It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Congratulations Marty Wilder.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:57 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Congratulations Marty on your upcoming retirement. Marty and i crossed paths numerous times through her stretch as Editor in Chief at the Bradford Era, I think she had the same concerns a lot of us do for Bradford. We didnt always agree on everything, sometimes it even seemed like her hands were tied, or she didnt have the resources to do what she needed to. In My opinion it might have been a different looking paper if she had her way, and all in all I think she did a pretty good job. I also think as the editor of the Era, it would be a very tough place to maintain your jounalistic integrity, and im sure there is always a political tug of war going on, especially with the paper being owned and run by an influential Bradford family for so many years, with no competition from rival newspapers, at least until the internet came along. Good luck Marty in your future indeavors, it should be interesting to see who your replacement will be, and if it will be business as usual, or if the new editor will shake things up a little. Maybe Marty could write for BT, I bet she could tell us some good stories now!

Post subject: Re: Congratulations Marty Wilder.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:10 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

citizen wrote:
Maybe Marty could write for BT, I bet she could tell us some good stories now!

Citizen, I thought you were on the side of total transparency and openness in reporting of the news?

You don't think our print media and radio media in this area is highly controlled by "the powers that be", such as a few select influential rich families in town?

Bud Beck got it. That is why the MLR was so popular. Because all Bradford had before the MLR (and then "Bradford Online and Bradford Today) was a fully controlled media. If you feel that our media in Bradford is tightly controlled, don't you think Marty was a willing participant in that? One might call her a pawn. What makes you think she will automatically change overnight? What makes you think she would have any interest in that?

And please, around me, do NOT use the term "journalistic integrity" related to the Era! Or you will get an earful from me for sure!

We have newt, I'mGus and noneya to keep us in line! We don't need more "on that side" disputing what opinions we discuss here!

PS- I never did get to see that "spread" of photos that Bud claimed to have of that Bradford Era reporter/editor!

Post subject: Re: Congratulations Marty Wilder.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:08 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Marty, Enjoy retirement,you earned it and best of luck.