It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: A letter to the editor
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:05 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

https://www.facebook.com/AmericansAgain ... ref=stream

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:22 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Ryan, how can you support a cause like this without putting yourself on a list?

It may be the government saying "anybody who opposes a weapons ban or gun legislation please raise your hand"!

Is there some kind of special award or honor to being one of the first ones in the camp? LOL!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:52 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

IDK, I know the Jews tried the whole "shut up and comply" thing... I would rather raise awareness. So put me on a list, it's better than being some castrated sissy doing as it's told by diane frankenstein.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:56 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

If those indeed are our only choices, then we are pretty much screwed. (Stony, you were probably the first one around to make it "onto a list"...)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:00 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

So.....would you rather be screwed and armed or screwed and disarmed? As for me...."from my cold, dead hands"..... 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:27 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

And how did the last 'assault weapons' ban work out? Not too good. It was a poorly written knee-jerk reaction to a perceived problem that ignored the underlying roots of the real issues at hand. It based the 'assault weapon' definition on looks, not actions. It did nothing to stop any mass killings. It was nothing more than window dressing.

To do this right we need to look at the causes of the crimes, not the instruments. We need to look at what actions we can take to curb deaths not strip freedoms. No more PC bull, we need to tackle this head on with our heads on.

I'm ready for the discussion, are you? Oh, and even though I'm a life member of the NRA, I don't always agree with the leadership. Can you say the same about your relationship with your side?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:46 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Well, I talked to a very liberal friend of mine last night and I changed my mind on gun control overnight!

As we must all agree, the main goal should be to keep guns out of the hands of those who will use them for bad instead of good.

The second amendment was written to specifically give us the rights to self protection.

I am a gun owner, and user! And have been for all my adult life. And like Tiger, will be 'til the day I die!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:40 pm 

Stony wrote:
Well, I talked to a very liberal friend of mine last night and I changed my mind on gun control overnight!

Stony, please share this conversation. I'm intrigued at what changed your mind so vehemently?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:51 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Good to hear Stony! I for one think that during high school, kids should be taught safety with "blue guns"... Not only how to safely handle a firearm, but how to disarm a "bad guy". Just like the safety ed course, this should be mandatory.... Maybe incorporate it into safety ed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:11 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I have only seen Stony flip-flop this radically one other time, and that was from attempted extortion... Is our fearless leader now a liberal? I think i saw a sign supporting a Democrat.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:28 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

The only easy thing to do with gun control is to regulate ownership of law abiding citizens. For everyone else it is impossible to regulate.

For convicted felons we might add a residue test to their parole. One false and you're back in the slammer. They aren't going to follow any new laws so why write new laws.

For 'normal' people that 'might' commit a crime with a gun? No idea at this time. They're normal until they snap and commit a crime so how do you pre-convict them and curb their rights to own a gun?

A lot of gun crime is associated with drugs. I'm interested in seeing the long term results of Colorado & Washington legalizing marijuana. If they see a long term reduction in gun crime.....

Without looking into the root of the problem there is no way to stop the problem. However, we can curb the number of deaths from mass shootings immediately. Allow more private citizens to carry guns. This has proven over and over to be the biggest deterrent to crime, to stop mass murders from killing as many people and save lives.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:38 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Flashback wrote; "However, we can curb the number of deaths from mass shootings immediately. Allow more private citizens to carry guns. This has proven over and over to be the biggest deterrent to crime, to stop mass murders from killing as many people and save lives." I totally agree this statement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next