It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sheriff Brad Mason (90+% on the side of the second amendment
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:27 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I just attended a speech followed by Q&A given by the Sheriff. He seems to be 90+% on the side of the second amendment. When asked if he would confiscate any weapons if ordered to do so, his reply was no. When asked if he would try and arrest federal agents acting against the constitution to confiscate weapons, his answer was YES! When asked about high capacity magazines, he seemed in favor of keeping but also mentioned finding a middle ground and something about "sovereign citizens". When asked about stronger mental health checks he gave a good explanation in favor of them. Other than the unclear answer regarding magazines I thought he did an excellent job!

Barring people with known mental disorders is something that I can agree with, especially if people WITHOUT the disorders were not prevented from owning small arms consistent with that of a normal military; as has been explained numerous times by the founding fathers.

Post subject: Re: Sheriff Brad Mason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:24 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Looks like he is not alone, Thank you Sheriff Mason. Lets hope all of our local law enforcement feels the same way. Here is a good quote from a Sheriff in this article; "Mack said there are some sheriffs throughout the country who haven’t been receptive to the CSPOA message." That, he blames on the possibility that they are afraid to lose out on the massive amount of Federal grant money that is doled out to law enforcement agencies throughout the Nation every year.

“I’ve told sheriffs throughout the country that they should stop taking this money,” Mack said. “It should be illegal and is certainly immoral. Sometimes, grants are given freely; and sometimes, they require some sort of compliance with the Federal government. But the same thing that we tell kids in stranger-danger classes applies: Sometimes, people handing things out freely are up to no good.”
I have suspected that our 'Mutual aid" deal between local agencies is mandated by these grants, and many of our local angencies sucking from the Federal teat are drunk on this money... http://personalliberty.com/2013/01/14/s ... -gun-grab/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:43 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I like this quote, "I’ve told sheriffs throughout the country that they should stop taking this money,” Mack said. “It should be illegal and is certainly immoral." I wonder if Sheriff Mason, and how many other local law enforcement and first responders belong to this organization? I urge all of our emergency personell to join if they havent already...

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of current and formerly serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution

Our motto is "Not on our watch!"

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:24 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

go brad mason and the tea party. we need more people willing to ignor their superiors and neglect their duties for what they believe in. when he goes to over throw our government ive got his back. obama will not take our guns in mckean county. we have true patriots willing to ignore federal laws. go brad mason. guys like him are taking a hack saw to the chain of command. theres no telling how many laws he will ignore for what he feels is right. go brad the tea party is behind you all the way. tea party justice in mckean county.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:12 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I cant tell if there is some contempt hidden in this post or not. Am I reading something between the lines?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:27 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

After reading this whole tread, it sounds to me like Brad Mason has quite a few fans in this county.

Who doesn't like a renegade cop? Very Sheriff Arpio-esque!

I'm not often a fan of the Tea Party or all their politics, but I do hope if Obama ever does come to McKean County, that Brad Mason goes "all Tea Party on his ass", and arrests him for being an illegal alien!

He threw all us environmentalists and liberals under the bus way too many times! Throw his Kenyan ass in an American county jail! Put his ass in a cell with the miniture horse fu@ker!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:28 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I agree Resident Taxpayer... He just doesn't understand that if he simply follows orders he will be spared. Just like our dear prison guards at Auschwitz and Dachau. ;) Oh wait forgot about the Nuremberg Trials. Perhaps Mr. Mason prefers to be on the right side of history? And don't forget when our Lord and Savior gives his speech tomorrow, it's for the children.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:06 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

http://www.examiner.com/article/defiance-grows-as-elected-officials-refuse-to-enforce-new-gun-control

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:22 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Sheriff Mason may or may not have planned this move, but politically it most likely will ensure that he wins reelection.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:25 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Perhaps. Still no word from candidate Gustafson. *hint* I figure if I am expected to vote I expect to hear some detailed details on platform and a good Q&A session.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:49 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:47 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

I am not taking sides here, but I just wonder, besides these guys swearing to protect the constitution of the United States, don't they also pledge somehow to follow orders from their superior officers or those above them?

I absolutely doubt that "they" will ever collect guns in this county. I would bet my life on it. But IF they did and somebody like a sheriff refused to follow orders from above, wouldn't they just be immediately replaced by somebody who would?

So that these poor "objectors" would just be thrown in jail and we would still have our guns taken shortly after?

So their objections would only slow down the process by hours or perhaps minutes any how?

I really do respect somebody willing to lay their jobs, and perhaps their lives on the line for what they believe in! We definitely need more people like that!