It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Serious hit and run on main street
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:29 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I heard there was a fairly serious hit and run on main street involving injuries to one of our local merchants. A silver car with NC plates? damage to right front? (Not sure about right or left) I hope everyone is OK and they find this driver. Nice christmas spirit, huh?

Post subject: Re: Serious hit and run on main street
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:07 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Well, according to Pa law, hit and run with injuries is supposed to be a minimum of three years is prison.

But apparently not here in Bradford.

What, That's two hit and runs in a few weeks now .... And in a one week period a few weeks ago, THREE telephone poles were sheared off! Three in a weeks time.

When is it time to let the state police back into Bradford?

Obviously we have a serious motor vehicle problem that is getting worse.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:02 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Quote:
Well, according to Pa law, hit and run with injuries is supposed to be a minimum of three years is prison.

So, who has been charged, tried and convicted (or exonerated) of hit and run in Bradford?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:08 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Guitar wrote:
Quote:

So, who has been charged, tried and convicted (or exonerated) of hit and run in Bradford?

NOBODY! THAT is the problem!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:20 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Quote:
NOBODY! THAT is the problem!

So, have they caught either driver?

Charged them with anything?

(By the way, even though it was a car with NC plates, I have witnesses to my whereabouts for the last 10 days!)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:25 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I recently resurrected my scanner and heard of this incident immediately after it happened. All area police were notified and were advised to be on the lookout for the offender.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:20 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:

What, That's two hit and runs in a few weeks now .... And in a one week period a few weeks ago, THREE telephone poles were sheared off! Three in a weeks time.

The State Police could respond to a call better than City Police? That is all that police do, respond. They don't prevent.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:09 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

I'm not comparing the two police forces. I think the Bradford City Police do a great job. But as crime goes up, there is only so much they can do. They can't be everywhere catching everybody.

But we obviously have a problem with "impaired drivers", what with all these hit and runs and sheered off utility poles .... among other motor vehicle infractions. The State Police, when they were allowed in Bradford DID make traffic stops. Them being here did help curb some of the impaired drivers.

I believe we need all the police we can get on the streets of Bradford. Their job is "to protect and serve" and we need more protection!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:45 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony, whee I'm at now there is, like Bradford, a local police force, County Sheriff's department and State Troopers. There are no townships to have police departments. From all that I've seen they cooperate really well. I see them coordinating speed "traps" (and they are REALLY good at this, especially in work areas!!) traffic stops. I've been through a late night joint checkpoint at least three times a year since moving up here on the mountain. They are very proactive with crime prevention and apprehension tasks. They are really on the lookout for impaired (and unlicensed) drivers. Also their public service and charity work is outstanding. You can even call the police for a ride home on New Year's if you get carried away with alcohol.
I see it as a shame that there doesn't seem to be the cooperation among the various units (except maybe township and City) that exists here.
And I also think that the Bradford City police do as good a job as is possible considering their situation. (And local politics.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:40 pm 
Novice
Novice

Flashback wrote:
Stony wrote:

The State Police could respond to a call better than City Police? That is all that police do, respond. They don't prevent.

Well my next call, if needed, will be to the State Police as I don't think the police in this town do a good job. As I said in another post all the police do is "babysit" these same offenders over and over. Arrest their sorry asses and toss them in a cell and throw away the key. Oh wait!!! Our police station is unmanned so the "babysitter" won't be able to do this. Another serious problem, the "un-manned" station.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:05 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Wolf.. see my recent post about "comment and opinion". One of those links talks precisely about this.