It is currently Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:45 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:26 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
Don't sweat it MM. Mr Green Man may have even meant it as a complement! You know how those tough, goony types really need us geeks! Oh, Mr Green Man .... no offense meant by
"goony types" .... I'm trying to be descriptive, not insulting. Us geeks need tough goons sometimes too.

And I appreciate the guidance MM....... Lord knows I wouldn't want to make a cardinal mistake like calling the first "iPad" the "iPad2"! Or vise-a-versa! I'm sure they both absorb shot gun shells way differently! LOL! Perhaps you can bring one of each to the range and we can find out?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:28 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
musicman wrote:
Oh no..not the name calling..I am so hurt. Actually I do not mind being called a geek. I am sure that Stony would want to be correct in his statements and I was just doing that

I didn't like being called a geek in high school but now that I have the types of people that called me a geek working as employees I find it pretty funny.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:41 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
New App Rules Cause Ripples

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704681904576319552088421710.html

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:54 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Thanks so much Flash, for sending me to the "subscription app" for the Wall Street Journal. They must be a classy newspaper, because they charge to read their articles just like the Bradford Era! But I don't feel like spending the money to subscribe just to read the article. Maybe next time.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:59 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Link takes me right to the full article. Easy way around it though - and this works for a lot of subscription services. Copy the title and use your search provider to find it. Click on the link and it usually takes you to the full article. I know this works for all subscription only articles of the WSJ. It does not however work on any of the Bradford Era articles.

Basic nuts and bolts of apple's new rules....No app may take a person to an website to purchase something, they have to purchase directly from the app. Apple then takes a 30% cut from the vendor.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:16 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Thanks for the info, Flash!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:20 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:

Apple said companies that sell digital content such as books, movies, music and magazine subscriptions over its iPhone, iPad and other devices must make that content available for sale via an app, rather than provide a link within the app to an outside website. Apple would then take a 30 percent cut on any sale.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpps/money/apple ... z1MLNXRm4G

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:27 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
hey jefft didnt you make a post a few months ago saying you bet somebody you could post on here for a certain period and you were done and were leaving? I thought you were gone for good? just sayin.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:38 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Resident Taxpayer wrote:
hey jefft didnt you make a post a few months ago saying you bet somebody you could post on here for a certain period and you were done and were leaving? I thought you were gone for good? just sayin.

I keep getting pulled back in when I see stupidity.

Let me ask you a question now. Why do you have a problem with EVERYONE? Roid Rage? Got the picture of the Hulk because that's what you fantasize about? Or are you just mad because you were a jock in high school that works for a geek like me now?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:24 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Guitar wrote:
Thanks for the info, Flash!

Welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:35 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Flashback wrote:
How did we get from an ipad to sarah palin?

Oh yeah, they're both doomed to not succeed.

I agree stony, she's been running for a long time now. She would be the gift of a lifetime for the liberal side. They'll be greatly disappointed when she isn't nominated.

So doomed...

Statistics on the iPad:
-- 92% of Fortune 500 are testing or deploying iPad. This is in less than 18 months.
-- 95% customer satisfaction for the iPad.
-- 3 out of 4 tablets sold in the U.S are iPads.
-- iPad holds whopping 98% market share of tablets worldwide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:41 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
talk about a popular fad. everybody is jumping on that bandwagon. a nation of sheep.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next