ZIP:
BradfordToday is NOT the BradfordEra

Post subject: Re: Think
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:53 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
Im not sure I follow what your trying to say?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:34 pm 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
citizen wrote:
Im not sure I follow what your trying to say?

Neither do I.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:10 am 
BT Regular
BT Regular

City:
ZIP:
No wonder I can't find the crossword puzzle on here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:12 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
BradfordToday wrote:

....... Thank God!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:51 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

City:
ZIP:
BradfordToday wrote:

Someone claims we hide the fact that we are not the Bradford Era. This post above was dated back to Feb. 2010, never, ever did/do we hide the fact that we are not related to or associated with them.

When someone attacks the site, I will respond, and that response is coming, soon. Some questions might be answered and others might be raised as to why this person intensely hates BT and is furious a FORUM POST on this site went viral. Stay tuned.

Last edited by BTAdmin on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no reason given

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:34 pm 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
Maybe its something like "we fear what we cant control" or something similar...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:06 pm 
BT TROLL - (My posts need approved by ADMIN)

City:
ZIP:
Mountain, mole hill, either or, I don't understand the importance of this person's misgivings, I just see it as having no bearing on anything. **SHRUG**

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:26 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
Well, the Jerk, it really IS important to those of us who live in Bradford. IF the media was unbiased and independent from "the powers that be" we wouldn't need a website like Bradford Today. But since the local media is totally controlled and censored like it is, BT is our only hope at getting some stories out that the media completely ignores or worse than that, goes out of their way to hide.

I'll give you a perfect example.

When it was discovered that we had a new candy shop on Main Street that was owned/run by a high risk, violent sex offender, where was the Bradford Era? Did you see that story on their front page? Or ANY page for that matter? No! But the high-risk sex offender closed up shop and is keeping a very low profile because of the internet exposure.

Or how about the "powers that be" claiming there never was a plan to consolidate the local sewer authorities? They denied they were talking about it or had a plan ..... until some very gallant citizens did a "right to know" and we displayed their plan on BT! After everybody could see the plan in black and white on BT, the "liars and deniers" couldn't sweep that back under the carpet.

How many "investigative reporters" does the Era have? NONE! How many "right to know" requests do they send to our local officials?

I've personally been to several meetings where the Era reporters were present and I can tell you, their reports on what took place at the meetings were WAY off base. They probably never report the true "flavor" of the meeting!

Thank God at least Anne Holiday has the good sense to record the meetings and put them on the internet!

A lot of people in town consider the Era a tool of the "status quo", "powers that be", "good ol' boys club" in town and Bradford Today the only tool the people ..... average citizens have!

As everybody knows, many people from many different political, religious, and social beliefs post here on Bradford Today. The Era only prints what a *very select few* wants the town to read!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:34 am 
BT TROLL - (My posts need approved by ADMIN)

City:
ZIP:
Stony, I have no illusions as to your methods and motivations, you make those quite clear and you do so regardless of differing opinions. Perhaps you misunderstood my reply to be a bunching of issues aired by BT as having minimal effect on current issues facing the average Bradford citizen.

My point had nothing to do with what I thought about the importance of BT or your perception of the same. What I don't understand is why this person's perception is being given so much weight. Who is this person and where has he or she been doing so much badmouthing of BT? Their supposed character assassinations don't appear to be being lauded any place but here, unless I am missing something. Hence, my post of:
TheJerk wrote:
Mountain, mole hill, either or, I don't understand the importance of this person's misgivings, I just see it as having no bearing on anything. **SHRUG**

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:01 am 
4 Stars
4 Stars

City:
ZIP:
Oh, ok The Jerk .... I guess we will have to wait to see what BTadmin says about it.

There is stuff going on "behind the scenes" all the time in Bradford. Not everything always reaches the surface.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:17 pm 

City: *
ZIP: *
Shadow wrote:
No wonder I can't find the crossword puzzle on here!

I did happen upon a Bradford Today Crossword puzzle

http://www.bradfordtoday.com/daily-crossword-puzzle/#.UlWrAlDbOSo