It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Obama Wins! Republican's Eat your Heart Out!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:38 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Great post, Flashback!

Hey Phillygirl, I don't always vote my party. And I was a Democrate in my younger years, but then they gave my paycheck to reliefers (scummers if you will...)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:27 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Quote:
David Frum called Republican leaders "cowards" and said the right-wing base has been lied to by a "conservative entertainment complex."
Frum, a conservative who served as a speechwriter for President George W. Bush, made his remarks Friday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." He added that the GOP had been overrun by fear-mongers.

Quote:
"Republicans have been fleeced and exploited and lied to by a conservative entertainment complex," he said.

Quote:
"The followers, the donors and the activists are so mistaken about the nature of the problems the country faces," Frum said.

http://www.thewrap.com/media/article/da ... plex-64421

That is why I cite "normal" media, because the "conservative entertainment complex" don't have true facts or data. Take it from a real conservative.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:30 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:54 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Shadow wrote:
JeffT wrote:
Want a fair share, flat tax. Only fair way. If everyone is paying 20% of what they earn then it is fair. Asking someone to pay a bigger share (over 55% between state and federal NOW) is not a FAIR share. That's punishment for being wealthy and that is paying a bigger share of the whole than anyone else is required to.

Tired of the argument "well, they're rich, they can afford to pay more". So what if they can? Who the hell are you or anyone else to tell them how much money they can have or need to have? Take more away from them that's less that they have to invest.

Agree! since when is it the american dream to punish people for being successful?

Being successful is fine. But unless you do all the work by yourself you are not entitled to keep all the profits and take advantage of your workers. Your workers are what keep you successful.

A flat tax would be great, as long as it also applied to investments, which is where the ultra rich make all their money, and what is now taxed at only 15%, as compared to the 35% on income you get from actually working.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:27 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

As a business owner, I'm entitled to the profits of the business......period. Anyone I hire is entitled ONLY to what was agreed upon at the time of hire. Nothing less and nothing more. IF I CHOOSE to give profit sharing, that's entirely MY choice....not a moral obligation. If I choose not to share profits, my workers can either be content with what THEY AGREED TO WORK FOR or work somewhere else. NO ONE is "entitled" to my business profits but me. Yes, my workers helped to earn those profits, but they assume NONE of the costs or risks of doing business. THEY don't warranty the work, I DO. THEY are not the ones who get the call in the middle of the night when some emergency arises, I DO. THEY don't purchase and maintain necessary equipment, I DO. THEY didn't develop and maintain my customer base over the last 29 years, I DID. In short, THEY didn't build my business.....I DID! MY profit is my reward for my time, efforts, risks, etc. I'M the one responsible for everything necessary to create the profit.
It's people like you who have never run a business and have no clue of the countless of unbillable hours involved in viewing jobs, estimating costs, formulating bids, etc. who think the guy swinging the hammer is the only one working. By the way, that's me, too, more often than not. Most business owners are NOT do-nothing fat cats warming a chair and cracking a whip over the poor slobs slaving away for a pittance. In my business, and most successful businesses, there is mutual respect, decent pay, reasonable hours, grievance solutions, etc. Everyone gets the deal they bargained for. Stop with the master-slave scenerios already.....you're smarter than that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:23 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

AMEN to that Tigereye! your post could have been written by my husband! He works his azz off next to his crew, and works hard behind the scenes to keep them working! I watched him in action several times, and he amazes me. Plus he gives his crew a nice year end bonus, which he does not have to do. Lends them money too. The workers are done at the end of the day. He is never done!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I think that was the best post I have seen from Tigereye. I agree with Tigereye and to Philly I run my own business and I have no employees. I hire other consultants as needed, I pay the fee they charge me and leave it at that.

I am not that political at all, but if you think about this from a business view why in the heck would anyone open a big company in the US? You are taxed to death, unions, insurance and I am sure countless other rules. You move the business overseas and you are not as hassled or taxed as much.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:59 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

tigereye wrote:
As a business owner, I'm entitled to the profits of the business......period. Anyone I hire is entitled ONLY to what was agreed upon at the time of hire. Nothing less and nothing more. IF I CHOOSE to give profit sharing, that's entirely MY choice....not a moral obligation. If I choose not to share profits, my workers can either be content with what THEY AGREED TO WORK FOR or work somewhere else. NO ONE is "entitled" to my business profits but me. Yes, my workers helped to earn those profits, but they assume NONE of the costs or risks of doing business. THEY don't warranty the work, I DO. THEY are not the ones who get the call in the middle of the night when some emergency arises, I DO. THEY don't purchase and maintain necessary equipment, I DO. THEY didn't develop and maintain my customer base over the last 29 years, I DID. In short, THEY didn't build my business.....I DID! MY profit is my reward for my time, efforts, risks, etc. I'M the one responsible for everything necessary to create the profit.
It's people like you who have never run a business and have no clue of the countless of unbillable hours involved in viewing jobs, estimating costs, formulating bids, etc. who think the guy swinging the hammer is the only one working. By the way, that's me, too, more often than not. Most business owners are NOT do-nothing fat cats warming a chair and cracking a whip over the poor slobs slaving away for a pittance. In my business, and most successful businesses, there is mutual respect, decent pay, reasonable hours, grievance solutions, etc. Everyone gets the deal they bargained for. Stop with the master-slave scenerios already.....you're smarter than that.

I'd love to know what kind of business you run.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:57 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Construction, roofing, and remodelling. Does it matter? Good business practices apply to all successful businesses. You should try it sometime so you may learn to speak with knowledge.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:27 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

In any case I sincerely hope we can at least let the president do his job and stop criticizing every move he makes. This whole Benghazi business that FOX news keeps trying to make into another "Gate" situation tho I am saddened at the deaths of these four people in context Iraq also had its "mistakes" like the security workers appalling behavior and let's not forget about Abu Ghraib, what a mess that was. Everyone can point fingers and waste time on these snags to foil the real issue of balancing the budget and creating jobs. We don't need three or four months of Benghazi Gate hearing-useless bullshit clogging the news. AND really Who gives a flying #%$# whether General Petraeus had some fling. Let them get off this bullshit and start getting work accomplished!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:09 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Yeah, let's just sweep all the sticky, embarassing, possibly illegal stuff under the rug and get back to four more years of failed economic policy..... :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:58 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

tigereye wrote:
Yeah, let's just sweep all the sticky, embarrassing, possibly illegal stuff under the rug and get back to four more years of failed economic policy..... :roll:

Romney lost, the vote rigging failed! Outspending the democrats 2:1 also failed! SO we won't have four more years of failed economic policy! We will have four more years of Obama digging us out of the Bush/Cheney republican hole you guys put us in.

THIS is what America choose!

And by "sticky, embarrassing, possibly illegal stuff" you are obviously referring to what Bush and Cheney did to our country for 8 long years, or are you talking about what Karl Rove and the republicans in congress are doing?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next