It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: A letter to the editor
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:41 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Quote:
. Is our fearless leader now a liberal? I think i saw a sign supporting a Democrat.

Our leader is not fearless. He says he's scared of everything! LOL!!!

But he has ALWAYS claimed to be a Liberal and I think he always votes Democrat. I really see no flip-flop here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:54 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Guitar, i wasnt referring to Stony...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:01 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

citizen wrote:
Flashback wrote; "However, we can curb the number of deaths from mass shootings immediately. Allow more private citizens to carry guns. This has proven over and over to be the biggest deterrent to crime, to stop mass murders from killing as many people and save lives." I totally agree this statement.

We can do a little better than that, people should not have the choice, if you are not a convicted felon or a *card carrying mental case* then you should be required to carry a concealed weapon upon attaining the age of 18 and expected to use it in emergency situations. Weapon safety classes should be part of the high school curriculum.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:07 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I like it Bernie.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:39 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

We had some of that when I was in school. We had a rifle team that shot in competition that was part of the R.O.T.C. (Reserve Officers Training Corp) program. Gun safety and use were taught by qualified experts starting in the 9th grade. I went to school with only one mass killer that I know of. He wasn't part of the program. He DID play saxophone, though! Hmmm...I suppose we need to outlaw woodwind instruments now...... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:58 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

We also had a rifle club, no metal detectors, no school cops, etc. In fact Bradford rifle club members carried their .22 target rifles (with high powered scopes) in and out of school if i remember correctly. I think those rifles had a magazine that held a dozen or so shells as i remember. Not that unlike the feared "assault rifles" that the uneducated "Chicken Littles" are so afraid of.

Attachments:
Gun Paranoia.jpg
Gun Paranoia.jpg [ 27.61 KiB | Viewed 916 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:13 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Quote:
It is interesting to note that most people who want us to be unarmed in America, are either armed, have armed bodyguards, or work and live in environments surrounded by armed security. Even if you do not care to own a firearm, as an American, you should want law abiding citizens to retain the right to bear arms.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:22 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Where is the "Like" button?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:24 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

A growing controversy about this very topic involving another newspaper making a biased political statement... New York County denies request for names of gun permit holders http://news.yahoo.com/york-county-denie ... 56034.html

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:46 pm 

Heard there was a spirited editorial in yesterday's Era. Anyone have a copy of it to post?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:33 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Please call these people on Monday and help stop the NY State AWB... Once once state get's it there's a good chance more will follow. Don't let the tyrants get a foot in the door!

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO FIGHT THE NY BAN

SCOPE is sending this Alert to put all firearm owners on notice that the time to act is now. New York State has positioned itself to pass the most draconian gun laws in the nation. Governor Cuomo is pressing hard to push these bills through. Without a majority in the State Senate to block these measures; their passage is a very real possibility.
We are asking all members to forward all SCOPE communications to concerned citizens on their contact lists and ask them to contact their legislators. Time is short and the consequences of inaction are unacceptable.
These bills, with the Governor pushing for confiscation or a permit system for Modern Sporting Rifles, represent the biggest threats we have faced since 1968. You cannot relax if you do not own one of these rifles because they will divide and separate. Your firearms are next of their list if they succeed here.
SCOPE’S leadership, while representing thousands of firearm owners through individual memberships and clubs, cannot fight this battle alone. This is your call to action. Your participation is no guarantee that we will win this important fight to protect your Constitutional rights but we can say with certainty that anything short of overwhelming our legislators with calls, emails and letters we have virtually no chance. Truth is the only thing that really motivates most legislators is their next election and by contacting your legislators and letting them know that your vote depends on their support is crucial.
We are doing everything within our power to defend your rights, but remember we are an all-volunteer group and we need you to join us in these efforts.

Here is the ACTION PLAN

Forward this to your friends contacts and associates. Spread the word on Forums like NY Firearms with 6600 members or USA Carry with 45000 members or AR15.com with their 11,000 members etc Share on Face book etc. Pass this to at least 10 people that you know and plan to make some phone calls on Monday and Tuesday!

The Governors State of the State Speech planned for Wednesday January 9 at 1:30 PM.
Gun Owners, their families, friends and supporters of the Constitution need to invest a few minutes of their time and make some phone calls.
On Monday and/or Tuesday of this week, prior to the State of the State Address,
Call the Governor’s Office (518) 474-8390– AND LEAVE THIS MESSAGE:
"I am a law abiding, tax paying, voting, citizen of New York State and I strongly urge you not to impose any further restrictions, laws or regulations on my Second Amendment Rights as granted by the United States Constitution".

Then you call Senate Leader Skelos and Klein and leave the same message.
Then you call Assembly Leader Silver and leave the same message.
Please make these phone call messages to our ELECTED representatives. If the trunk lines into the capital become overloaded with call volume then so be it......this is the goal. WE MUST BE HEARD.

While waiting, you can also access their respective web sites and voice your concern through email message. Write the same message as above or add your own but be civil.

All phone numbers and links are listed below.

Governor at (518) 474-8390, then click the link to leave a message http://www.governor.ny.gov/contact/Gove ... ctForm.php
Senate Majority Co Leader Dean Skelos (518) 455-3171
http://www.nysenate.gov/senator/dean-g-skelos
Senate Majority Co Leader Sen. Jeffrey Klein, D-Bronx 518-455-3595
http://www.nysenate.gov/senator/jeffrey-d-klein/contact
and Sheldon Silver 518-455-3791
http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/Sheldon-Silver/contact/
Make plans now to call on Monday or Tuesday!
You should also forward this to every gun owner you know. Make them call too! Notify you clubs and organizations.
WE MUST STAND TOGETHER!

Read this article so you can understand what the power structure is this term.

Call these IDC members which include: Senators Diane Savino, David Valesky, David Carlucci, and Malcolm Smith. Jeff Klein is in the lead. He's working with Skelos as co-majority leader of sorts. These five along with our Republican friends are gun owners only hope.

Senators Diane Savino Phone: (518) 455-2437 email

Senator David Valesky Phone: (518)-455-2838 email

Senator David Carlucci Phone: 518-455-2991 email

Senator Malcolm Smith Phone: (518) 455-2701 email

Call your own Senator too. Use this tool to find your Rep

Remember that the first phoney AWB we currently have was Introduced, Voted for and Signed in ONE DAY!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:24 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Flatwater wrote:
Heard there was a spirited editorial in yesterday's Era. Anyone have a copy of it to post?

The "editorial" (AP) was something about not releasing names of lottery winners or something.

Or were you talking about that really spirited letter to the editor?

"Make House Numbers Legible"? That touched on a few hot button topics for sure!

Flatwater, what is your avatar supposed to be? I just can't figger it out?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next