It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: Main Street Building Owners Apartment Rentals
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:14 pm 
Novice
Novice

Flashback wrote:
Do we know that the baby buggy pushers, malingerers, etc. are tenants of said buildings?

Yes and yes! Just take the time to go downtown and see all the same folks and listen to a police scanner and hear the same addresses over and over. And this brings me to Stony's question as to who I think is responsible for rounding up these offenders. I would say Police first as they have to "babysit" these disrespectful a-holes on a constant basis. I say lock them up and throw away the key or give them a snow shovel right now to take care of their own sidewalks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:57 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Wolf, I was referring to the HUMAN Roaches!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:40 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Wolf wrote:
Flashback wrote:
Do we know that the baby buggy pushers, malingerers, etc. are tenants of said buildings?

Yes and yes! Just take the time to go downtown and see all the same folks and listen to a police scanner and hear the same addresses over and over. And this brings me to Stony's question as to who I think is responsible for rounding up these offenders. I would say Police first as they have to "babysit" these disrespectful a-holes on a constant basis. I say lock them up and throw away the key or give them a snow shovel right now to take care of their own sidewalks.

Just trying to get a handle on this...so if I, an upstanding citizen, were to live downtown, call the police to my address because of problems with malinger baby buggy pushers, who are then identified by the police over the radio, that would make me a malingering baby buggy pusher? Just because the police are called to an address doesn't mean the problem is with the tenant of that address. I don't disagree with you Wolf, I just don't know who lives where.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:17 pm 
Novice
Novice

gunny wrote:
Wolf, I was referring to the HUMAN Roaches!!!!!!

Oh yeah that kind too! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:22 pm 
Novice
Novice

Flashback wrote:
Wolf wrote:
Flashback wrote:

Just trying to get a handle on this...so if I, an upstanding citizen, were to live downtown.

There you go, an upstanding citizen doesn't usually live downtown because of the whole topic. :roll: :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:34 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Wolf wrote:
There you go, an upstanding citizen doesn't usually live downtown because of the whole topic. :roll: :wink:

Well, Bradford certainly has more that it's fair share of mutants in the downtown area. I really DO pity the poor, decent business owners who have to deal with it on a daily basis.

Here is my humble opinion.

Cameras may help identify suspects after a crime has been committed. A couple police officers walking patrol all day and night long downtown will restore normalcy.

Cameras and a constant police presence would be the ideal situation, but the police presence should be the first, and main deterrent.

Downtown Bradford really is a freak show. The "powers that be" really need to address that if anything is to change in Bradford.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I would rather live in a cardboard box under a train bridge than live in an apartment on Main street.
This isn't a big upscale city where its shabby chic to live in town. New York has Soho. Bradford has AzzHo.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:25 pm 
Novice
Novice

:lol:
Shadow wrote:
I would rather live in a cardboard box under a train bridge than live in an apartment on Main street.
This isn't a big upscale city where its shabby chic to live in town. New York has Soho. Bradford has AzzHo.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: EXACTLY!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:46 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

All it takes is one or two landlords to fix their apartments up, charge appropriate rents and you can turn the whole downtown around. Main St. used to be connected to the whole city, you have to work to make it that way again. Why let the ne'er-do-wells ruin it for you? Ruin it for them by confronting them when they do wrong, ruin it by patronizing the stores and establishments, ruin it for them by holding your own events.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:34 pm 
Novice
Novice

Flashback wrote:
All it takes is one or two landlords to fix their apartments up, charge appropriate rents and you can turn the whole downtown around. Main St. used to be connected to the whole city, you have to work to make it that way again. Why let the ne'er-do-wells ruin it for you? Ruin it for them by confronting them when they do wrong, ruin it by patronizing the stores and establishments, ruin it for them by holding your own events.

Well said!!! 8) 8) 8) Now let's find a way to get this done :?: :idea:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:01 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Shadow wrote:

BEST POST EVER!

Well, not really .... but it IS the best post of 2013 so far! It may very well end up the best post of the year!

Keep 'em coming, Shadow!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:54 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Thanks Stony, but that is WAY too much pressure! Random thoughts choose me, not the other way around!
I have heard that once, the downtown, over the store, apartments were really nice. They would be perfect for older people, couples just starting out, and singles. How to entice those types back? Maybe a mass "Apartment Fair"?