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Great post Ryan, I was going to make the same point earlier, This guys suggestion that nukes would somehow apply here is totally asinine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next