It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: State Police in Bradford
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:53 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I was wrong, it was GA that I beat that ticket. Operators of speed measuring equipment must be visible for 500' from either direction in that state. The one in PA was thrown out because the radar gun hadn't been calibrated for over 2 years. They must be calibrated every year and the officer using must be certified every year. Good thing I keep all records on file. In PA only troopers are allowed to use radar to write tickets. Local jurisdictions are not allowed radar to write the ticket but can use it to determine speed for other reasons. Troopers using speed sensing devices in PA must have their marker lights on if at night.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:55 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Just wanted to bump this post and reinterate my sentiments on low life drug dealers.... "If i may make an observation, it looks like the one thing everybody agrees on regardless of where you stand on the police issue, is that everybody wants to see the outsider drug dealing lowlifes sent packing. I have heard vague rumors of vigilante groups forming to combat this problem. I dont really have a problem with who gets rid of them, as long as their gone. I think authorities could certainly make it extremely "uncomfortable" for them to operate until they gather enough proof to bust/deport/export these maggots. I for one am sick of seeing them, and its pretty obvious when you see a couple of black guys heading downtown mid afternoon wearing their colors and other costume items (sideways hats, ass dragging pants) that they are not going to work in the conventional sense. They stand out like black squirrels in a white tree. I recently had vindication that the black guy parked in my driveway the other night in his Cadillac full of young girls, waiting for one to "run an errand" was indeed from N.Y. state (and im not talking Limestone). He must just have just been lost? Lets add black Buffalo drug dealers to our upcoming clean up day. Just label a few dumpsters."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:04 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Speaking of State Police in Bradford ...... Here is a practical question concerning the State Police.

I was wondering ...... can a town or city have a neighborhood watch in conjunction with the State Police?

When I drive through small towns (like Wilcox), some have "neighborhood watch" signs and they don't have a town or local police force ..... so I figger they must have an arrangement with the State Police? Or how does that work?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:56 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Good question Stony.. "the one thing everybody agrees on regardless of where you stand on the police issue, is that everybody wants to see the outsider drug dealing lowlifes sent packing." I guess everybody except those involved in the distribution and/or use of said drugs. Almost everyone i know has a "suspected" drug user or dealer on their block or down the street. Apparently authorities are also wise to these guys, and are amassing sufficient evidence against them to put them out of business. This takes time, months or years sometimes. In the mean time how many drugs end up in the community and how much crime occurs that is associated with said drugs? How many young people end up hooked on these drugs, sometimes for life? Erradicating all of the people involved in the drug trade should be every communitys top priority. I found this definition of "probable cause" and while i am no expert on the law, it would seem to be applicable to a lot of situations where if "it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, its probably a duck..." Probable cause; When there are grounds for suspicion that a person has committed a crime or misdemeanor, and public justice and the good of the community require that the matter should be examined, there is said to be a probable cause for, making a charge against the accused, however malicious the intention of the accuser may have been. And probable cause will be presumed till the contrary appears. Just sayin.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:29 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:10 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:
Speaking of State Police in Bradford ...... Here is a practical question concerning the State Police.

I was wondering ...... can a town or city have a neighborhood watch in conjunction with the State Police?

When I drive through small towns (like Wilcox), some have "neighborhood watch" signs and they don't have a town or local police force ..... so I figger they must have an arrangement with the State Police? Or how does that work?

You don't need to have to police involved at all until later in the "game". You simply organize a group of citizens, have meetings once in a while to discuss things, and you keep an eye on things. If you see something illegal or suspicious, then you call the police. The only reason police have become more involved lately is to push organizing against crime and taking back neighborhoods.

Being involved in a neighborhood watch is neither supervised nor dependent upon any police officer. It just takes some concern and initiative.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7