It is currently Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:05 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:22 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Quote:
An unscientific survey by Hunch, a site that makes recommendations based on detailed user preferences, found that Mac users tend to be younger, more liberal, more fashion-conscious and more likely to live in cities than people who prefer PCs.

Well, I have, and have always had, Macs. I am well over 65 years old, conservative, wear jeans and a tee shirt most of the time, and live on top of a mountain in North Carolina. But, then again, they didn't ask me in the survey.

Interesting, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:36 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
Guitar wrote:
Quote:
An unscientific survey by Hunch, a site that makes recommendations based on detailed user preferences, found that Mac users tend to be younger, more liberal, more fashion-conscious and more likely to live in cities than people who prefer PCs.

Well, I have, and have always had, Macs. I am well over 65 years old, conservative, wear jeans and a tee shirt most of the time, and live on top of a mountain in North Carolina. But, then again, they didn't ask me in the survey.

Interesting, though.

From the same article:

The results suggest Mac users can be seen, depending on your perspective, as bolder and more creative -- or elitist and more pretentious.

"I fit the typical Mac user on every count. Guess I'm not as unique as I thought. Depressing," wrote one commenter on Hunch's blog.

I made that same point several posts ago. They all think they are being individualists, but they are just another flock of sheep, worshiping an inferior product line!

"Apple has ridden the success of such high-profile products as the iPad and iPhone 4 to become the world's most highly valued tech company. Despite that hot streak, Hunch found that slightly more people in its new report -- 52%, up from 50% a year and a half ago -- now identify themselves as PC users".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:22 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
To note on my thread a few posts ago, I passed my OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion Exam on Friday!! I passed the exam the first day people were allowed to take the test. On to the next one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:42 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
musicman wrote:
To note on my thread a few posts ago, I passed my OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion Exam on Friday!! I passed the exam the first day people were allowed to take the test. On to the next one.

That's great musicman, your one step closer to becoming a glorified “Apple Genius” and helping Apple customers figure out how to open an app, take a photo or send email.

Attachments:
apple-genius.jpg
apple-genius.jpg [ 26.69 KiB | Viewed 4999 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:31 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
I have no issues charging customers my consulting rate of $125/hr to show then how to open email or apps. No issues at all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:56 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
MM- spend some of that easy cash on grammar lessons!

And maybe you should tell them to buy PC's so they wont need help from experts to do simple tasks the rest of the (non-Apple) world can do!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:53 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Ah yes, revert back to the old correcting on the grammar when you are unable to point out anything else that is wrong. For you Stony I present this:

I really make more on PC users who like to play the free games on Facebook and they end up with spyware/viruses.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:12 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Quote:
. Bradford Code Enforcement was a failure by anybodies measure.

This above, from someone who says this:

Quote:
MM- spend some of that easy cash on grammar lessons!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:05 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Stony wrote:
And maybe you should tell them to buy PC's so they wont need help from experts to do simple tasks the rest of the (non-Apple) world can do!

Stony, in their new ads, Apple is basically admitting their customers aren't smart enough to figure out how to do simple stuff, they would be lost using a PC, even with an experts help.

Apple claims their products are really easy to use yet their customers still need a “Genius” to explain how to do simple tasks. The easier it is to use an Apple product, the dumber their customers get. Thanks to how easy it is to use Apple products, people who could have never learned to use a PC or Android now have a chance to learn how to do basic things on Apple's products, with the help of a “Genius” of course.