It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Here comes gun control
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:41 pm 
Offline
BT Regular
BT Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 4578
This was on facebook, but i will repost it here because i feel it is very important that everyone read this no matter where you stand; A LITTLE GUN HISTORY,
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. >From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were round
ed up and exterminated
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.
Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!
The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.
With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.
During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!
If you value your freedom, please spread this antigun-control message to all of your friends.
SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN!
SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.
SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!
IT'S A NO BRAINER!
DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.
Spread the word everywhere you can that you are a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment!
It's time to speak loud before they try to silence and disarm us.
You're not imagining it, history shows that governments always manipulate tragedies to attempt to disarm the people


Attachments:
say goodbye to self protection....jpg
say goodbye to self protection....jpg [ 50.5 KiB | Viewed 776 times ]

_________________
"Of what use is freedom of speech to those who fear to offend?"
Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Here comes gun control
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:25 pm 
Offline
BT Regular
BT Regular
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:40 am
Posts: 1243
Citizen, you will now be called a NRA Kool aid drinker! Never by me, though!

FYI the worst US school disaster was in 1927, with over 40 people killed. Explosives were used.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here comes gun control
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:55 pm 
Offline
BT Regular
BT Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 4578
I do not have an opinion either way about the NRA, nor am i, nor have i ever been a member of that organization. My opinions are mine and i usually follow my gut.

_________________
"Of what use is freedom of speech to those who fear to offend?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here comes gun control
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:29 pm 
Offline
BT Regular
BT Regular
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:19 pm
Posts: 542
Stony wrote:
Guitar wrote:
The number of firearms-related murder victims dropped from more than 17,000 in 1993 to 9,903 in 2011.


Yea, but sometimes you can't correlate the cause and effect. One might make an argument that there was an increase in gun ownership during that time, BUT also that was the "birth of the internet" and that may have more to do with the drop in gun homicides.

OR, like we can witness on a local level in most areas, perhaps it's a matter of underreporting the crimes and in the past the reporting was more honest.

For example in a small town that may not want the world to see it's true crime rate ... they may "not bother mentioning" crimes the public is not aware of, to make the crime rate seem lower.

Sorta like the "true unemployment rate" may not be the actual unemployment rate. It may vary by a substantial amount.

This drives me absolutely crazy. If you debate with a liberal and present them with a big pile of facts, they in turn give you a big steaming pile of BS. Thousands of gun crimes swept under the rug? Doubtful.

My advice, read citizens post from Facebook.

Talk of gun control from liberals is soooo hypocritical that it makes me physically ill. A liberal president wants to ban guns, but doesn't want to release documents about them selling weapons to Mexican drug cartels. Provide rebels with weapons so that the Muslim Brotherhood can come into power, supply weapons to other countries, then try to take them away from the citizens at home. Not happening at this house!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here comes gun control
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:00 pm 
Offline
4 Stars
4 Stars
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:37 am
Posts: 8955
Ah ha! Apparently JeffT and Guitar (and others) didn't see this clip from Rachel Maddow yesterday:


Shooting tragedy marks change in national will to advance gun safety laws

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/vp ... 6#50243046

The CDC and the ATF was forced to stop compiling information about shootings or gun violence. THAT may be the reason for the apparent "drop in numbers". Not that there was less, only that LESS were reported!


Attachment:
noguncontroldataallowed.jpg
noguncontroldataallowed.jpg [ 51.48 KiB | Viewed 711 times ]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here comes gun control
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:39 pm 
Offline
4 Stars
4 Stars
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:37 am
Posts: 8955
This just in ..... a perfect example for me to point to to make my case:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/1 ... k-shooter/

Florida Man Invokes ‘Stand Your Ground’ Law After Shooting Fellow Pizza Customer
By Scott Keyes on Dec 19, 2012 at 4:00 pm

A Florida man defended his decision to shoot an impatient pizza customer over the weekend, citing the state’s infamous “Stand Your Ground” law.

Michael Jock, a 52-year-old resident of St. Petersburg, was standing in line behind 49-year-old Randall White at a local Little Caesars on Sunday when Jock grew angry over White’s complaints about the speed of service. The two got began to shove one another, prompting Jock to pull out a .38 Taurus Ultralight Special Revolver that had been concealed on his person and fire twice, hitting White both times in the lower torso.

The Tampa Bay Times has more:

After the shooting, both men went outside and waited for police. Jock told officers the shooting was justified under “stand your ground,” [police spokesman Mike] Puetz said.

“He felt he was in his rights,” Puetz said. “He brought it up specifically and cited it to the officer.”

He told officers he feared for his life. He mentioned that he thought White had an object in his hand, then backed off that when officers pressed him. Florida’s “stand your ground law” says people are not required to retreat before using deadly force.

Police, however, disagreed with Jock’s interpretation of the law and arrested him on charges of aggravated battery and firing a weapon within a building.

The Stand Your Ground law that Jock referenced came under intense scrutiny this year after George Zimmerman invoked it to justify his shooting of teenager Trayvon Martin. Multiple studies have found that Stand Your Ground laws increase the number of homicides in a state. Still, such laws are a crown jewel for the National Rifle Association, which has been working tirelessly for years to spread them from state to state.

---Yes, we should all have the right to kill our neighbors over pizza line arguements! ---


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here comes gun control
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:09 pm 
Offline
BT Regular
BT Regular
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:51 am
Posts: 908
Location: Heaven's front porch......TEXAS
So typical of you, John. Doesn't matter what the subject is......when faced with hard facts, you respond with some liberal's blog or quote followed by an isolated, anecdotal tale of some yahoo who did something dumb that supposedly makes your argument somehow brilliant. NO SALE! That's all you've got? Here's one for you.....

Stony wrote:
The days of us taking up arms against our government are long gone!


Maybe you should withhold that statement until you see what happens when they try to take the people's guns away....... The Bill of Rights was added to the Constitution specifically to limit what the government can do to us. The founders saw Obama/Biden coming. :lol:

_________________
"We live in a stage of politics where legislators seem to regard the passage of laws as much more important than the results of their enforcement." William Howard Taft, 27th American president


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here comes gun control
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14 pm 
Offline
BT Regular
BT Regular
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:51 am
Posts: 908
Location: Heaven's front porch......TEXAS
Stony wrote:
Multiple studies have found that Stand Your Ground laws increase the number of homicides in a state.


Yes, more dead perps.....fewer defenseless victims.

_________________
"We live in a stage of politics where legislators seem to regard the passage of laws as much more important than the results of their enforcement." William Howard Taft, 27th American president


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here comes gun control
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:53 pm 
Offline
BT Regular
BT Regular
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:19 pm
Posts: 542
Stony wrote:
Ah ha! Apparently JeffT and Guitar (and others) didn't see this clip from Rachel Maddow yesterday:


Shooting tragedy marks change in national will to advance gun safety laws

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/vp ... 6#50243046

The CDC and the ATF was forced to stop compiling information about shootings or gun violence. THAT may be the reason for the apparent "drop in numbers". Not that there was less, only that LESS were reported!


Attachment:
noguncontroldataallowed.jpg

The ATF and CDC have nothing to do with crimes that aren't on a federal level. Murder and such are reported on a local level, not federal, there goes that argument. Rachel Maddow is an uniformed twit, and I'd love to see MSNBC actually post a whole text and not just the tidbits that make their story sound better to the liberal sheep that watch them.

Stony, you want God and Guns taken away from the American people right? If someone breaks into your house what is the first thing that you're going to do? Call to have someone with a gun dispatched to your house, and then pray that they get there on time.

BTW, the only reason people don't just walk up and commit a crime on an officer all of the time is because they're armed and trained to know how to use it lethally. Check out some youtube vids showing what happens to cops in countries and locales that don't allow them to be armed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here comes gun control
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:16 am 
Offline
BT Regular
BT Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 4578
Texas has it figured out in a lot of ways... http://news.yahoo.com/texas-town-allows ... 17416.html

_________________
"Of what use is freedom of speech to those who fear to offend?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here comes gun control
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:16 pm 
Offline
BT Regular
BT Regular
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:19 pm
Posts: 542
http://www.naturalnews.com/038391_gun_c ... _cops.html

I guess we don't have much to worry about. They can pass laws to take away our weapons but won't have anyone to enforce it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here comes gun control
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:36 pm 
Offline
4 Stars
4 Stars
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:37 am
Posts: 8955
From JeffT's article:


"Most of the gun violence in our city is drug addicts raiding the homes of other drug addicts. The statistics might appear to show a lot of armed robberies and shootings, but it's really just a small subset of homes or apartments getting raided over and over again by the same people, the drug dealers." When I asked what the real drug problem was, he answered without hesitation. "Meth." Not pot, not marijuana, not even heroin. Meth is the drug that drives violent crime in America's cities.



Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/038391_gun_c ... z2Fe7L8a7E



When was the last meth lab bust in Bradford?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
ADVERTISEMENT






LIKE US
EMAIL SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

DONATE

© 2004-2014 Bradford PA Today. News & Information. All rights reserved.

Bradford PA Portal | PennsNews | BigFree Information | Free Web Hosting