http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:13 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Cute!

Here's another Apple fact:

According to the latest daily statement from the U.S. Treasury, the government had an operating cash balance of $73.8 billion at the end of the day yesterday.
Apple's last earnings report (PDF here) showed that the company had $76.2 billion in cash and marketable securities at the end of June.
In other words, the world's largest tech company has more cash than the world's largest sovereign government.
That's because Apple collects more money than it spends, while the U.S. government does not.

This seems to fly in the face of a post here about Apple being "Doomed to failure." It also shows how ineptly the government is operated. (Like you NEED to be told this.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:48 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
So, Apple has HUGE profits. Guess the cartoon is on the right track. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:16 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
Hey Stony, show em the ballistics report. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:57 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
What it's like to own an Apple product....... Yes! I too want to be a unique, non-conforming, individualist by flocking to an Apple store to go along with the crowd, and buy Apple products!

I can be different just like all the other millions and millions of drones who worship Apple, and buy all their products like good little minions!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:17 am 

City:
ZIP:
I will be moving back to the land of my birth next year, and was curious to see if an iPhone actually works in the back woods of north central and north west PA. I guess because of some of the acerbic responses regarding Apple, the answer is "yes".

Is this true? There really is 3G service in Bradford and the surrounding area? Maps of coverage from both AT&T and Verizon show huge holes in their 3G coverage in north central and north west PA.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:18 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Well according to Stony Apple products will never do good. They will fail and will not succeed.

But if you are looking for 3G Service Olean has it, Bradford does not for ATT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:40 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
musicman wrote:
Well according to Stony Apple products will never do good. They will fail and will not succeed.

No, I don't believe I ever said they will never do any good, they certainly have sold a lot of product.

What bothers me about them is that I believe there are WAY too many people who blindly or foolishly worship whatever they put out! And most are what I consider to be "worthless gizmos" that people don't really need!

For example, I own a $14.00 track phone that makes calls, takes pictures, handles text messages and even connects me to the internet. $14.00 and it serves all my needs and then some. Let me know when the latest "i-whatever" sells for $14.00 and I'll buy one! And I know I'm not comparing apples to apples (pun intended!), but some of us may prefer another fruit, at a substantial difference in price point!

What I said previously, I still hold to:

Yes! I too want to be a unique, non-conforming, individualist by flocking to an Apple store to go along with the crowd, and buy Apple products!

I can be different just like all the other millions and millions of drones who worship Apple, and buy all their products like good little minions!

I really believe that people DON'T NEED to be wired to the internet or each other this intensely!

Just don't leave your i-pad sitting around me too long or I might mistaken it for an "i-wipe-ass"! And you may get to see how waterproof it may or may not be! LOL!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:38 pm 

City:
ZIP:
I hate to say this, and I say it with deep respect for all, but . . . . . .

Mr. Stony Apple, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:51 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
Ah, now there is a great post!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:59 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Stony wrote:
musicman wrote:

No, I don't believe I ever said they will never do any good, they certainly have sold a lot of product.

What bothers me about them is that I believe there are WAY too many people who blindly or foolishly worship whatever they put out! And most are what I consider to be "worthless gizmos" that people don't really need!

For example, I own a $14.00 track phone that makes calls, takes pictures, handles text messages and even connects me to the internet. $14.00 and it serves all my needs and then some. Let me know when the latest "i-whatever" sells for $14.00 and I'll buy one! And I know I'm not comparing apples to apples (pun intended!), but some of us may prefer another fruit, at a substantial difference in price point!

What I said previously, I still hold to:

Yes! I too want to be a unique, non-conforming, individualist by flocking to an Apple store to go along with the crowd, and buy Apple products!

I really believe that people DON'T NEED to be wired to the internet or each other this intensely!

Just don't leave your i-pad sitting around me too long or I might mistaken it for an "i-wipe-ass"! And you may get to see how waterproof it may or may not be! LOL!

The above quote I do find sorta funny. So Stony wants to be a so called individualist, does not want to follow the flock or go with the crowd. But I bet he uses the most used OS around Windows and uses a PC which is still the most used computer. I say that is following the crowd.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:18 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Quote:
The above quote I do find sorta funny. So Stony wants to be a so called individualist, does not want to follow the flock or go with the crowd. But I bet he uses the most used OS around Windows and uses a PC which is still the most used computer. I say that is following the crowd.

You are correct, Musicman. He lives in town, with the crowd. He drives a petroleum powered vehicle, wIth the crowd. He gets his gas and electric from the local utility companies, (I think he manufactures some small amount of solar) with the crowd. He gets groceries from the grocery store, or maybe Walmart (he seems to be there a lot!) with the crowd.

His favorite band is probably Crowded House! LOL!!!