It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Whats Going On At The Era
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:48 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Maybe someone is paying attention at the era? Kudos to management. We all know that nobody at the era reads this web site?

Post subject: Re: Whats Going On At The Era
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:55 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:18 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I guess it depends on which side of the table (or the gun) that you like to sit. Maybe its the old adage at work, "there is no such thing as bad publicity" I dont know, its all pretty weird, I heard that the reporters arent thrilled... Or is something else going on aside from a new boss? Do you think this new guy might shine some sunshine on the 'back room boys' Landlord?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:51 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

It would be nice to see a news medium in print that represents true journalism from a neutral objective point of view, allowing both sides of the story. BT usually gives the other side that should have been addressed in the local print press. So, if another news medium appears in print delivering both sides of the isle on issues of the day were do you think the news consumer will put there $.75 X 24,500 available customers to appeal to. That is $18,375.00 a day in potential sales even 35% of that market leaves $6431.25 in daily revenue. Extra Extra read all about it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:01 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Not a bad payday...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:07 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

So, what's that revenue compared to their operating costs?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:33 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

landlord wrote:
Maybe someone is paying attention at the era? Kudos to management. We all know that nobody at the era reads this web site?

ryanclose wrote:
?

Huh, awhat? Did I miss something besides the Era's anti gun rant?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:42 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

The new City Editor should look at Anne Hollidays style of journalism. She is fair to all the people she reports about. I have the privilege of spending at least one evening per month with her at township meetings. With Anne you get fair journalism. I never have to leave a township meeting wondering what will be reported the next day??? I believe the new City Editor can make some positive changes at Bradfords oldest newspaper and bring back some of its readers. I would like to welcome the new City Editor to Bradford and good luck in bringing integrity back to the Era.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:35 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Well said landlord.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:38 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

landlord wrote:
The new City Editor should look at Anne Hollidays style of journalism. She is fair to all the people she reports about. I have the privilege of spending at least one evening per month with her at township meetings. With Anne you get fair journalism. I never have to leave a township meeting wondering what will be reported the next day??? I believe the new City Editor can make some positive changes at Bradfords oldest newspaper and bring back some of its readers. I would like to welcome the new City Editor to Bradford and good luck in bringing integrity back to the Era.

Please don't take this as an attack on you but I have a couple of problems with this.
Firstly, Anne Holliday bends her reporting to the will of the mayor and other big wigs in town, just like the Era, although her bending is less apparent because she covers more for the surrounding areas than she does for Bradford.

The new Era editor is already sticking a middle finger up at the readers. He wrote an editorial before he made the announcement that he was the new editor, then signed it "The Bradford Era" so that it seemed like the entire Era had this opinion. He was so cowardly about this that I believe he had intentionally published the article with this timing and with that signature and the timing of his announcement so that he wouldn't have to deal with the complaints, and instead they would be directed to Marty (retired editor) and other employees.

The exact opposite of a good start if you ask me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:11 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Hmmm...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:57 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

landlord wrote:
The new City Editor should look at Anne Hollidays style of journalism. She is fair to all the people she reports about. With Anne you get fair journalism. I never have to leave a township meeting wondering what will be reported the next day?

Well, my guess is that you (landlord) and Citizen have been bombarded with local right-wing biased reporting so long, you have no idea what un-biased reporting looks like.

I've personally talked to several people who attended city council meetings, and described stuff that was talked about at the meeting, open in front of the public, that did not appear in the Era or on WESB.

Both print media in this town, as well as radio, "soft pedals" and spins the news ..... nearly all the time.

We just don't have "journalism" in this town. We have "fluff" writers who are mediocre at writing about fluff!

About the best we can hope for in this area is:
"hit and run, looking for something blue" or "Man attempts to kill another man with a gun, has absolutely nothing to do with narcotics"!, "Two houses explode, public meeting to be held soon".

I rest my case!