It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Downtown merchants speak out!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:05 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

None Ya wrote:
citizen wrote:
Commendable? Maybe... or maybe he figures he better help fix a problem that he contributes to. Also hes no dummy, if he can get the Mayor and police chief in his corner, then what is the likelyhood of a group of angry merchants and citizens running him out of town? In typical Bradford fashion, everybody denies there is a problem, admits there is a problem, but accuses someone else of causing it, discredits those who complain about said problem, comes up with an expensive and complicated fix for the problem that wont fix it, but may benefit someone else financially, or digs their heels in and refuses to take care of said problem, then only reluctantly agrees after higher powers intevene. Why is is so hard to get something done around here that should be common sense or standard procedure? Is it a battle of Egos? I dont understand. I also cant pat someone on the back for "stepping up" to clean up a mess that they made. I think the political smoke and mirrors are there so someone can deny there ever was a problem, and i stand by my opinion that cameras are not the answer.

Well you made my Point :D ---here is a guy Stepping up and you won't listen or give it a Chance! :arrow: it's your way or the Highway :mrgreen: A mind is a terrible thing to waste ! especially when it's Closed!!! :roll:

I don't think it's such a bad thing to have a belief in how to fix things and to stand by it. I like it when people stand by their convictions and don't crumple as soon as someone challenges them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:40 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Here is how they handle these problems in Erie.

The police just trample the kids constitutional rights.

Unruly teens keep police busy during CelebrateErie

Large groups of teenagers didn't do much to help celebrate Erie tonight.

The teens kept Erie police busy for three hours along State Street, from Fifth to Ninth Streets, during the first night of the four-day CelebrateErie.

Sgt. Theodore Wisniewski said that large groups of teens fought, swore and yelled during the course of the night. He described them as "out of control'' juveniles.

Wisniewski said seven to eight juveniles were taken into custody for disorderly conduct.

Imagine that!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:44 am 

Stony wrote:
Here is how they handle these problems in Erie.

The police just trample the kids constitutional rights.

Unruly teens keep police busy during CelebrateErie

Large groups of teenagers didn't do much to help celebrate Erie tonight.

The teens kept Erie police busy for three hours along State Street, from Fifth to Ninth Streets, during the first night of the four-day CelebrateErie.

Sgt. Theodore Wisniewski said that large groups of teens fought, swore and yelled during the course of the night. He described them as "out of control'' juveniles.

Wisniewski said seven to eight juveniles were taken into custody for disorderly conduct.

Imagine that!

When the wellies are yelling and cursing to each other on main st why can't our police get them for disorderly conduct? How is it any different? Both sides are disturbing the peace!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:28 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Here is a good opinion borrowed from elsewhere on the web concerning this issue; I would just like to add that my husband and I own a tattoo studio in town on South Ave.. I know a few have closed and honestly they should have been gone before they even opened. Our shop is a clean , quiet, professional environment. We do not have nor do we allow ppl to "hang" in or around our shop. We hold true to the idea that we are a business and our business is to provide those who wish to have it with clean, safe, professionally done body art. We do not try to gain customers by having a crowd hanging in and around the place, that is very unprofessional on the part of the shop owners that do allow it . This is not a circus, and ppl should not be afraid to walk past a tattoo shop. We feel that it is very unprofessional and bad business practice to have ppl hanging in and around the shop that are not there for business. It is sad that due to the actions of a few, we all must be judged. I dont know either party involved, but this person sounds rational and professional to me. Rumor had it that Main street guy was talking smack about this shop to city officials to take some heat off of him. That IMO is not the behavior of a professional. Bradford 2012, The "summer of scummers on main street" and "the tattoo wars"!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:26 pm 
Novice
Novice

citizen wrote:
Here is a good opinion borrowed from elsewhere on the web concerning this issue; I would just like to add that my husband and I own a tattoo studio in town on South Ave.. I know a few have closed and honestly they should have been gone before they even opened. Our shop is a clean , quiet, professional environment. We do not have nor do we allow ppl to "hang" in or around our shop. We hold true to the idea that we are a business and our business is to provide those who wish to have it with clean, safe, professionally done body art. We do not try to gain customers by having a crowd hanging in and around the place, that is very unprofessional on the part of the shop owners that do allow it . This is not a circus, and ppl should not be afraid to walk past a tattoo shop. We feel that it is very unprofessional and bad business practice to have ppl hanging in and around the shop that are not there for business. It is sad that due to the actions of a few, we all must be judged. I dont know either party involved, but this person sounds rational and professional to me. Rumor had it that Main street guy was talking smack about this shop to city officials to take some heat off of him. That IMO is not the behavior of a professional. Bradford 2012, The "summer of scummers on main street" and "the tattoo wars"!

Well!! Imagine that. Another rumor :lol: (Some folks never quit!!. They should be :oops: :oops: Go figure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:03 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Face it! Even in this day and age, a tattoo parlor still carries an unsavory stigma. I don't care how clean, how professional, only does religious tatts, etc,...... they still carry a bad rap. It's like saying a brothel is clean and professional. Ain't gonna float.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:20 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Time to bump this up again!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:55 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I wonder what the new city editor at the era thinks when he reads these post? He is working in the Main St. area on a daily basis. Welfare scum every where. Maybe if the property owners on Main St didn't have to compete with the OECD they could get better tenants.
I hope our new city editor knows that Mayor riel attempted to open an Adult Club across the street from Veterans Square. Main Street is still withering on the vine. The OECD doesn't have to pay the GROSS BUISNESS TAX on there GROSS rents like the private Main St. property owners do. In my opinion Main St. just keeps getting worse. We can all be thankful that it is cold outside and the mutants are inside keeping warm on tax dollars.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:51 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

landlord wrote:
I wonder what the new city editor at the era thinks when he reads these post?

He's been around this area (Marshburg) for a while, so I'm sure he is up to speed. And his wife, don't forget is at the Chamber of Commerce! They must know the true "Bradford Experience".

landlord wrote:
He is working in the Main St. area on a daily basis. Welfare scum every where.

Yea, but he probably stays indoors a lot! LOL!

landlord wrote:
Maybe if the property owners on Main St didn't have to compete with the OECD they could get better tenants.

Don't hold your breath! I doubt the OECD is going anywhere anytime soon.

landlord wrote:
I hope our new city editor knows that Mayor riel attempted to open an Adult Club across the street from Veterans Square.

Well, I don't know if a harmless "tittie bar" would have been worse for Bradford than several tattoo shops! If anybody has any doubts, I suggest hanging around the tattoo shops and then the "Gentleman's Club" in Salamanca and see who's patrons scare you the most.

"Club Bradford" may not have harmed Bradford any more than "the Bradford Club". I for one would have preferred to see a nudie club on Main Street instead of a tattoo parlor! ..... But that is just me.

landlord wrote:
Main Street is still withering on the vine.

You're just saying that because you are from FT and FT is doing so much better than we are!

landlord wrote:
The OECD doesn't have to pay the GROSS BUSINESS TAX on there GROSS rents like the private Main St. property owners do.

They may not have to pay a GROSS BUSINESS TAX, but they sure are a GROSS BUSINESS! lol! (No offense meant to my friends at the OECD!)

landlord wrote:
In my opinion Main St. just keeps getting worse. We can all be thankful that it is cold outside and the mutants are inside keeping warm on tax dollars.

They are still circulating out on the streets of Bradford! Seen not one, but two guys this past weekend trodding through knee deep snow in shorts and sneakers showing off their (presumably new) calf tattoos! I chit you not!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:41 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

what ever happened to if tom became mayer that there would be a nude club on every corner? the fire department really got that one wrong. could a nude club be any worse than the riddle house?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:28 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Shadow wrote:
It's like saying a brothel is clean and professional. Ain't gonna float.

Brothels in states that have legalized them are clean, professional businesses. The women working in them are regularly checked for health issues, have health insurance, retirement accounts, etc. They pay their taxes, regularly hold charity events and do a lot of good work in their areas donating not only time but woman power.

Puritanical bullshit only forms misinformed opinions.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:10 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Flashback wrote:
Shadow wrote:
It's like saying a brothel is clean and professional. Ain't gonna float.

Brothels in states that have legalized them are clean, professional businesses. The women working in them are regularly checked for health issues, have health insurance, retirement accounts, etc. They pay their taxes, regularly hold charity events and do a lot of good work in their areas donating not only time but woman power.

Puritanical bullshit only forms misinformed opinions.

Wow! you went and dug this out of the archives!
So you think prostitutes are clean and healthy? Hmmmm.....still would NOT want to see my daughter/sister/mother/grandmother in the business.
Ever hear of sloppy seconds? multiply that by 1,000, and have a go! Woman Power? a good education and a good job (that doesn't involve selling yourself) is empowering.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next