It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Did You Get Your Drivers License Out Of A Cracker Jack Box?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:41 pm 

Quote:
Article Title: Did all of Bradford's drivers get their license out of a Cracker Jack box?
Category: FORUM: ASK BT

Article:
Why is it that nobody knows what to do at a four way stop sign intersection. And not just scummy looking vehicles but newer expensive looking cars, trucks and even business vehicles. It seems like 90% of the drivers on the road do not really know how to drive.

Bradford citizens, why is it that you will not learn how to drive properly?

Post subject: Re: Did You Get Your Drivers License Out Of A Cracker Jack B
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:19 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

When I was learning to drive, some 50 years ago, I remember my Dad saying to me
"if you can drive in Bradford, you can drive anywhere". :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:59 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

If Pennsylvania was more concerned with peoples actual ability to drive and not parallel park, I'm sure there would be less idiots on the road. As for the state of New York, after one drive to Buffalo, I called NYDot to find out what their licensing requirements were because 99% of the people in the state drive like a-holes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:46 pm 
Novice
Novice

I have lived all over the US & the absolute worst drivers live here, if you have 6,8,10, cars behind you you are going to slow. Try pulling over, obviously your not in a hurry, try doing the speed limit, thats all i ask or get off the road

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:37 pm 
Novice
Novice

That number on the signs? That is a MAXIMUM speed allowed. Not just a good idea. It is a law. A law that is obviously not enforced on many. But the problem is that it IS enforced on the few. So the few decide to not get any tickets by NEVER speeding NEVER. Not EVER.

And as long as you are going the speed limit, it really doesn't matter. You are not impeding traffic flow by obeying the law, no matter how inconvenient to the 20 speeders behind you. Try leaving on time. Going the speed limit does not make us the worst drivers ever anywhere you have been. It just means you rush all over the nation like an a-hole and blaming everyone else except yourself for being late.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:42 am 
Novice
Novice

I posted in june for people to just do the speed limit and i will be happy, in october you reply. talk about slow. It is alot more challenging to drive in a big city, L.A .for example, a good example in bradford is bolivar dr. or from Worth W. Smith to Value the speed limit is 35 mph if you find yourself driving there and your not doing 35 get out of the way. I ask no person to speed Just do the speed limit. I followed a driver from Walmart to Mechanic st. and never topped 15, thats exactly what i am talking about. Have a nice day.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:01 pm 
Novice
Novice

Well I did sit behind someone at the Post Office today at the exit. The exit is clearly marked "Right Turn ONLY".

But they wanted to turn left at about 4:40PM. Traffic backed up from the stop sign clear past the YMCA and they were not going to turn right. NO WAY. NO MATTER. Not even if the crazy guy behind them was hollering at them to read the sign and go right!!