It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Another con job
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:17 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Sure would be nice if we all got together and eliminated this from the water our families drink. http://www.fluoridealert.org/

Post subject: Re: Another con job
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:25 am 
Novice
Novice

The Harvard study was based on studies in foreign countries that use fluoride levels many times that used in the US. The Harvard scientists have stated it is not relevant in the US.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:08 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Warning on Fluoridated toothpaste: “WARNING: Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age. If you accidentally swallow more than used for brushing, seek professional help or contact a poison control center immediately.”

I'm 26 and have never had a cavity, also never drank fluoride water.
My wife is 26 and has never had a cavity, also never drank fluoride water.

Bioaccumulation – “Bioaccumulation is defined as the accumulation of chemicals in the tissue of organisms through any route, including respiration, ingestion, or direct contact with contaminated water, sediment, and pore water in the sediment.” – U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2000

PINEAL GLAND
An endocrine gland that accumulates high levels of fluoride.

"In the 1990s, Jennifer Luke of the UK discovered that the pineal gland is a major site of fluoride accumulation within the body - with higher concentrations of fluoride than either teeth or bone.

Luke's studies indicate that the accumulation of fluoride in the pineal gland can reduce the gland's synthesis of melatonin, a hormone that helps regulate the onset of puberty. Fluoride-treated animals were found to have reduced levels of circulating melatonin and an earlier onset puberty than untreated animals. Luke concluded:

Quote:
"The safety of the use of fluorides ultimately rests on the assumption that the developing enamel organ is most sensitive to the toxic effects of fluoride. The results from this study suggest that the pinealocytes may be as susceptible to fluoride as the developing enamel organ"

"

(CNN) -- Boys in the United States are starting puberty earlier than ever, according to a new study publishing in the November issue of the journal Pediatrics.

(USATODAY) -- Girls are maturing faster than ever and, for reasons doctors don't completely understand, hitting puberty younger than any generation in history.
About 15% of American girls now begin puberty by age 7, according to a study of 1,239 girls published last year in Pediatrics. One in 10 white girls begin developing breasts by that age — twice the rate seen in a 1997 study. Among black girls, such as Laila, 23% hit puberty by age 7.

(ryanclose) -- I don't like to draw conclusions, but perhaps the fewer number of white girls developing breasts at age 7 could have something to due with the higher concentrations of blacks in "inner cities". I would imagine the rate of fluoridation to be higher there than in rural areas. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

This effect of fluoridation was picked at random from a plethora of others, all proven time and time again.

For the "source nazis" that haven't discovered google:

http://www.fluoridealert.org/pesticides ... pineal.htm

http://toxics.usgs.gov/definitions/bioaccumulation.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:31 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Those of us with Bradford water don't have to worry about it.
We have no fluoridation.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:06 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

The Phantom wrote:
Those of us with Bradford water don't have to worry about it.
We have no fluoridation.

Which I am very pleased about. I figure if I was able to go 26 years with no hint of a cavity, then the 2.6% decrease in cavities provided by fluoride must really not be worth the drastic long term health risks. I was taught to brush my teeth in a very specific manner no less than twice a day from a very young age. I even have a way of brushing my teeth without a normal toothbrush when I camp. I'm teaching my daughter the same way, and I'm certain she will have zero or very few tooth problems even without drinking fluoride.