It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Poor Service at the Post Office!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:19 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Unionman, I thought we were friends or at least on the same side on most issues. That is why, I hate to take your arguments apart piece by piece showing how wrong you are.

Sorry in advance!

unionman wrote:
Just like the assumption made about the gravel ramp leading to the pine street foot bridge - which is currently concrete -

WRONG!

The "gravel part" I was joking about ... the reason I took the time to describe it as "squishy" and imagined wheelchairs, bicycles, skateboards and shopping carts using it. It was actually, as we all guessed, a base for the PAVING they did yesterday!

It's asphalt, not concrete! But I knew all along that the loose gravel was just a base ... but I was poking fun at it, not being serious!

unionman wrote:
who said this guy was working or punched in? He was picked up at his place of work. Did he show up drunk on his day off to get his paycheck and one of his friends prefented him from leaving? Does he happen to be friends with one of his co-workers and went to see that person for advice on his failing relationship? Everyone seems to be assuming he was at work, yet there is NO EVIDENCE in this article to back that assumption up.

First off, the info that the man was arrested at his "place of work" came from the Bradford Era. Why their reporter didn't ask if the guy was officially working or not was on them! So question the Era if that matters to you.

BUT does it really matter if he was on the clock or not?

The STATE POLICE said he was there and he was, in their opinion, a danger to himself, others, and the building. Would you not fire him for that alone whether he was clocked in or not?

unionman wrote:
Until proven otherwise, I think the union and the employer deserve an apology.

I think THE UNION AND THE EMPLOYER OWE THE PEOPLE OF BRADFORD AN EXPLANATION AS TO WHY WE THE PEOPLE OF BRADFORD HAVE GOTTEN SUCH CRAPPY SERVICE FOR THE PAST SEVERAL YEARS!

I'm waiting for that apology!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:33 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:
Shadow wrote:
I agree unionman! Many many times I have been in the post office at 8:30am, drunker than a skunk, and I don't even work there!

Shadow, that would be really sad if true, but on the other hand ... really funny if it is not! ....... Could it be you were so drunk you thought you worked there? LOL!

OMG of course I was kidding! I never drink before 9am.
There was an older woman working there in 2007 who did my then high school daughter a huge favor by getting her passport going on April 15th!...the dreaded tax day. Otherwise we would have missed a deadline. She had us come back after the post office CLOSED so we could get the paperwork done. Now THAT is awesome service!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:29 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

BornToRun wrote:
No need to use the post office. Last time I checked UPS and FedEx would be happy to deliver your letters for around $20 each.

Who sends letters anymore?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:39 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Guitar wrote:
Quote:
What do you expect from an aniquated, bloated, money losing, poor service giving, over-regulated company?Government and unions have killed the USPS.

http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/cheapest-way-ship-holiday-gifts-fedex-ups-post-135300786.html

Gotta love it when I'm right.
Quote:
In general, UPS and FedEx offer more options for expedited shipping, with guaranteed delivery times, but charge much higher prices.

I've had nothing but problems with the USPS. 99% of what they deliver is junk and available on-line (still junk). When I put it back in the outgoing, which is exactly what the regulations for USPS mail delivery say to do with unwanted or wrong person/address mail, I get nasty notes from my carrier. When I take it back to the post office and leave it on their counter they demand that I take it with me. Fedex and UPS only deliver what I want.

I would rather be green and not have all of that junk mail produced and delivered. Just imagine all those mail trucks off the road, not being hazards while driving slowly partially in a travel lane.

Does anyone know who moves more letters than the USPS? No? Fedex. The USPS pays Fedex to move their mail. Even they know that if you really want to get it there on time, don't use the USPS.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:17 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Flashback wrote:
BornToRun wrote:
No need to use the post office. Last time I checked UPS and FedEx would be happy to deliver your letters for around $20 each.

Who sends letters anymore?

I do! and THANK YOU notes, birthday cards, Christmas cards, etc. Emailed and face booked cannot replace them for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:45 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I also send letters. Handwritten :!: :!: There's nothing nicer than sending and also receiving a note that has a personal touch to it. I still send out close to 100 Christmas cards with a little note written in each one. I hate it when I get one of those "Christmas news letters" printed out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:07 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Letters, a soon to die tradition. Only stubborn fear of new forms of communication keep people writing letters. I would much rather receive a personal phone call, or better yet, a visit from someone than a letter. Then there are those that don't want their post office to close. Really? Sentimentality coupled with over-regulation has ruined the USPS. Time to get with the times.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:18 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

they will never stop the mail in our life time!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:34 am 
Novice
Novice

Despite what the youngest generation thinks, there is still an important place for handwritten letters and notes. Don't bother to send me an e-card at Christmas. If I'm not important enough for you to send a real card just skip it. Don't post condolences to a funeral home's website when I lose a loved one. If you can't bother to send a card or note, neither my loved one nor I are important to you. And sending a handwritten thank you will always be proper, although I'm finding more and more people don't even have the courtesy to say thank you anymore. That's just bad manners, which I'm sorry to say, our youngest generation is often guilty of. But that's another story.

The post office is still the biggest bargain we have. That's part of their financial problem. They haven't been allowed to raise rates like they should. The other part is political obstacles like pension rules no private corporation has to follow.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:17 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Yes, everybody knows that words printed on screen clearly have less thought put into them than words put on paper. Something just utterly satisfying in knowing that not only was your message conveyed, it was done so with great use of fuel, human labor, and forest product.

I will say, reading on the computer screen is terrible for my eyes at least. I should get a kindle or something.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:47 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Shadow wrote:
they will never stop the mail in our life time!

Doesn't mean they shouldn't.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:50 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

BornToRun wrote:
Despite what the youngest generation thinks, there is still an important place for handwritten letters and notes. Don't bother to send me an e-card at Christmas. If I'm not important enough for you to send a real card just skip it. Don't post condolences to a funeral home's website when I lose a loved one. If you can't bother to send a card or note, neither my loved one nor I are important to you. And sending a handwritten thank you will always be proper, although I'm finding more and more people don't even have the courtesy to say thank you anymore. That's just bad manners, which I'm sorry to say, our youngest generation is often guilty of. But that's another story.

The post office is still the biggest bargain we have. That's part of their financial problem. They haven't been allowed to raise rates like they should. The other part is political obstacles like pension rules no private corporation has to follow.

Not being one of the younger generation, I'm in my 40s, it makes me wonder why the younger generation would eschew mail when a phone call, an email, a text, is so much faster, direct, guaranteed & cheaper.

You forgot to mention lack of business, union rates and top heavy management.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next