It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Poor Service at the Post Office!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:26 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

How many times have you gone to the Bradford post office and found a long line? And to add insult to injury, witnessed people walking around looking like they had absolutely no interest in helping customers? Sorta like zombies.

Here is an article from the Bradford Era today .....

Attachment:
Drunk At Work.jpg
Drunk At Work.jpg [ 56.83 KiB | Viewed 1399 times ]

Read: the
United States Post Office located at
115 Boylston St., Bradford — police
were attempting to take Morrisroe in
to custody for a prior allegation of
domestic violence. Morrisroe resisted
the police, and was found to be “under
the influence of alcohol to a degree
that he may have endangered him-self or persons or property
, especially
when resisting arrest,” police said.

Note they were not there because the boss or co workers called the police to report him being drunk and dangerous. They were there to arrest him on a report of sexual assault. They just happened to find him drunk and dangerous.

You gotta wonder WHY his boss or manager didn't report him drunk. Or any of his many co-workers?

No wonder we get poor service in Bradford.

Can somebody find out if it's routine for the workers at the post office to come to work drunk? It apparently was for this guy!

I often take the time to drive all the way out to Derrick City where I get quick and friendly service every time!

Post subject: Re: Poor Service at the Post Office!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:06 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

The USPS is awful. After receiving my broken MacBook Pro, I went back to the post office to file an insurance claim. Thankfully when I brought back all of the required documents the post master was there because they had lost my MacBook! He let me come in the back to search for the box that I had handed over. It was locked in an office they never used and he had to call someone to bring keys to get in there. He was FURIOUS and signed all of my documents and sent them in. I received my insurance check for the full amount a week later. He was awesome, the tellers, not so much.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:04 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

What do you expect from an aniquated, bloated, money losing, poor service giving, over-regulated company?Government and unions have killed the USPS.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:27 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Flash, this guy was reportedly drunk at work at 8:30AM ...... You suppose the union will protect him from being fired on the spot? Oh, not to mention arrested and taken out of work for a sexual assault.

How strong is his union?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I never fail to get great service at the Boylston Street Post Office, even if I have to wait a while. Most often someone I know is in line with me and we have a nice chat to pass the time. It's not the employees' fault that they're understaffed.

And to all you nay-sayers out there, look out! One person you don't want to piss off is your local postman. Why do you think they call it going postal :? ????

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:48 am 
Novice
Novice

No need to use the post office. Last time I checked UPS and FedEx would be happy to deliver your letters for around $20 each.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:06 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Quote:
What do you expect from an aniquated, bloated, money losing, poor service giving, over-regulated company?Government and unions have killed the USPS.

http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/cheapest-way-ship-holiday-gifts-fedex-ups-post-135300786.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:57 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

the service always sucks there. is it because they are under staffed or in the back drunk? how can you have drunks working at the post office? my boss would fire me on the spot.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:23 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:
Flash, this guy was reportedly drunk at work at 8:30AM ...... You suppose the union will protect him from being fired on the spot? Oh, not to mention arrested and taken out of work for a sexual assault.

How strong is his union?

That is exactly what I expect. That is what unions do, protect the worker.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:46 pm 
Novice
Novice

Just like the assumption made about the gravel ramp leading to the pine street foot bridge - which is currently concrete - who said this guy was working or punched in? He was picked up at his place of work. Did he show up drunk on his day off to get his paycheck and one of his friends prefented him from leaving? Does he happen to be friends with one of his co-workers and went to see that person for advice on his failing relationship? Everyone seems to be assuming he was at work, yet there is NO EVIDENCE in this article to back that assumption up. Until proven otherwise, I think the union and the employer deserve an apology.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:54 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I agree unionman! Many many times I have been in the post office at 8:30am, drunker than a skunk, and I don't even work there!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:32 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Shadow wrote:
I agree unionman! Many many times I have been in the post office at 8:30am, drunker than a skunk, and I don't even work there!

Shadow, that would be really sad if true, but on the other hand ... really funny if it is not! ....... Could it be you were so drunk you thought you worked there? LOL!