It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: Get out and vote!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:27 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Well, I was intimidated into showing MY ID, but the girl who sings with me said they didn't even ask where she voted (in Bradford), so at the minimum they are applying the rules inconstantly which is wrong!

But I went along with the program, and cast a vote that negated Shadows, making her visit to the polls a total waste of time! (Sorry Shadow!)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:34 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony wrote:
Well, I was intimidated into showing MY ID, but the girl who sings with me said they didn't even ask where she voted (in Bradford), so at the minimum they are applying the rules inconstantly which is wrong!

But I went along with the program, and cast a vote that negated Shadows, making her visit to the polls a total waste of time! (Sorry Shadow!)

Don't be sorry! I got a chance to catch up with my neighbors who were signing ppl in, and some friends who were helping ppl with the voting machines. My voting site is the probably the most happy, friendly, and least crowded of all! :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:13 am 
Novice
Novice

Stony wrote:

A visit to the polls is never a waste of time. It's your duty as a citizen and too many people take it for granted. At a base level, if nothing else, it entitles you to complain for the next four years. If you didn't even bother to vote, then keep your mouth shut. I cheer Shadow for taking the time to go to the polls. And, BTW, apparently she negated your vote.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:45 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

BornToRun wrote:
And, BTW, apparently she negated your vote.

I would argue that he cancelled out HER vote. After all, the state isn't red, and not one republican vote counted for anything to help romney win the state.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:26 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

That is exactly my point Neo! At least you got it.

Let me try to clear it up using FACTS!

Obama won! Romney lost!

All the effort and money spent to elect Romney FAILED!

Therefore voting for Romney was a waste of time, money, effort, and VOTES!

Every single Obama voted counted to help him win the election. Every single Romney voted FAILED to get him elected!

MY time, effort and money was rewarded with a win for my candidate, while Shadows vote as well as her time and effort and money if she was foolish enough to contribute, was wasted.

She didn't cancel my vote, because my vote counted and worked to elect my candidate!

My vote counted! Hers did not!

Romney would have lost just the same had Shadow not casted her vote! Therefore her vote didn't matter!

She went to the polls for nothing.

I went to the polls to help elect our president!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:58 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Stony said:
Quote:
When I vote for Jill Stein over Obama it's not because I believe she will win over Obama and Romney (Obama in white skin!), but it's because she is the one I believe most deserves MY vote. It's called voting your conscience. I decided to not vote for Obama because of all the innocent people he killed with his drones.

Then Stony said:
Quote:
MY time, effort and money was rewarded with a win for my candidate, while Shadows vote as well as her time and effort and money if she was foolish enough to contribute, was wasted.

That means that Jill Stein must have won, or your conscience isn't worth a hoot!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:47 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

Well, I was fooled by those lying republicans like Karl Rove and company who said that Romney was GOING TO WIN Pennsylvania.

I decided to hold my nose and vote for Obama, that murdering thug after all.

My conscience told me that if Romney was president, HE would murder many more people than Obama ever will. He guaranteed to increase military spending WAY more than our military even wants and a lot of that money would be spent on even more drones.

So, by my reasoning, by selecting between the two viable candidates ...... choosing between Obama who murders several people with drones or Romney who would most definitely have murdered thousands, tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands with drones, I am saving the lives of innocent people.

Jill Stein, had no chance of winning.

Our choice was between a murderer and someone who would most certainly be a mass murderer.

I picked the lesser of the two evils. The less evil one!
We probably won't be bombing Iran any time soon. (saving even more lives) (American and Iranian)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:51 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Know what people, WE'RE AT WAR! Remember 911?

Would you have condemned FDR for bombing Dresden and Japan to end WWII? Yes, so-called "innocent" people die in wartime. But are they really innocent, such as those Germans who supported Hitler or those Muslims who danced in the streets on 911?

So sad about the drone bombings. And that's the way it goes.

BTW, a Pakastani couple killed their 15-year old daughter with acid this week because she looked at a boy. Do I lose sleep worrying about killing these kinds of people? Not a wink.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:03 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

So it looks like you did vote your conscience. Imagine how your conscience would feel if Romney won and started WW3?

The liberal media knew Obama had it in the bag, but downplayed it and made it look close in order to get people to turn out for the President. Had they said he was guaranteed to win, people might have stayed home content Obama would still win.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:43 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

I agree Neo. That is also why Obama who could mop the floor with Romney or anybody he debates with any time he wants, threw the first debate. They knew he had to motivate his base.

If you go back and read my posts before the first debate I even called it. He wanted to be, and needed to be seen as the underdog. He, and the liberal media played it well!

And the liberal media ended up with hundreds of millions of Republican dollars! LOL!

Rachael Maddow says the number is actually one billion dollars!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:15 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

Phillygirl wrote:
Know what people, WE'RE AT WAR! Remember 911?

Would you have condemned FDR for bombing Dresden and Japan to end WWII? Yes, so-called "innocent" people die in wartime. But are they really innocent, such as those Germans who supported Hitler or those Muslims who danced in the streets on 911?

So sad about the drone bombings. And that's the way it goes.

BTW, a Pakastani couple killed their 15-year old daughter with acid this week because she looked at a boy. Do I lose sleep worrying about killing these kinds of people? Not a wink.

Same here.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:35 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

To hear SOME of you tell it, a few hundred drones could level Bradford and cause several hundred million dollars worth of improvements! :lol: