It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Our taxes are going up!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:48 am 

Each resident owes over a $1100.00 on this years budget. That includes newborns, the children at School Street and GGB elementary schools, the senior citizens, the socially and economically depressed and the rest of us. It is another love story.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:32 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

How many of the school children you mention live outside of the city limits in a township? Please explain your math with a little common sense. If Foster Township has to come up with roughly $5 million for sewer extensions plus plant upgrade money, what will that be per resident or sewer hook up? Out of sight! What about Bradford Township and the others?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:03 pm 

It would be the children from the city...so if you take approximately 8.9 million dollar budget for the good city and divide it by the number of residents of approximately 8500 residents it equals over a $1000.00 dollars per resident. Just saying.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:54 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Billy the kid wrote; "if you take approximately 8.9 million dollar budget for the good city and divide it by the number of residents of approximately 8500 residents it equals over a $1000.00 dollars per resident" This is an almost unbelivable amount of money for a 'city' of Bradfords size. A city in name only really. Are copies of this budget available, or is it only available to look at? Is it online? As Stony says, even if taxes dont go up right now, we are only 'kicking this can down the road' there is simply no way the city can continue spending money like this. How did we go from distressed status to this in such a short time? This is simply unsustainable. It really sucks to be a Bradford city taxpayer , tax increase or not.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:28 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

the more we pay in taxes the less services we get and the less protection we get. the crime rate is soaring and they are doing nothing about it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:48 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Billy the kid wrote; "if you take approximately 8.9 million dollar budget for the good city and divide it by the number of residents of approximately 8500 residents it equals over a $1000.00 dollars per resident"
newter, did that math have common sense? In my opinion, I find a few of our public officials lack common sense!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:28 pm 

Local property taxes only account for about 35% of the City of Bradford's budget. Your calculation of $1,000 per resident is incorrect by a mile. Taxes are not going up for the second year in a row despite the poor economy. I don't post of here very often as it makes little sense arguing with negative people using fake names who do not know what they are talking about most of the time. If any of you have any questions about the City, call City Hall and I would be more than happy to meet with you in a civil setting. Thank you.

Happy Holidays!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:54 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

1st of all, Thank Mr. JRK for agreeing to buy/restore the former B.P.O.E. building.
2nd, MERRY CHRISTMAS! :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:29 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Thank you, Mr. Riel for coming on as your real name if that is truly it as you like to play the game here on Bradford Today, in my opinion you are a very mean spirited man who makes personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you. I have witnessed your unprofessionalism and mean spiritedness at the city council meetings. Your comment makes very little sense. "I don't post of here very often as it makes little sense arguing with negative people using fake names who do not know what they are talking about most of the time."
Please explain the city budget and were does the other 65% of the budget comes from especially if not from tax dollars. The reil insult here, in my opinion, is you treat people like their stupid. Well the joke is on you as always. Is that you Santa Claus! Please don't send the alter egos Imgus or Newt for a response, it is old. Just saying.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:45 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

:wink:

Attachments:
Go Patton!.gif
Go Patton!.gif [ 104.95 KiB | Viewed 746 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:39 pm 

Patton wrote:
Thank you, Mr. Riel for coming on as your real name if that is truly it as you like to play the game here on Bradford Today, in my opinion you are a very mean spirited man who makes personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you. I have witnessed your unprofessionalism and mean spiritedness at the city council meetings. Your comment makes very little sense. "I don't post of here very often as it makes little sense arguing with negative people using fake names who do not know what they are talking about most of the time."
Please explain the city budget and were does the other 65% of the budget comes from especially if not from tax dollars. The reil insult here, in my opinion, is you treat people like their stupid. Well the joke is on you as always. Is that you Santa Claus! Please don't send the alter egos Imgus or Newt for a response, it is old. Just saying.

Mr. Patton,

I decided to respond to this topic primarily due to 2 of the blatant falsehoods or lies that were posted. The first being Stony's title for this discussion. He posted the erroneous title on purpose shortly after an Era article about the new budget not being based on a tax increase. The second lie was made by Billy the Kid that "Each resident owes $1100.00 on this years budget." Not true either.

Although I did respond this time, actions or lies like the 2 I just pointed out are why I don't normally respond. What's the sense of trying to explain anything to people who hide behind a computer name and intentionally post things that are not true? I apologize for stooping to their level. I guess you think telling the truth to correct lies somehow implies people being called stupid?

Stony, Patton, Bill Hallock, Tom Perry, Billy the Kid, Jim Connelly, Landlord, Citizen and others have gone out of their way to make personal attacks against me, my family members and other elected officials on this site, on other sites and in public. Some of them have also gone after at least 4 or 5 members on BT who they have accused of being me or supporting me. Patton, I suggest you look in the mirror and at your circle of accomplices before you throw stones.

You accuse me of being mean spirited and unprofessional at City Council meetings. The first meeting you attended as of late was with Mr. James Connelly Jr. He was rude, impolite, disrespectful, disruptive...He kept interrupting when I would try to respond and barged out of the meeting like a spoiled child denied a new toy. You also attended the next meeting without incident, thanking the Police Department for a presentation made at Beacon Light that day. I am missing what you claim to have witnessed at these meetings.

If you want a circus at public meetings, go to the Foster Township meetings. I hear Tom Perry and Bill Hallock put on quite a show. Connelly has told people that Hallock goes and speaks at all these meetings to get his name in the paper because he is going to run for supervisor. The joke with that is that most people see him for what he really is, a person who has spread lies and made false statements about muncipal matters. The word is out for sure. Just because it isn't posted yet on the internet or a facebook page based on misinformation doesn't mean the truth about him hasn't spread rapidly. Bill Hallock is bad for Foster Township is the word going around. Good luck with that election.

Mr. Patton, as I said before, I would be more than happy to meet with you personally to discuss any City matters. I will do my best to not respond to your games on here. I am only a phone call away.

Just sayin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:17 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Again, no specifics on the numbers or facts....Just attacks on character... The Public considers the source. There is a difference between a private citizen and an elected public official in which you claim to be, but are you?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next