It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Main Street Building Owners Apartment Rentals
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:25 pm 
Novice
Novice

Why does it seem that most of the building owners on Main Street rent to such low lifes. I see it happening all over downtown while the businesses that occupy the storefront have to put up with this battle. Most, not all, owners rent the apartments out to "Walkers, baby buggy pushers, etc." people who show no respect for the businesses and people who try to shop there. I have seen people just hanging out, loitering, tossing their trash, swearing loudly, fighting with each other and people who try to shop at these businesses. I just don't get because there are plenty of low income rentals available and these apartments on Main Street could be cleaned up and rented to people with good references who will respect the property. Most respectable tenants will show total respect for the businesses and area that they occupy. It would be a win-win situation for everyone involved from the business owners, shoppers, tenants and building owners. The police may have a safer area to patrol too. Is an idea like this possible?

Post subject: Re: Main Street Building Owners Apartment Rentals
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:55 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Sounds like common sense to me Wolf...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:01 am 
Novice
Novice

citizen wrote:
Sounds like common sense to me Wolf...

That is what I thought too! Now do you think anybody who reads this thread can come up with a plan. Maybe the Mayor or Code? Anybody with some common sense? :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:40 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Wolf, be very careful what you say or you will be painted as some kind of nut job like Steve Cavallero, Kathy Obermeyer, Todd Hennard, Nancy Graham, Bob Onuffer, or those two crazy guys on Bradford Today by those running this city, who deny there are any problems on Main Street!

Besides, don't the kind of things you mention fall under the umbrella of the Main Street Managers job?

She is doing a fine job with Main Street, surly you are mistaken about your complaints.

rent the apartments out to "Walkers, baby buggy pushers, etc." people who show no respect for the businesses and people who try to shop there. I have seen people just hanging out, loitering, tossing their trash, swearing loudly, fighting with each other and people who try to shop at these businesses.

Are you trying to make Bradford look bad?

I've never seen a baby buggy on Main Street. I've never seen anybody hanging out in front of businesses. I've never seen anybody loiter. I've never heard anybody swear in Bradford! I've never had to pick up a single piece of trash on Main Street!

Where did you get this from? Have you been talking to Steve Cavallero, Kathy Obermeyer, Todd Hennard, Nancy Graham, or Bob Onuffer?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:52 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Quote:
Why does it seem that most of the building owners on Main Street rent to such low lifes. I see it happening all over downtown while the businesses that occupy the storefront have to put up with this battle. Most, not all, owners rent the apartments out to "Walkers, baby buggy pushers, etc." people who show no respect for the businesses and people who try to shop there. I have seen people just hanging out, loitering, tossing their trash, swearing loudly, fighting with each other and people who try to shop at these businesses

Don't worry Wolf, the mass infestation of roaches won't happen until late spring when the swarms leave their government subsidised overheated nests and rain havoc on Main Street Bradford.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:59 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

While i agree with this post, Stony, you just cant resist taking a jab at the Main Street manager? She controls tenants in apartments on Main street no more than you do on Euclid ave.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:04 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Wolf wrote:
Why does it seem that most of the building owners on Main Street rent to such low lifes. I see it happening all over downtown while the businesses that occupy the storefront have to put up with this battle. Most, not all, owners rent the apartments out to "Walkers, baby buggy pushers, etc." people who show no respect for the businesses and people who try to shop there. I have seen people just hanging out, loitering, tossing their trash, swearing loudly, fighting with each other and people who try to shop at these businesses.

Wolf, I will ask this of you, and whoever else in this city who reads this, who has a concern about scummers ruining or interfering with downtown business, or citizens just walking downtown.

Who's job do you think it is to fix this problem?

The Mayor? City Council? The City Manager? Chamber of Commerce? Main Street Manager? The Police? The OECD?

I know the correct answer, but I'd like to hear what others think.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:12 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

gunny wrote:
Don't worry Wolf, the mass infestation of roaches won't happen until late spring when the swarms leave their government subsidised overheated nests and rain havoc on Main Street Bradford.

Well, gunny, even in the dead of winter the heartiest of scummers seem to make it downtown somehow. Although their numbers are greatly reduced. Plus they smell better in the colder weather!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:19 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

citizen wrote:
While i agree with this post, Stony, you just cant resist taking a jab at the Main Street manager? She controls tenants in apartments on Main street no more than you do on Euclid ave.

Whatever!

I am not "taking a jab at the Main Street Manager".

However I do believe that it should be part of her job to address problems like ""Walkers, baby buggy pushers, etc." people who show no respect for the businesses and people who try to shop there. I have seen people just hanging out, loitering, tossing their trash, swearing loudly, fighting with each other and people who try to shop at these businesses."

I believe that part of the job of the Main Street Manager should be making Main Street and the Main Street businesses MORE appealing to potential shoppers.

If EVERYBODY who should be partially responsible for addressing these issues (ONCE THEY ACKNOWLEDGE THEM!) simply passes the buck and says "that ain't my job", the problems never get addressed. As is the situation we have now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:51 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

no body cares that main street is over run by releifers. it will always stink and have vulgar people just hanging out. just avoid it!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:17 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Do we know that the baby buggy pushers, malingerers, etc. are tenants of said buildings?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:07 pm 
Novice
Novice

gunny wrote:
Quote:
Why does it seem that most of the building owners on Main Street rent to such low lifes. I see it happening all over downtown while the businesses that occupy the storefront have to put up with this battle. Most, not all, owners rent the apartments out to "Walkers, baby buggy pushers, etc." people who show no respect for the businesses and people who try to shop there. I have seen people just hanging out, loitering, tossing their trash, swearing loudly, fighting with each other and people who try to shop at these businesses

From what I have been told, the infestations are there now. The tenants just keep taking them with them when they move from building to building.