It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Voter ID Protest
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:34 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Flashback wrote:
Anyone without a valid photo ID by now should be ashamed at their own lack of action. Pathetic that liberals still see this is blocking people from voting.

I don't drive, and for years I didn't have a legit photo ID. When they started the state ids, I immediately got one. However, there are many people, especially the elderly, for whom this process is daunting.

Yes, people should have ID, but to force them to get ID they have to pay for in order to vote is a poll tax and unconstitutional. If they want people to have photo ID in order to vote, it must be able to be procured free of charge.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:37 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

ryanclose wrote:

Thank you for proving our point. All the malfunctioning machines I've heard about are slued for Romney.

'Splain, Ricky.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:52 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

I hope you sent this to all your local news networks. And to Philly.com.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

By the Way, Tiger, more details about this:

By the way, Philly, I heard on the news that Republican voting officials have been turned away from the polling places they were supposed to serve today by the usual leftist thugs. Fortunately, some fair-minded judge(where did you get HIM?) ordered they be allowed back in to do their duty. Gotta love those Philadelphia politics. Paragons of fairness and virtue....... :roll:

...came out in today's paper.

Most of these republican inspector spots had been vacant for YEARS. What happens then is the dems appoint someone to fill the spot, natch a dem. When these republican inspectors swooped down on the polls yesterday, 300 no less, no one was expecting them. Perhaps the republican party in Philly should stop being so lazy and let the machine know they were coming before election morning.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:47 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Could be these inspectors haven't been NEEDED in years until this bunch started harassing voters in the last election.

And....."swooped"? Did they come down in Stony's black helicopters? No RSVP was required. They were following the law, as was their right and their duty. I'll BET no one was expecting them! What? Someone wants to actually hold us accountable? Doesn't sound democratic to us......... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:28 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

tigereye wrote:
Could be these inspectors haven't been NEEDED in years until this bunch started harassing voters in the last election.

And....."swooped"? Did they come down in Stony's black helicopters? No RSVP was required. They were following the law, as was their right and their duty. I'll BET no one was expecting them! What? Someone wants to actually hold us accountable? Doesn't sound democratic to us......... :lol:

Oh, so now you're saying that Philly's polls were honest all these years -- until now? Or even the last election? No, this was part of the Turzai "voter ID law is going to allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania" mindset that brought about that law.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/1 ... 94069.html

Quite frankly, I was FOR voter ID, until this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOT1bRYdK8

I then saw it for what it really was -- an attempt to suppress the vote in Philly and Pittsburgh, where most of the minorities in PA live and who always go blue.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:44 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

HMMMM, just a weird coincidence or is it more than that?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:03 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Chuckle.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:34 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Bernie wrote:
HMMMM, just a weird coincidence or is it more than that?

Good find Bernie. And actually I've seen that map from 1860 before ... or another version of it. But on another map that big white area in the mid-west from Mexico to Canada is labeled as "Mexico". That huge area back in 1860 was filled with MEXICANS! THAT is why some of them feel compelled to RETURN here!

The "right-wing wing-nuts" are so wrong trying to keep them out!

Bernie, if I may ...... How does this factor in?

Attachment:
ronald.jpg
ronald.jpg [ 30.46 KiB | Viewed 801 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:39 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony, under those terms, everyone in this country is entitled to go back to their land of ancestry and take it over. For that matter, let's put a "native american" (which there is no such thing because even THEY came across the Bering Strait), in the White House and turn the country back over to them. Sorry, doesn't work that way.

And I don't mind if Mexicans come here LEGALLY! Problem is, most are not. I am not left-leaning enough to believe that people who came here illegally, jumping the line ahead of those trying to get in legally, should be cut any slack.

And while it's sad for the kids they dragged over the border with them, I also don't think they should be able to attend US colleges unless they pay full freight. There are American kids who need those slots and their parents pay a lot more taxes. And if it can be proven that someone came here for the sole purpose of giving birth so that that child will be a citizen (and Tiger, I think you know whereof I speak) that woman and child should be put on the next bus out with NO citizenship papers for either of them. That's fraud.

This issue is one on which I vehemently disagree with Obama.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:30 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Yes, Philly, I am only too aware of the repercussions of illegal immigration. WE are paying for their health care, their education, their food, their transportation, their children, AND their share of income taxes, in the vast majority of cases. Of the money they earn by taking an American's place in the workforce, a large portion is sent back to Mexico to support their family members there! No taxes paid....no income reported....no contribution to the society that they feed off. They clutter up our airwaves with Spanish, making us print EVERYTHING in their language rather than bothering to learn even conversational English. They often have 6 to 8 breadwinners per house allowing them to have a great deal more discretionary income than comparably employed Americans. They bring their drugs, their gangs, their graffiti, their loud music, as if we don't have enough of those things already. They demand to be represented in our city councils, our legislature, our school boards, etc. They claim WE are racist if we ask them for I.D. for voting, making a purchase, or renting a property. All this on top of the fact that they DON'T BELONG HERE! Many say that, sure, they came here illegality many years ago, but they haven't been in any trouble with the law, they just want a better life for their families, etc.
EXCUSE ME! Every single day they are here, they are breaking the law! There is no expiration on the statute of limitations on a crime if you commit it EVERY DAY.

So....how to fix it? BUILD THE BLASTED FENCE ALREADY! Deport or imprison every illegal alien. This will create many job openings for unemployed Americans, including staff positions in the prisons. Enforce the immigration laws we already have. Change the law regarding "anchor babies." Give them ALL a "path to citizenship" that leads back to their own country and to the end of the line of those applying for citizenship legally. Heavily fine anyone employing illegals. Allow the border states to protect their borders without federal interference. Recruit and seriously ARM border patrol agents. Stop allowing illegals access to social services, education, and non-emergency health care. If the things they came here for weren't so accessible to them, they would be less inclined to risk getting caught. If we get serious about prosecuting and deporting them, if we make it harder to get here in the first place, if we stop rewarding them when they DO get here, if we stop accommodating them in our culture, our signage, our airwaves, our businesses, our schools, and our communities, we just MIGHT be able to keep our country as a place in which WE can feel at home.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:50 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Tigereye wrote; "Stop allowing illegals access to social services, education, and non-emergency health care. If the things they came here for weren't so accessible to them, they would be less inclined to risk getting caught. If we get serious about prosecuting and deporting them, if we make it harder to get here in the first place, if we stop rewarding them when they DO get here, if we stop accommodating them in our culture, our signage, our airwaves, our businesses, our schools, and our communities, we just MIGHT be able to keep our country as a place in which WE can feel at home." I hope there is still no one around that thinks all of this is an accident..look at NAFTA, look at the UN, research things a little. this is part of someones grand plan, and it has little to do with the political theater that keeps the average short sighted american occupied.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next