Here is how not to use the new Apple Ipad:

The name can be very misleading!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:58 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Thanks for modelling that for us, Stony.......I was going on a diet anyway...... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:12 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eF0y0IfpPU

That is an OLD skit from MadTV... Apple = Idiots

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:22 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
Good find EVH ........ at least somebody got it.

I just hate Apple and thought at least with all those geeks working there SOMEBODY would have reconsidered the name.

I really think ALL apple or mac products should be saturated in menstrual blood until they are rendered useless! LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:22 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Quote:
I just hate Apple and thought at least with all those geeks working there SOMEBODY would have reconsidered the name.

I am curious as to why you hate Apple?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:58 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Apple... I think that *most* of their products are way over priced, and have a loyal zombie-like following.

They have a ~ 8% Computer marketshare for a reason... You cannot buy a new Apple Laptop, for example, for under right around $1000! And that would be just a basic machine.

This video (although a parody) sums up both apple, and it's followers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:26 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
Ovation wrote:
Quote:

I am curious as to why you hate Apple?

ALL my environmental and liberal friends use macs.

Besides being overpriced, their software is just junk.

There is a mac users group in Warren. The head of it, Walt Atwood, was just telling me about all the great image processing he can do on his latest mac laptop. He went into details about all the great things his photo altering program can do .... when he was done, I told him (correctly) that "dude, I was doing all that on a PC back in the LATE NINETIES"! Cropping photos, re-sizing, changing their format .... easy stuff we have been doing for ten years on a windows machine! I think I got "Photo Impact 4.2" in 1998 if I'm not mistaken .... and his brand new mac don't do anything that couldn't do.

And I just don't get why liberals flock to mac or apple. "Just to be different" is the best I can come up with.

And truth be told, Bill Gates gives more money to more liberal causes than Steve Jobes does! WTF?

And why buy a computer system that has LESS programs or applications developed for it?

Or don't you just love the websites (Bradford Era for one) that are done on a mac and you get all this garbled text or misplaced characters throughout the page? Like somebody on drugs typed it ..... (another distinct possibility).

It's almost as bad as the geeks who like Unix or Linux "just because it's different".

I can always tell a REAL true "computer geek" when his home machine runs windows!

Show me just one small thing a mac can do that you can't do on a much cheaper PC?

And seriously, WHICH is more "intuitive" to use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:51 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Quote:
Show me just one small thing a mac can do that you can't do on a much cheaper PC

If you own a Mac you can run any software for any PC in the world. And it can run Windows software simultaneously with Apple software. PC's can run only Windows software. If someone writes a PC program that you would like to use, and you have a Mac, you can run it. If there are Mac OS based programs that you would like to use, and you have a PC, well, you can still run your PC software and drool over the Apple software. And Macs run virtually virus free on the Internet.

I used to run a small LAN where I worked, and it was Apple based. It was easy to use and trouble free for years. Later a management group decided that PCs were the way to go. It was a nightmare after that and required constant tech service. I kept my Mac, and interfaced it into the network. I had NO problems in the network.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:06 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Apple service is terrible. Their software hold on their products reminds me of microsoft before the lawsuits that opened up windows. Their Iphone is a neat little gadget but it is a crappy phone. (returned mine within a week, after 2 trips to get it serviced, did not accept the new one offered because it didn't work either) Apple is currently under investigation for their software locks and expects to be sued in federal court within the next 2 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:04 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
Ovation wrote:
And it can run Windows software

Because putting windows on a mac IMPROVES the mac! Not one PC geek I ever knew put a mac operating system on a Windows machine. Nor would anybody ever want to.

I laugh when I hear Mac people brag about how their machines can now run windows stuff ..... IE, Word ....etc.

Windows machines could ALWAYS runs windows stuff! LOL!

I remember Mac ran ads bragging "now macs can run Microsoft word, just like windows can". Big deal windows always ran MS word!

And then ......"Mac can run Internet Explorer" ....... Just like a windows machine ..... only many years later!

Don't you think that speaks volumes when they alter macs to run windows, and nobody at windows is trying to convert windows or PCs to run any mac operating system?

Just because YOU got a mac system to work properly, don't mean the system is better than windows ..... many people all over the world (myself included) can get windows to run LAN's, home and office networks or even large scale networks without problems.

In order for the internet to work properly, everything has to be on the same page and "talk the same language" so as to speak.

Hopefully in the future ALL machines will run windows .... and the only difference between PC owners and Mac customers will be that the mac people spend three times the money for an inferior product!

Sorta like it is now!

Have fun with your ?!(%^&^%Mac%^&^%)!?
...... however that misplaced character thing works!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:54 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
Quote:
And then ......"Mac can run Internet Explorer" ....... Just like a windows machine ..... only many years later!

i don't know what kind of Mac users you now, but I ran Internet Explorer on my Mac in the 80's. Also Photoshop and 3D programs.

And, correct, you know no one who could put Mac software on a PC. Not because they wouldn't want to, but because it can't run it.

To put it in terms you can understand, a Mac is like a hybrid car, that can run on two fuels. A PC is "gasoline" powered!

I didn't say, anywhere in my post, that Macs were better. Simply answering your challenge of:
Quote:
Show me just one small thing a mac can do that you can't do on a much cheaper PC?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:12 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
Yes, once again you are right and I'm wrong.

But why buy a mac if you are going to run windows programs anyhow?

Would somebody willingly pay extra for an inferior product? ...... Just to "spite" Bill Gates or Microsoft?