It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Poor Service at the Post Office!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:24 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

My "mail" is, by percentage, about 95% junk mail VS the 5% that is made up of my bills, and very seldom, personal correspondence.

"WE the people" are financing corporations breaks on postage to send us junk mail we don't want or need!

IF postage was limited to personal correspondence like it was originally, it would be a functioning service once again. And it could operate on a much smaller budget.

We are paying them to deliver other peoples unwanted junk to us!

And then, here in Bradford, to add insult to injury, we have to wait on an unreasonably long line to mail something!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:31 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I agree about the junk mail! Holy crap! I need a shopping cart to pick up my mail! I heard that junk mail is keeping the USPS alive. Now when are you all sending me a Christmas card?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:20 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:
My "mail" is, by percentage, about 95% junk mail VS the 5% that is made up of my bills, and very seldom, personal correspondence.

"WE the people" are financing corporations breaks on postage to send us junk mail we don't want or need!

IF postage was limited to personal correspondence like it was originally, it would be a functioning service once again. And it could operate on a much smaller budget.

We are paying them to deliver other peoples unwanted junk to us!

And then, here in Bradford, to add insult to injury, we have to wait on an unreasonably long line to mail something!

We the people are paying nothing to the USPS. It is not a federal agency. Those corporations pay for their junk mail by the regulations set forth by Congress. If postage was limited to personal correspondence the USPS would have gone out of business decades ago.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:21 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I have always had good service from the USPS no matter where I lived. But here is another reason that shows why they are in such disarray:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/18/15998950-after-firing-soldier-in-2000-usps-ordered-to-rehire-him-and-pay-him-2-million?lite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:33 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Guitar wrote:
I have always had good service from the USPS no matter where I lived.

So you mean to tell us that in all the years you lived in Bradford, you never went into our post office and seen an unreasonably long line because they were grossly understaffed? Seriously?

So what, is it just ME that has experienced this? They see ME coming and everyone closes their registers and hides in the back? And then actors come from out back and stand in line in front of me pretending to be as pissed-off as I am?

I find that hard to believe!

"The post office is only inept when I visit"!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:26 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony, for me it must have been the timing. I can recall sending some Christmas presents once from Bradford when there were maybe a half dozen or so folks in front of me. But there were three postal workers behind the counter and things moved along extremely well. HONEST!

If I were to have a big criticism of the Postal System it would be their sheer waste of HVAC output. Up where you are and down here it's the same story. You go into the Post Office in the summer and it is so cold in there that all the employees are wearing sweaters or vests. Then in the winter time it is so warm that they are all in short sleeves and anyone waiting in line with winter clothes is sweating.

Have YOU experienced this?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:29 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Guitar wrote:
Have YOU experienced this?

I just haven't noticed that yet .... I'm too busy being pissed-off at the incredibly bad service!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:40 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

its not just you that stands on those lines stoney.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:27 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I can tell you right now what is killing the post office. I've delivered hunk mail to distribution centers here in pa. The unions that control the workers there are ridiculous. To unload four pallets requires 2 employees on forklifts, 1 person watching, they took a break in the middle and then took a break to check a score on a penn state game before signing my bills. To top it all off, they wouldn't remove a load lock themselves (a bar that keeps things from shifting on a trailer and takes 5 seconds and minimal effort to remove) but took 45 minutes to ask me to remove them. They in turn have to pay trucking companies more to ship their freight because they eat up a lot of valuable time. I'm sure the post offices are just the same if the union has their hand in there too. More money, less work.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:39 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

The problem with the Post Office in this country is the unqualified management that runs the USPS. Unions may be a small part of the scenario but it is management that has caused the problem because of their failure to look ahead and lead. You have problems in Bradford, it's the Postmaster or Officer in Charge who needs to get it straightened out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:43 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

JeffT wrote:
I can tell you right now what is killing the post office. I've delivered hunk mail to distribution centers here in pa. The unions that control the workers there are ridiculous. To unload four pallets requires 2 employees on forklifts, 1 person watching, they took a break in the middle and then took a break to check a score on a penn state game before signing my bills. To top it all off, they wouldn't remove a load lock themselves (a bar that keeps things from shifting on a trailer and takes 5 seconds and minimal effort to remove) but took 45 minutes to ask me to remove them. They in turn have to pay trucking companies more to ship their freight because they eat up a lot of valuable time. I'm sure the post offices are just the same if the union has their hand in there too. More money, less work.

x 2 but throught TN, KY, IN. Hauling junk mail to the USPS is nothing more than an exercise against actual work being done. Union regulations stifle work.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:45 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Tedviola wrote:
The problem with the Post Office in this country is the unqualified management that runs the USPS. Unions may be a small part of the scenario but it is management that has caused the problem because of their failure to look ahead and lead. You have problems in Bradford, it's the Postmaster or Officer in Charge who needs to get it straightened out.

So you mean Congress? And to say that the unions are a small part of the problem is like saying that hurricanes are small storms.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next