It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Voter ID Protest
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:32 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

citizen wrote:
Tigereye wrote; "Stop allowing illegals access to social services, education, and non-emergency health care. If the things they came here for weren't so accessible to them, they would be less inclined to risk getting caught. If we get serious about prosecuting and deporting them, if we make it harder to get here in the first place, if we stop rewarding them when they DO get here, if we stop accommodating them in our culture, our signage, our airwaves, our businesses, our schools, and our communities, we just MIGHT be able to keep our country as a place in which WE can feel at home." I hope there is still no one around that thinks all of this is an accident..look at NAFTA, look at the UN, research things a little. this is part of someones grand plan, and it has little to do with the political theater that keeps the average short sighted american occupied.

Quote:
Tiger said: Heavily fine anyone employing illegals.

While I agree we should fine people employing illegals, what about those that take advantage of the legals as well, paying them slave wages and depriving Americans of jobs?

This where I part ways. While you can try to blame this on the liberals wanting the Hispanic vote, the fact is, the 1%ers and constantly victimized "small businesses" are the biggest employers of legal and illegals immigrants who will work for pennies on the dollar compared to an American.

Larger corporations just move overseas, and that's wrong as well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:31 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Who is being paid "slave wages." I don't pay my slaves. They work for free.....well....room and board. At least I can list them as dependents on my taxes! :D
Seriously, there is a thing called the minimum wage in this country. It's not a lot, but it is more than "slave wages." If you don't think so, you're paying your slaves way too much!

Corporations can move their operations overseas. It may be "wrong" in your opinion, but it's legal and it's something business owners gets to decide. No one else has the right to tell someone they can't make their own legal business decisions. Businesses often go offshore because of already consfiscatory tax rates and to level the field with foreign competitors. If the U.S. would move to correct the tariff imbalance and hold foreign competitors to the same environmental standards to which WE must comply, wages and profits would become more competitive and bringing business back here would be more appealing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:23 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

tigereye wrote:
Corporations can move their operations overseas. It may be "wrong" in your opinion, but it's legal and it's something business owners gets to decide. No one else has the right to tell someone they can't make their own legal business decisions. Businesses often go offshore because of already consfiscatory tax rates and to level the field with foreign competitors. If the U.S. would move to correct the tariff imbalance and hold foreign competitors to the same environmental standards to which WE must comply, wages and profits would become more competitive and bringing business back here would be more appealing.

Here, here!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:38 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

tigereye wrote:
Who is being paid "slave wages." I don't pay my slaves. They work for free.....well....room and board. At least I can list them as dependents on my taxes! :D
Seriously, there is a thing called the minimum wage in this country. It's not a lot, but it is more than "slave wages." If you don't think so, you're paying your slaves way too much!

Minimum wage is "slave wages". No one can live on minimum wage. And when the unions started falling apart, and the jobs went overseas, the remaining manufacturing jobs, e.g., went from $24/hr to $10-12/hr., just above minimum, with increased hours and decreased benefits. And this happened before 2008.

More prevalent, however, was the practice of hiring six part-timers rather than 3 full-timers. That way, employers got out of having to pay benefits, like medical and vacation.

This is the country you want to live in? There ARE no good blue-collar full-time jobs out there unless you're lucky enough to work for one of the few remaining employers with a union.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:59 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Dirty little secret, Patricia.......minimum wage is NOT intended to be something on which you raise a family. It is for entry-level work. You're not supposed to stay there. The unions started falling apart because they insist on MORE pay and MORE benefits for doing LESS work at a time when others are just grateful to have work at all. They've been so out of touch with the rest of the workforce conditions it's pathetic. They want new chrome or gold for their Cadillacs while everyone around them rides second-hand bicycles....or, worse yet, Priuses. They are obsolete dinosaurs in the reality of the global economy. I know things aren't what they used to be, they are becoming what they are going to be. You can't expect that things will go back to the "good, old days." They won't. Change or get left behind. You get to decide.....you just don't get to dictate.
If you really wanted businesses to stay here, employ American citizens, provide benefits, pay good wages, etc. you would have voted differently. The libs are doing everything they can to punish businesses. Higher corporate tax rates than the rest of the world, crippling over-regulation, sweetheart tariffs deals with China, unrealistic EPA standards, shutting down energy providers, to name a few. Why should they want to stay here? Why should they want to run a hobby that only pays hobby wages instead of a business with actual profits? The left really hardsells this class warfare stuff. It's biting the hand that signs your checks...... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:53 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:
Philly miss-spoke. DEMOCRATIC or minority voter fraud is rare ..... REPUBLICAN voter fraud is taking place as we speak! LOL!

Why is it these "photo ID nuts" are not concerned about "voting machine tampering"?

Rhetorical question.

How come if voter fraud is only Republican that Republican's want you to prove that you're legally allowed to vote? How come every state that Romney won in required voter ID and how come every state that Obama won in didn't require ID and had a higher percentage of votes than registered voters?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:53 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Phillygirl wrote:

While I agree we should fine people employing illegals, what about those that take advantage of the legals as well, paying them slave wages and depriving Americans of jobs?

This where I part ways. While you can try to blame this on the liberals wanting the Hispanic vote, the fact is, the 1%ers and constantly victimized "small businesses" are the biggest employers of legal and illegals immigrants who will work for pennies on the dollar compared to an American.

Now here's some food for thought. How much do you think you'd be paying for that grocery store head of lettuce if it were picked by an "American" worker, making minimum wage? Smithfield farms (for most of your ham/ pork needs) can only get illegals from Mexico to work for them, and every few years, THE COMPANY itself calls the authorities on a certain number of (hand picked) workers who are then arrested and deported. Smithfield throws them a bone, they get their illegals quota, and all is well. Nice! How many Americans want to pick produce for a living? Hot, back breaking labor, day after day, low pay, with no toilets, so they have to poop and pee in the produce fields. I don't know any Americans that want to do that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:34 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Sounds quite "organic"......maybe Stony would! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:51 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Tigereye said:
Quote:
Dirty little secret, Patricia.......minimum wage is NOT intended to be something on which you raise a family. It is for entry-level work. You're not supposed to stay there.

Well, duh! Unfortunately, that's exactly where the powers that be want us to be.
Tigereye said:
Quote:
The unions started falling apart because they insist on MORE pay and MORE benefits for doing LESS work at a time when others are just grateful to have work at all. They've been so out of touch with the rest of the workforce conditions it's pathetic. They want new chrome or gold for their Cadillacs while everyone around them rides second-hand bicycles....or, worse yet, Priuses. They are obsolete dinosaurs in the reality of the global economy. I know things aren't what they used to be, they are becoming what they are going to be. You can't expect that things will go back to the "good, old days." They won't. Change or get left behind. You get to decide.....you just don't get to dictate.

That's all a bunch of bull. The unions have been making concessions since the air traffic controller strike. I don't know any of my husband's friends who were driving high end cars. And you may call them dinosaurs, but they are what men fought and died for back early 1900s because workers were dying right and left, carried home and dumped on their doorstep with no compensation. I guess that's were you want us to go back to. Uniions are the only thing keeping any decent wages here. Without them, the worker has no rights whatsoever.

Quote:
If you really wanted businesses to stay here, employ American citizens, provide benefits, pay good wages, etc. you would have voted differently. The libs are doing everything they can to punish businesses. Higher corporate tax rates than the rest of the world, crippling over-regulation, sweetheart tariffs deals with China, unrealistic EPA standards, shutting down energy providers, to name a few. Why should they want to stay here? Why should they want to run a hobby that only pays hobby wages instead of a business with actual profits? The left really hardsells this class warfare stuff. It's biting the hand that signs your checks...... :roll:

Corporations are blackmailing this country. DO you really think businesses can't afford to make a little less profit in order to pay decent wages and benefits? Why is it that the little guy is the one expected to make all the difference? And just what WAS Romney's job plan? Trickle down? We've tried that three times and three times it FAILED!

I guess you think Vanderbilt, Rockefeller, Carnegie and JP Morgan were all just hard-working honest entrepreneurs. In fact, they were ruthless, heartless men who weren't satisfied to have the equivalent of billions and billions of dollars in the mid-1800s and early 1900s, they wanted it ALL! And at the cost of their worker's lives.

Our founders did not intend capitalism to mean a small minority owned everything.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:00 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Shadow wrote:
Phillygirl wrote:

Now here's some food for thought. How much do you think you'd be paying for that grocery store head of lettuce if it were picked by an "American" worker, making minimum wage? Smithfield farms (for most of your ham/ pork needs) can only get illegals from Mexico to work for them, and every few years, THE COMPANY itself calls the authorities on a certain number of (hand picked) workers who are then arrested and deported. Smithfield throws them a bone, they get their illegals quota, and all is well. Nice! How many Americans want to pick produce for a living? Hot, back breaking labor, day after day, low pay, with no toilets, so they have to poop and pee in the produce fields. I don't know any Americans that want to do that.

That's a tired old song. Saying Americans don't want those jobs is saying Americans don't want to work. And that's not true. There are plenty of homeless people who'd gladly do this kind of work. And I'm not talking about the homeless who live on the street, I'm talking about workers who've lost their jobs and are in shelters or living with relatives with wives and children. Also, what's wrong with sending our teenagers out for a month every summer for some good old-fashioned labor? At decent wages, of course.

This argument that we can't pay our workers a decent wage because the corporations will leave the country is nothing but accepting blackmail. Just WHAT do people expect families to live on?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:12 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Americans do NOT want certain jobs! The door was left WIDE OPEN for illegal immigrants. That is why they first came here. Dunkirk NY, Fredonia NY, LARGE Puerta Rican population....Why? Welch's onetime large fruit and grape processing plant, Welch's jams and Jellies. Lots of fruit to be picked, etc. Started way before I was born. Never saw any white Americans picking fruit, except when my mom took us, and that was just for fun.

So many Americans need to develope and back bone instead of a wishbone!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:25 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

JeffT wrote:
How come if voter fraud is only Republican that Republican's want you to prove that you're legally allowed to vote? How come every state that Romney won in required voter ID and how come every state that Obama won in didn't require ID and had a higher percentage of votes than registered voters?

Thanks to all of us who are paying attention, the machines that did show votes being switched from Obama to Romney, were discovered and advertised on the internet. They were eventually taken out of service.

The republicans cheat by rigging the machines and by discounting Democratic voters.

ID is ALWAYS required to register to vote. Every single one of us provided acceptable ID when we registered to vote. I even had to sign my name next to where I signed the year before. Just like I have been doing for the past 20 years or so.

There were, as far as I witnessed, no bus loads of n*ggers Obama shipped up from Pittsburgh to vote in our polling places in Bradford like I hear about all the time. It just don't happen.

"and had a higher percentage of votes than registered voters?" That is a lie unless you can provide us with factual evidence.

Ohio in 2004 was the last time I heard stuff like that and it was the REPUBLICANS who did that, not the democrats.

BTW JeffT, did you see buss loads of Obama Pittsburgh n*ggers in Bradford?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next