All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:05 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Guitar wrote:
Quote:
The above quote I do find sorta funny. So Stony wants to be a so called individualist, does not want to follow the flock or go with the crowd. But I bet he uses the most used OS around Windows and uses a PC which is still the most used computer. I say that is following the crowd.

You are correct, Musicman. He lives in town, with the crowd. He drives a petroleum powered vehicle, wIth the crowd. He gets his gas and electric from the local utility companies, (I think he manufactures some small amount of solar) with the crowd. He gets groceries from the grocery store, or maybe Walmart (he seems to be there a lot!) with the crowd.

His favorite band is probably Crowded House! LOL!!!

I believe stony's point is that THEY, the fanboys think THEY are the non-conformists, individuals using products outside of the mainstream. He was being sarcastic saying HE wanted to be like a fanboy.

But lets face it. Apple's iPhone, iPad and iPods are where Apple makes their money, either with them or media that goes with them. So the majority of Apple product users are using one of these devices. iOS makes up 70% of Apples profits.

http://www.lovefortech.com/2011/04/28/h ... m-iphones/

http://www.asymco.com/2011/01/25/ios-en ... ss-margin/

It's true that Android passed iPhone in market share, that market (Android) is made up of how many devices by how many companies? You can't compare an OS to a device, compared to other devices alone, Apples iPhone beats out all others.

http://www.loopinsight.com/2011/04/28/t ... ket-share/

iPad is in first place on Tablets too, again you can't compare an OS to a device..

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/14/app ... shipments/

And iPods are Apple's quiet monopoly.
http://kensegall.com/blog/2011/03/ipod- ... -monopoly/

So in the end, stony was right, fanboys believe THEY are non-conformist, individuals. In reality, they are drones going along with the crowd.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ple-fanboy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:38 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
You guys are too funny! Ill informed, but funny none-the-less!

MM- YOU of all people should understand what Microsoft did for the internet and communications.

Nearly everybody thinks (incorrectly) that it was sheer greed that drove Mr Gates into making the best, most widely used OS on the internet. But rather he was one of the few, original visionaries in the very early stages of the internet who thought that if everybody was going to connect with each other, all the computers, and "the internet" needed to "speak the same language". It wasn't greed so much as it was his desire to have a functioning internet where we could all interface our systems and talk to each other. Where would we be or what would the internet look like if all the different brands had their own internet or only spoke their own language (I'm paraphrasing here)? What if only Apple computers could interface with other Apple computers? Remember the VHS, Sony Beta-max fiasco in the video rental business back in the day? It would be like that if the internet was not standardized and every computer manufacturer had a proprietary operating system or spoke a language (digitally!) that only the same brand computers could communicate with.

Some of you talk about it like there is just Apple VS PC, but PC represents HUNDREDS OR THOUSANDS of different computer manufacturers.

My own computer for example, was built by me out of different brand components. Nearly anybody and everybody with a little computer know how now a days can build their own PC and they are nearly all different!

You can run a computer built on the PC platform and not be loyal, bound, or restricted to any particular brand or model.

"We" (those who build our own computers) do have more choices and more room to be an individualist than those "locked into" Apple brand computers.

And I never said that my goal was to be an individualist, but most "Apple drones" who flock to their products think that they are being individualist by using a computer that is not your average PC. It's them and you that are trying to be an individualist, not us PC people.

We just want functioning computers that play well with others! LOL!

[] know [] what* I mean[] ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:42 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
LOL! Neo and I typed a similar post at the same time!

Thanks Neo!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:15 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Are you still an AppleHead, neo?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:06 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Well I thought you guys and girls would like this, especially Stony

Passed my first Mac OSX Lion exam. On to the next one

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:16 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Stony wrote:
You guys are too funny! Ill informed, but funny none-the-less!

MM- YOU of all people should understand what Microsoft did for the internet and communications.

Nearly everybody thinks (incorrectly) that it was sheer greed that drove Mr Gates into making the best, most widely used OS on the internet. But rather he was one of the few, original visionaries in the very early stages of the internet who thought that if everybody was going to connect with each other, all the computers, and "the internet" needed to "speak the same language". It wasn't greed so much as it was his desire to have a functioning internet where we could all interface our systems and talk to each other. Where would we be or what would the internet look like if all the different brands had their own internet or only spoke their own language (I'm paraphrasing here)? What if only Apple computers could interface with other Apple computers? Remember the VHS, Sony Beta-max fiasco in the video rental business back in the day? It would be like that if the internet was not standardized and every computer manufacturer had a proprietary operating system or spoke a language (digitally!) that only the same brand computers could communicate with.

Some of you talk about it like there is just Apple VS PC, but PC represents HUNDREDS OR THOUSANDS of different computer manufacturers.

My own computer for example, was built by me out of different brand components. Nearly anybody and everybody with a little computer know how now a days can build their own PC and they are nearly all different!

You can run a computer built on the PC platform and not be loyal, bound, or restricted to any particular brand or model.

"We" (those who build our own computers) do have more choices and more room to be an individualist than those "locked into" Apple brand computers.

And I never said that my goal was to be an individualist, but most "Apple drones" who flock to their products think that they are being individualist by using a computer that is not your average PC. It's them and you that are trying to be an individualist, not us PC people.

We just want functioning computers that play well with others! LOL!

[] know [] what* I mean[] ?

Stony,
You have seem to be misinformed. You must just zone out when Apple news comes along. For years now MAC's have used Intel Processors. You can build what they call a hackintosh. A computer running MACOS using stock parts. I think also to be the individualist you would have to build everything from scratch (processor, memory, hard drive, OS, etc..etc..etc..) then I would consider you an individualist. I bet Sarah Palin uses a PC ;)

Stony I have to admit now you are correct, I just found out I am what you would can an individualist. Follow the link below and type in Olean NY or Bradford PA for a search for all people who are certified by Apple. I am the only one, so you got me there. Yes I am an individualist I guess.

https://i7lp.integral7.com/durango/do/pr/prSearch?ownername=apple&basechannel=default&channel=apple

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:56 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
musicman didnt you say you had kids? how did that ever happen? could you be a bigger geek seriously?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:04 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Quote:
Resident Taxpayer said: musicman didnt you say you had kids? how did that ever happen? could you be a bigger geek seriously?

Good time management? Potent sperm? Multitasking?

(Sorry musicman, couldn't resist!)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:57 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Resident Taxpayer wrote:
musicman didnt you say you had kids? how did that ever happen? could you be a bigger geek seriously?

Yes I have 1 child and I am happily married. See unlike most of the people out there complaining there are no jobs I am doing something about it instead of complaining about it. Trust me there are way bigger geeks out there than me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:57 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Guitar wrote:
Quote:
Resident Taxpayer said: musicman didnt you say you had kids? how did that ever happen? could you be a bigger geek seriously?

Good time management? Potent sperm? Multitasking?

(Sorry musicman, couldn't resist!)

Mutitasking would be the one for me..lol...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:31 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
More Apple news:

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/futuresport/201201/ipitch-apple-prepares-bid-epl-tv-rights

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:13 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
This is interesting.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-04-22/tech ... _s=PM:TECH