It is currently Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:45 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:51 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
The new jailbreak for IOS 4.3.1 is out. I am mainly going to be using this to tether my Iphone to my Ipad using Mywi. Jailbreaking the Iphone is also legal as the courts ruled against Apple in a case about jailbreaking. A simple Google search will show where to grab the jailbreak from. The devices that this jailbreak works for is below:

iPhone 3G/3G[S]/4
iPod Touch 2G/3G/4
iPad
Apple TV 2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:24 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
MM, I hate to ask this ..... but can you please describe what "jailbreaking" is in real easy laymans terms so that the non-geeks among us, or even the simpletons can understand it?

Maybe even use a NASCAR analogy if possible? LOL!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:26 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Yes! This non-geek, simpleton would like to know! (NASCAR analogies are not required for me!)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:42 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
From the famous Wikipedia:

Quote:
iOS jailbreaking is a process that allows devices running Apple's iOS (also known as iPhone OS prior to iOS 4.0) operating system (such as the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and recently Apple TV) to gain full access (root access) to unlock all features of the said operating system, thereby removing limitations imposed by Apple. Once jailbroken, iOS users are able to download additional applications, extensions and themes that are unavailable through the official Apple App Store, via installers such as Cydia, one of a number of current means for older iPhones. A jailbroken iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch running iOS can still use the App Store and iTunes and other normal functions, such as making telephone calls. Jailbreaking is similar to rooting an Android device.

At its core, Jailbreaking a device gives you access to its root filesystem, allowing you to modify and install Third-party software component and modifications to that device. This allows you to be in more control of that device and allows many features that were previously unavailable without Jailbreaking that device.

Under the DMCA of 2010, jailbreaking is legal in the United States, although it voids Apple's device warranty.[1] It is also legal in many other countries including those of the EU. The jailbreaking process, however, can be quickly and easily reversed by restoring the operating system through iTunes. Cydia creator Jay Freeman estimates that more than 10% of all iPhones are jailbroken.[2]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:56 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
I got the jailbreak going. Two tips that I had to figure out. Make sure you extract the zip file to it's own folder. Reboot before applying the jailbreak. Other than that it is pretty simple to apply the jailbreak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:03 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
Oh, ok ....... so fer you NASCAR fans ..... it's sorta the same as takin' the restrictor plate out from under the carb! Or hack-sawin' your muffler off your regular car! (Geek to NASCAR translation!)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:05 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
OOPS! I forgot the simpleton translation!

It's like pullin' away from the gas pump without payin'!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:10 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Thanks! Now I understand. (Do you suppose they got my license number?)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:25 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
I am so glad those days are over.