It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: The Trinidad Connection.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:07 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Bernie wrote:
Shadow wrote:
Welcome to BT, Brandon. Sorry things are not going well for you and your family. Bradford has had a huge influx of drug dealers in the last 6 years or so, so jumping to conclusions of newcomers is becoming the norm. I hope the person at the High school continues to listen and help you. Don't give up!

I don't really understand what being a newcomer has to do with Brandon's family being singled out as possible drug dealers. I mean, can you look at him and have an obvious visual association with a bar owner or does he resemble someone in the insurance business or maybe he looks like his father might be a pharmacist? Those are all links to the illicit drug business in Bradford's not so distant past. What is it about Brandon that raises the eyebrows of suspicion?

Since I don't know Brandon, and don't know what he looks like, I cannot answer this question. By his own admission, he says he is new to the area, and is being singled out. Does being from Trinidad make you a certain color or race? There are many newcomers in Bradford these days, many of them white. They walk our Main street day and night. Since Bradford has a shortage of good paying jobs, It is puzzling to see so many new faces. Here is my question.....aside from Pitt students, how many black ppl living in Bradford have a job in Bradford?
I guess the posts after mine have cleared that up for some.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:47 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

I just hope the people of Bradford are making life uncomfortable for the real thugs who ARE down here from Buffalo or up from Pittsburgh dealing drugs in our town! The ones who *for some odd reason* seem to be operating here with impunity! Lets hope they are at least feeling a little heat.

This town is small. Small enough to know who is here to go to college, who is here to work a good job, and who is here to deal drugs.

Mr Fox who is shooting up the neighborhood at 4:40AM with an illegal handgun is not here to seek employment at Zippo, or to further his college education!

The police did a great job taking him off our streets. But he was only one of many!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:50 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Whomever owns the garage adjacent to Fairway Ford, it is in my opinion, a total eyesore, and looks like something you might see in East L.A. The grafitti that is painted all over the front of it is visible from the street, and should be removed immediately before it spreads. Didnt we pass an anti grafitti ordinance about the time we passed the shopping cart ordinance? Between the appearance of it and the smoke rolling out, its a fine addition to the East Bradford business district. Where is our civic pride?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:47 am 
Novice
Novice

http://1490newsblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/several-plead-to-drug-charges.html

Rennie Gobin - Just another hard working, local, respectable businessman who is being picked on by "The Man". Poor uncle Rennie. I'm sure this must have been a setup.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:21 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular